Thread: BOA Download and Installation Order

Default BOA Download and Installation Order

I'd recently decided to play BOA again, but I've lost track of how to install the numerous files for the mod. I've browsed through the download links section and the entire submod campaign thread, but I'm unsure how to install BOA with the latest fixes. Can somebody confirm that this is the right order of installation?

1. Install Battles of Asia v2.0 (550mb) from download links thread
    2. Install hip63's campaign installer (42mb): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=282715
    3. Start playing!

Default Re: BOA Download and Installation Order

No, that's the old version of campaign. Check the Download thread, and follow the instructions. That's the latest version of the mod. And don't forget to install the quick fix, which is on the same thread.

Have a nice play

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Thanks for the instructions Does the campaign addon include Hayami Kagemusha's patch and Halloween's good look mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Umpirelegions View Post
    Thanks for the instructions Does the campaign addon include Hayami Kagemusha's patch and Halloween's good look mod?
    Yop, it does. Anyway I just saw that Alex has uploaded a new version of the campaign addon on a russian site few weeks ago. I'll reupload it again on good mirror and post it on the download thread.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Has the new version been uploaded yet for the download thread?

Yep; just right now. I haven't tried it yet, so feel free to post any problem, crash or bug in the forum. Have a nice play !

I've just tried extracting the new campaign add-on provided, but the extractor keeps telling me that many files are broken. Is there a way to fix this? In case its relevant, I was using the latest 7-zip extractor for 64 bit windows and then tried IZARC, but both tell me the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Umpirelegions View Post
    I've just tried extracting the new campaign add-on provided, but the extractor keeps telling me that many files are broken. Is there a way to fix this? In case its relevant, I was using the latest 7-zip extractor for 64 bit windows and then tried IZARC, but both tell me the same thing.
    It tried with winrar and it work well. It seems that maybe your download has been corrupted. Try to download the archive again and tell me what happens.

Edit: Sorry, after another try it seems that you were right. I'm checking if it was the archive uploaded by alex itself which is corrupted, or just my download.

Edit 2: Yes, it seems that Alex has uploaded a corrupted version of his add-on, so I put the previous version in line back right now.
    Last edited by Nelduin; June 06, 2011 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks Can't wait to start a campaign!

Just started a campaign, and everything looks great. However, after I installed the campaign addon, I get a ctd (with no explanation even after show_err was enabled) every time I tried to setup and play a custom battle. I eventually reverted to reinstalling BOA with hip63's campaign installer instead and custom battles work when I do it that way. Is there a way to fix it? if it helps, the custom battle setup I did was with all of Shimazu's units against all the Ming Dynasty units.

Really I'm sorry I don't have BoA and RTW installed right now, and I didn't play any version of the campaign addon myself.

Anyway it's very strange... Are you sure that you extracted the archive in the right folder ?

I apologize for the poor help I give, but I have just received my new computer, and I will install RTW and BoA in the next few days to find where the problem is.

While, I advice you to play with hip63's installer until I found a solution.

I'm pretty sure it was extracted to the right folder. I did the instructions contained in the campaign addon, but that screwed the custom battles. I guess I'll just have to test it out and fix it as I go along. Some help is better than none, so no need to apologize

I've edited the building descriptions for the campaign. For those interested (and have installed the campaign) just download this file, unzip it and put it in the BOA/data/text folder. Remember to back up the file first before replacing it!