Thread: Morale

Default Morale

Something i have found which i believe to be wrong is how a unit loses 50 men from 400 and already had orange morale ... they should only really be losing morale at a least 300 in my opinion

does anyone else find that the morale damage due to losses is too high?

Default Re: Morale

No. We've all discussed this many times already, the conclusion is that morale is perfect where it is. The more penalty for 300 losses is much greater than the 50 one. It's fine where it is.
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

allright , hmmm perhaps some other factor affected it

Quote Originally Posted by olihax View Post
    allright , hmmm perhaps some other factor affected it
    Yeah. Pretty much any battlefield situation or action will affect morale (and often also stamina, which also has an effect on morale) for your units (and your enemies' too, of course).

Anything from having more enemies close to them than allies, to an enemy general in range boosting enemy morale thus causing morale to drop faster from the enemy having higher morale than them and not getting as many casualties, including generals being stuck in melee or units being inside the castle on siege maps, will affect morale.

Currently, it's extremely easy to build an army so that it is immune to any possible morale shocks and routs using various morale bonuses and general RPG traits. If you have more than one general in the stack and keep your units close to them, you'll almost never see any of your troops rout unless they're already going to be annihilated anyway (such as 10% of them left and stuck in melee with three katana samurai units). In those cases it's actually preferable for them to rout instead of just staying there to die.

At any rate, morale is currently pretty well balanced. It's not nearly as bad as it was in vanilla.