Thread: Casttles and Provinces slots

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Default Casttles and Provinces slots

Has anyone found how to change training and building slots?

I mean increasing or decreasing maximum number of troops for training (currently fixed at 6)

About buildings I think we can only increase solts availables per casttle till 5.

Default Re: Casttles and Provinces slots

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Has anyone found how to change training and building slots?

I mean increasing or decreasing maximum number of troops for training (currently fixed at 6)

About buildings I think we can only increase solts availables per casttle till 5.
    For units in training look under building effects

The building slots are tied into the building level tables - but adjusting here will adjust the size of the fortress in battle too.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Vragos View Post
    For units in training look under building effects

The building slots are tied into the building level tables - but adjusting here will adjust the size of the fortress in battle too.
    Yes, I can change units in training, what I 'm trying is to find a way to increase that number above 6

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Yes, I can change units in training, what I 'm trying is to find a way to increase that number above 6
    If at all possible, it'll probably require editing files that are currently "unavailable" as they are compiled luac files that can't be simply decompiled with a regular mainstream lua decompiler. Even then, decompilation isn't always perfect and leaves a lot more problems for reading, understanding and modifying the code, and then there's the whole hurdle of recompiling afterwards if the game doesn't accept/read the uncompiled version.

It might also simply be hardcoded at a max of 6 and the same for the max number of town buildings too.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I've look at this problem as early as march, sadly there's seem that it's impossible to allow more buildings per province or increase the maximum amount of troops you can train at the same time... This is especially sad since I'm developing a 12 turns per year mod, where some troops really take some time to build and planing ahead and start training your army it's specially important.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Lordbaal19 View Post
    I've look at this problem as early as march, sadly there's seem that it's impossible to allow more buildings per province or increase the maximum amount of troops you can train at the same time... This is especially sad since I'm developing a 12 turns per year mod, where some troops really take some time to build and planing ahead and start training your army it's specially important.
    That was my problem too.., so I have chosen another path to have increased training times without hurting gameplay..

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

What I have done is to open up all or most training slots from the beginning...
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.