Thread: [Napoleon Total war] North & South

Default Re: [Napoleon Total war] North & South

hello
    I need to put a link to download north and south for napoleon total war
    because those who are not working
    thanks

hello
    When will enable a link to download napoleon north and south?
    thanks

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

http://ge.tt/4CdTrIM/v/0?c

extract the zip file and copy the acw folder to napoleontotalwar/data/

The file has to be extracted with the right click, or you have to use the program 7zip?

you need 7zip to open it

the soldier dont have bayonets tht destroys all the feeling ((((

Please for the love of Odin get rid of that bloody annoying thing that makes every single unit always hidden. If anyone should have that, only the skirmishers. It is the reason I didn't like the ETW version, it really gets annoying fast when EVERY enemy unit minus the general is invisible.
    I am trying to get across my frustration while not going into angry ranty mode as best as I can. Please, just vanquish this very big annoyance ASAP.

Also, when a volley of 170 rifles hits the flank of an enemy line, well within range and said unit has 40 accuracy, you'd think more than just 10 men would die. It is pointless to try and fire at the enemy as you won't get hardly any kills.
    The rate that men die should be pretty damn high, as the weapons of the era were really good at doing their job. It should take only a few volleys to rack up a good number of the enemy.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by demoman_chaos View Post
    Please for the love of Odin get rid of that bloody annoying thing that makes every single unit always hidden. If anyone should have that, only the skirmishers. It is the reason I didn't like the ETW version, it really gets annoying fast when EVERY enemy unit minus the general is invisible.
    I am trying to get across my frustration while not going into angry ranty mode as best as I can. Please, just vanquish this very big annoyance ASAP.
    Since North and South is a multiplayer mod only, there is no reason to remove the visible scouting system.

You have to use your cavalry, to scout the enemy troops. That way, you can do flanking maneuvers and making ambushes... when you would see all units from the start, the strategic gameplay would be non sense. And since the mod is only made for multiplayer games, there is no chance to get rid of it!

YOU are speaking about the historical accuracy of the guns.. so think about the strategic movements of the battles and how important scouts were. NO general could see the entire enemy army.. so there is no reason to remove that important scouting feature
    Last edited by Hinkel; June 01, 2013 at 08:03 AM.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Thank god I was not obliged to satisfy everyone

Laetus

Hi all, just wanted to ask if anyone knew why I can't get the full download mod of this north and south to work for napolean. When I download it it seems fine look fine but when in game play I have not confederate units nor Union but only the Napolean units?

Did you even install it? You have to extract the zip and place the acw folder under /napoleon/data/

it should then look like: /steamapps/common/napoleon/data/acw

and then you have to use the launcer so that the acw_packs are moved into the right folder

Default Re: 3.6 Progress Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Nugiman View Post
    Well no worries about that
    Hopefully a mapper will join the team. Must not be even very realistic, the most important fact for maps in this mod is large scale. This is no deathmatch-multiplayer match on the small vanilla maps

I'll be patient on this, and hoping.
    I don't want to do advertising, but for bigger custom maps, you should actually have a look to North and South: NTW. You have the "The Blue and the Grey" maps there (cause the mods are mostly done by the same guys) - and most of them are extented, like the Manassas map with walls and fences.., together with dozens of other historical civil war maps (Gettysburg day 1, 2 and 3), even with scenarios with the historical regiments and sizes.

So I think, ETW is the campaign game, while NTW is actually made for custom/mp battles. You have more options in NTW multiplayer, so I recommend to play those battles in North and South.

Thats the reworked first manassas for example, also with historical units:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In this small machinima, you can have a look into the biggest map Antietam for example:

Last edited by Hinkel; July 04, 2014 at 05:02 AM.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    I don't want to do advertising, but for bigger custom maps, you should actually have a look to North and South: NTW. You have the "The Blue and the Grey" maps there (cause the mods are mostly done by the same guys) - and most of them are extented, like the Manassas map with walls and fences.., together with dozens of other historical civil war maps (Gettysburg day 1, 2 and 3), even with scenarios with the historical regiments and sizes.

So I think, ETW is the campaign game, while NTW is actually made for custom/mp battles. You have more options in NTW multiplayer, so I recommend to play those battles in North and South.

Thats the reworked first manassas for example, also with historical units:

In this small machinima, you can have a look into the biggest map Antietam for example:

Hey, How did you get more than 20 units in Napoleon within a custom battle? I thought that wasn't possible. If so let me know!

msckman101's Avatar Foederatus

I will be handling most of the PR for Trig on this thread, as well with ModDB simply to take off some the load he has, because he is basically doing this himself. I am glad to be joining forces with Trig to showcase this beautiful new patch as well as the magnificence of the mod as a whole. Also soon I will be posting videos on my channel of sneak peaks about this new patch coming.

Let's not get confused: North and South for Napoleon is Multiplayer only, although it does show off some great units and stylistic features. It was brought forth by the original ACW team, but because it took longer than they thought with Empire: Total War, they abandoned the NTW versions.

You mentioned over 20 units used in the Napoleon Version in custom battle. This new patch for ETW will add over 200 units adding to Union, Confederate, and minor factions. 3.6 will be a beast. In the next month or so I will be doing a sneak peak showcase of this new patch on my channel, and hopefully answer any questions from the community as we wait anxiously without giving ourselves a heart attack, as I am a huge fan too.

