Thread: Adding your own version information to the main menu.

Default Adding your own version information to the main menu.

Hi all,
    A common problem in modding NTW is people using the wrong version of a mod, not having a patch installed correctly, or not even knowing themselves which version they are using when reporting bugs. There can also be problems when various team members are trying to merge their files into a release version. I've came up with a simple solution to this problem that doesn't involve editing the logo, and is twice as quick.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What you see there is a new UI element added just above CA's own version information. I've provided a pack file with the UI pages and a recompiled .luac file for the pages. I've edited the .luac file so that it reads from a lua file (also included in the pack) and displays the contents of the lua file. It's very simple to edit, just extract the file "mod_details.lua" and edit the text in between the quotation marks ("") as follows:

Code:
    return "Your Text Here"
    Do not edit/add anything outside of the quotation marks or leave out the quotation marks - doing so will cause errors and potentially crashes. When you are done editing, replace the file in the pack provided with the file you extracted and edited. Note that the pack is a mod type, so you will need mod manager to use it. It can be changed to a movie type if that suits your needs.

If you have any questions, suggestions or bug reports please post them here. I'll also be making a version of this for Empire: Total War in the near future.

Enjoy!
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Default Re: Adding your own version information to the main menu.

Sweet, this is great TC, +rep

Brilliant work, as always!
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries