Thread: whats your favorite unit?

Default whats your favorite unit?

Well mine is the brunswick troops from britain.
    lol i call them the death troops, because there dressed in black
    sadly they are weak though.....

Default Re: whats your favorite unit?

French 6 pounders.

Vieille Guarde, just brilliant troops with deadly volleys and impressive morale. Not very imaginative of me, i know, but what can i say they just are the best.

panzer 4's Avatar Domesticus

the generals bodyguard.... because he can look death in the face... and freeze lol
    nah jks lol, Beylik Janissary Grenadiers cause they absolutely destroy everyone in melee... on an unrelated note, shouldn't the janissaries have better accuracy and range but slower reload compared to the europeans?
    Last edited by panzer 4; June 05, 2011 at 04:15 AM.
    The US will gladly step up to become the world police when there is oil involved, yet they will resign the second there is a genocide in Africa, a slaughter in an allied nation, or a massacre committed by dictators, all who's nations have nothing to offer, but the gratitude of the people to the international community for reaching out.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

French Conscript musketeers or National Guard.. Perhaps Westhapalia "Grenadier Guards" is my favourite. Somr of those 3
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by panzer 4 View Post
    on an unrelated note, shouldn't the janissaries have better accuracy and range but slower reload compared to the europeans?
    What i know; No & no

ps. Sry for douple posting
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

eh the TUFENK!!!!!!! the ottoman musket > european musket (except in terms of reload capabilities)
    The US will gladly step up to become the world police when there is oil involved, yet they will resign the second there is a genocide in Africa, a slaughter in an allied nation, or a massacre committed by dictators, all who's nations have nothing to offer, but the gratitude of the people to the international community for reaching out.

im sorry panzer but what is up with your profile pic and signature, people may take offense to it and personally i don't think its right. you should probably change it before you get banned.

the generals bodyguard.... because he can look death in the face... and freeze lol
    nah jks lol, Beylik Janissary Grenadiers cause they absolutely destroy everyone in melee... on an unrelated note, shouldn't the janissaries have better accuracy and range but slower reload compared to the europeans?
    Indeed they should, CA couldn't be bothered though and most modders forget/overlook this detail.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Can't get past the Grand battery. Just love to see it tear a section of the enemy line up on its own. I also love the Mameluke Garde, many a regiment of line have they taken in the flank!

DunkFunk's Avatar Semisalis

Russian Grenadiers 168 men each scaryier than the last
    Never argue with an idiot;
    He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414297

Russian 6 pdr battery,fear them they kick ass

prussian Garde zu Pferde

French Chasseurs a Cheval de la Garde and Dutch Guard Lancers
    TWC ✯ Co-founder The Wargaming Club

Baden Infantry

Miles

british hussars there have sexy jackets
    Last edited by Millander; June 16, 2011 at 10:35 PM.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

The big brothers themselves the glorious and incomparable french cuirassiers

You are right , they should have better accuracy and lower reload and for 2 reasons mainly. Firstly , they used the tufenk musket which was more accurate than western european muskets and took longer to load. Secondly, because the janissaries tended to be better "individual marksmen".

Quote Originally Posted by ottomanfan View Post
    You are right , they should have better accuracy and lower reload and for 2 reasons mainly. Firstly , they used the tufenk musket which was more accurate than western european muskets and took longer to load. Secondly, because the janissaries tended to be better "individual marksmen".
    i would expect that they would win at longer ranges but be decimated at closer range by the British and French rapid volleys