I want to thank Trig, and let the community know that it is an honor he asked me to come aboard to be a sort of community manager for you all. I will exercise my expertise and experience to the best of my ability.

Look forward to discussing with you all:

Musickman

Correction, they did North and South because ETW was taking too long. Not too sure how many units were in NTW, but it only had Custom, Multiplayer, but no Campaign, and will still have 20 units cards in battle, but each regiment will have 200 units. NTW is still great for multiplayer, but ACW 3.6 will bring a campaign to be thoroughly enjoyed with high replay value. Sorry guys......just woke up from a nap, brains finally pumping the blood.
    Last edited by Trig; July 07, 2014 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msckman101 View Post
    I will be handling most of the PR for Trig on this thread, as well with ModDB simply to take off some the load he has, because he is basically doing this himself. I am glad to be joining forces with Trig to showcase this beautiful new patch as well as the magnificence of the mod as a whole. Also soon I will be posting videos on my channel of sneak peaks about this new patch coming.

Let's not get confused: North and South for Napoleon is Multiplayer only, although it does show off some great units and stylistic features. It was brought forth by the original ACW team, but because it took longer than they thought with Empire: Total War, they abandoned the NTW versions.

You mentioned over 20 units used in the Napoleon Version in custom battle. This new patch for ETW will add over 200 units adding to Union, Confederate, and minor factions. 3.6 will be a beast. In the next month or so I will be doing a sneak peak showcase of this new patch on my channel, and hopefully answer any questions from the community as we wait anxiously without giving ourselves a heart attack, as I am a huge fan too.

I want to thank Trig, and let the community know that it is an honor he asked me to come aboard to be a sort of community manager for you all. I will exercise my expertise and experience to the best of my ability.

Look forward to discussing with you all:

Musickman

Correction, they did North and South because ETW was taking too long. Not too sure how many units were in NTW, but it only had Custom, Multiplayer, but no Campaign, and will still have 20 units cards in battle, but each regiment will have 200 units. NTW is still great for multiplayer, but ACW 3.6 will bring a campaign to be thoroughly enjoyed with high replay value. Sorry guys......just woke up from a nap, brains finally pumping the blood.
    Sorry, but you are completly wrong

1) You can indeed have more then 20 active units to play.. you can have up to 40 units active for one player in North and South: NTW.
    2) North and South has more then 500 historical units to play in historical battles. Each unit has the historic accurate soldier number (not 200... ), it can range from 50 up to 300. Its all about the historical unit strenght, that unit used in the battle.
    3) I / We did not continue ACW, NOT cause it was taking too long. Most of us had real-life jobs or we started other mod projects. We never left the Team officially to be true.
    4) The NTW version was never abandoned.. the new version will be out in July for example...
    5) As I told before, our "The Blue and the Grey" was and is made for an awesome civil war campaign expierence, while North and South is for multiplayer and historic accurate map lovers!
    6) My posting was never made for any competition between both mods.. but it seems you are trying to down rate North and South. That guy just wanted to know, if there are any new custom maps are made and I gave an overview about the civil war mod, which is made for those custom battles.

So.. please stop telling any false rumors...

Beside that, I can't wait for an ACW 3.6 lets play, made by you!
    Last edited by Hinkel; July 08, 2014 at 01:04 PM.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

My posting was never made for any competition between both mods.. but it seems you are trying to down rate North and South.
    I don't think he tried to down rate the mod, Hinkel. Was perhaps just a bit clumsy in answering. I think everyone realises ACW mods for ETW, NTW and S2TW just benefit us all, as we have all the games covered and a lot of Civil War battles to fight

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Sorry, but you are completly wrong

1) You can indeed have more then 20 active units to play.. you can have up to 40 units active for one player in North and South: NTW.
    2) North and South has more then 500 historical units to play in historical battles. Each unit has the historic accurate soldier number (not 200... ), it can range from 50 up to 300. Its all about the historical unit strenght, that unit used in the battle.
    3) I / We did not continue ACW, NOT cause it was taking too long. Most of us had real-life jobs or we started other mod projects. We never left the Team officially to be true.
    4) The NTW version was never abandoned.. the new version will be out in July for example...
    5) As I told before, our "The Blue and the Grey" was and is made for an awesome civil war campaign expierence, while North and South is for multiplayer and historic accurate map lovers!
    6) My posting was never made for any competition between both mods.. but it seems you are trying to down rate North and South. That guy just wanted to know, if there are any new custom maps are made and I gave an overview about the civil war mod, which is made for those custom battles.

So.. please stop telling any false rumors...

Beside that, I can't wait for an ACW 3.6 lets play, made by you!
    Hi, How do you play with more than 20 units in custom battles in North Vs. South. I just downloaded it and can't figure it out> any hints?

Have you tried the historical scenarios?

Try the McPhersons Ridge scenario for example..

Have you tried the historical scenarios?

Try the McPhersons Ridge scenario for example..
    I'll give it a try! Thanks for the fast response. Is there a place where I can find others using this mod for multiplayer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast