Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ran No Jidai needs additional help!

Default Ran No Jidai needs additional help!

Ran no Jidai mod is looking for your help.Yes you, who ever you are! :wink: Our graphics people need help with colouring the models for different factions.This is not heavy duty,but simple Photoshop using under the friendly guidance of Tomte of Doom.Also if you can draw with Photoshop you can get to learn more from Master Tomte.
    If you want to learn from other Master called PROMETHEUS.You could help him out with the buildings and cityplans and in the process also maybe pick something new in the process.
    We are looking for people to help with simple text editing.Before yours truly goes mad with those.Im also working at the moment with the map related text files and if anyone has good knowledge on implementing map in the Bi,help would be greatly appreciated.
    Also we are always looking help on other sections too.Darkragnar is always on the look out for new people for the sound and sfx and ofcourse If you know you can script you are more then wellcome to enter the team, since we dont have a full time scripter in the bunch.
    The thing is that we can eventually complete this project,but if you want to help us carry out this project in the end sometime soon and also get your own signature in the finished project,feel free to tell what you can do for us in this thread or throw a PM to one of us.

-Kage
    Last edited by Kagemusha; March 08, 2006 at 08:16 AM.

Shingen's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha
    Ran no Jidai mod is looking for your help.Yes you, who ever you are! :wink: Our graphics people need help with colouring the models for different factions.This is not heavy duty,but simple Photoshop using under the friendly guidance of Tomte of Doom.Also if you can draw with Photoshop you can get to learn more from Master Tomte.
    Hi, I'm a professional media designer and I know Photoshop verg good.
    Because Tomtes illustrations are so awesome and I like the atmosphere of shogun so much, I decided to offer you my help. (colouring the models)

I sended my e-mail adresse to Tomte.

Thank you very much.

I would be glad to help you but i have a poor knowledge of photoshop...

Stat rosa pristina nomine nomina nuda tenemus

Dont worry Caprera Tomte can teach you in no time,after all if i remember right you have played a little with photoshop when making those sigs. :wink: You should get PM soon to talk some more.

Decanus

Oh I would love to help. I'm intrested in skinning but I have no knowledge of it (and it looks rather intimedating), but unforunately I'm busy as it with school, trying to find my self a new bass, and house work. Maybe by April or May I can come back around because I'll be down with 1 or 2 classes.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    - Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha
    Dont worry Caprera Tomte can teach you in no time,after all if i remember right you have played a little with photoshop when making those sigs. :wink: You should get PM soon to talk some more.
    Yeah it's me! Btw the sigs where not such an hard work. If Tomte can teach me how to modify the skins you need i will be happy to help...

Waiting for the PM

Stat rosa pristina nomine nomina nuda tenemus

JuanKilo's Avatar Laetus

I offer my services. I've never helped create a mod, but I have beta tested a few times. I do have Photoshop, yet am not an artist. Any job, start with something simple, and I'll work up.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Hey all, i've just registered to these forums, but i've been watching this mod for quite some time, you are doing a great job , I would like to help with the colouring of the models, i have some experience with 3dsmax and im just figuring out photoshop . But with the help of master Tomte i would certainly like to give it a try

I would like to help, but I have no skills and experience.... maybe I can learn?

Default Re: Ran No Jidai needs additional help!

I've got an extensive sound libary,
    have a fair few battle sounds (although a couple come from S:TW )
    I'll try to be useful in the sound department if you want me.

I'm also interesting in being a beta tester.

But I've got exams over the up coming month, but after that I'm good for the summer.

Hello,

I do Batto-Do and I was wondering if you would like any info on the japanese arts (Kyudo, naganata-do, Kenjutsu).

I loved shogun: Total war (although the whole "Battlefeild Ninja" thing annoyed me) and was sad they didn't remake it. If you like I can give you historicle info and I can probbaly hook you up with some japanese music (Althouh it is an aquired taste) although their is some fun Ondo ^___^

Good luck with the mod and feel free to message me ^ ^

I have knowledge on how to mod certain files. Descr_strat.txt, the descriptions, and so on. Not exactly an expert, mind you. But, if there is any way I can help out...? Writing descriptions, making sure units work in custom battles (yeah, once had a problem with creating a new unit that utilised the Limitanei model - their missile attack, I think, was either set to no or 0...which caused a CTD until the missile attack was added), and so on.

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

I never figured it out, but if there's just some photoshop work, wich I know quite well, I can handle it! just give the instructions on how you want what and we'll see if you're pleased!

Quote Originally Posted by Taneda Santôka
    I never figured it out, but if there's just some photoshop work, wich I know quite well, I can handle it! just give the instructions on how you want what and we'll see if you're pleased!
    You have a PM.

Hmmm i have got some experience with photoshop ... but im not sure i have the time:hmmm: also got some experience with script modding(made some minimods for myself in Rome TW, DoW and BFME) ... but agian i've got a huge project with my website which take much of my time...
    BUT... i have some great freinds from the danish web-comic community. One of them make games on his own(graphics, coding etc.) and train ninjitsu 3 times aweek so he will sure be up to this. I will ask him soon... :original:

best mod ever by the way... looking forward to play it

Edit: sry for my english
    Last edited by Saxondreamer; July 27, 2006 at 07:12 AM.

Admin on Blastedcomics.dk goes under the name SharK
    Remember, give peace a chance...

ironic as it is, a few hours after i wrote my last post... my dreamweaver crashed ... and does'nt seems to work anymore
    this means that im ready for the job for now mail me at gustavhansen@msn.com or shark@blastedcomics.dk... i will, ofcause, still ask my freind

EDIT: Btw im only running photoshop 5. on my cpu, normally i use fireworks MX, wich is pretty much the same as the photoshop series, though it needs some small features compared to photoshop...
    Last edited by Saxondreamer; July 27, 2006 at 07:12 AM.

Admin on Blastedcomics.dk goes under the name SharK
    Remember, give peace a chance...

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

I've messed around with photoshop for some time, so I'll report for action
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

The funny thing about all the offered help is that I offered my virtues in a Thread and in a PM to Tomte. But I never got an answer by Tomte or Kage or anyone. It's not that I'm a Novice to Photoshop or Illustrator, im quite good, and I really don't understand why you guys don't take the offered help. I always thought you need some help to finish this astonishing mod... :hmmm:
    That is not the way you guys should deal with those who offer their help to you.

Likewise, I offered my help with the .txt files. I'm no expert, but I do know how to mess with a number of the files. I could even proof-read (e.g. making certain that there are entries for every single settlement in the descr_strat.txt, to name but one). Not that bothered though...ordered Medieval: Total War Gold Edition...might be sucked into that. Not that I'm uninstalling RTW or anything, though...

EDIT: Not to be offensive or anything, but one thing the people responsible for this mod need to learn is something called manners. Ignoring someone who offers their help...twice(I posted earlier in this thread)...is not very kind. It is very ill-mannered. TW Centre is meant to be a community, and I feel shut out now after offering my help in a thread that asks for people to offer their help. I mean, in my earlier post, I was ignored while the person who posted right after me was replied to. And I can imagine others would feel pretty much the same way. Not meaning to flame or anything. Better I say it kindly this way before someone else gets into a rage over anything similar. So learn from this mistake over ignoring people. I've said my part, I hope you finish this mod and I hope it does turn out to be an amazing piece of work. I would still like to help out, but if you don't NEED or WANT certain help, you should really just say so, no problems. Goodluck anyway (not being sarcastic).
    Last edited by Kaidonni; July 30, 2006 at 11:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast