Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Total War: ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

Default Re: Total War: ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

Hey man I love and need this mod, could you add a directory system where you pinpoint where the folder is because I dont put my games on steamapps/common/ I put them on a seperate drive.

Hey man I use a seperate drive for my games and my steam is on my OS drive I have a problem that it cant find my game folder, could you install like a directory thing to pin point where the folder is?

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

I m not sure this is the mod manager I use actually...
    Last edited by Yerevan; May 08, 2014 at 06:22 PM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

dont work...

please help me a this error:

I not know this is a error on window 7

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsocke View Post
    Run the console cmd.exe as Admin and create a hardlink with the following command. Adjust both directory statements to fit your installation of steam.
    MKLINK /D F:\Steam\common\ F:\Steam\SteamApps\common
    It TOOK awhile to get the command line typed EXACTLY correct and right but it worked (and using it on an iMac with Windows 8.1 Bootcamp with an external drive nonetheless)

Here it is so you can see and learn from the errors and come to understand why the command line interface is difficult to penetrate without step by step for some who are not that familiar with it. Under windows 8 I found CMD under Programs --> Windows System --> Right click on Command Prompt -->select Administrator and the black command prompt box will come up with the blinking cursor just like what they did in the olden days.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>mklink /d D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common
    The syntax of the command is incorrect.
    Creates a symbolic link.

MKLINK [[/D] | [/H] | [/J]] Link Target

/D Creates a directory symbolic link. Default is a file
    symbolic link.
    /H Creates a hard link instead of a symbolic link.
    /J Creates a Directory Junction.
    Link specifies the new symbolic link name.
    Target specifies the path (relative or absolute) that the new link
    refers to.

C:\Windows\system32>MKLINK /D D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common
    Creates a symbolic link.

MKLINK [[/D] | [/H] | [/J]] Link Target

/D Creates a directory symbolic link. Default is a file
    symbolic link.
    /H Creates a hard link instead of a symbolic link.
    /J Creates a Directory Junction.
    Link specifies the new symbolic link name.
    Target specifies the path (relative or absolute) that the new link
    refers to.

C:\Windows\system32>MKLINK /D D:\Steam\common D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common
    The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Windows\system32>MKLINK /D D:\Games\Steam\Steam\common\Total War SHOGUN 2\dat
    a D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2\data

C:\Windows\system32>MKLINK /D D:\Games\Steam\common\Total War SHOGUN 2\data D:\G
    ames\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2\data

---------------Victory at last here------------

C:\Windows\system32>MKLINK /D D:\Games\Steam\common D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\com
    mon
    symbolic link created for D:\Games\Steam\common <<===>> D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps
    \common

C:\Windows\system32>

-------------------------------------------

The Steam Manager seems to come up twice (showing workshop content as did this manager)but the game runs fine otherwise

How do i change the directory of the mod manager since i do not have it in a steam file (Cracked)

it crashs every time i start the game through this mod manager

There is no attached file!!!

How I can change the directory? It searches for the steam file, but I don't play through steam. So I can't use it. I know the thread is very old, but if you can help, I'll be on your debt.

Thx in Advance.

waht if my game is not on the C disc (i have multiple discs and have the game installed on one of them)

I'm using latest pirated version of the game.. can the manager work?

Guys, if you have problem with notification The system cannot find the file specified or something like this, mby I can help you even without using Command console in Windows. First I tried to fix it by using console but after no success I tried it another way. I guess you have same problem because your Shogun 2 game location is not in the same location as Shogun 2 Mod Manager is looking for.
    1) I'm using Total War: Shogun 2 Mod Manager (lastest version: 1.1 Build 0009; in README.txt file it's written it is 1.0 Build 0021) downloaded here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tws...atest/download
    2) In my case Shogun 2 Mod Manager notified it can't find this directory E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, IF YOU WERE ASKED FOR SUCH LOCATION! If not, it's probably because you haven't installed steam (I already had and mby you have to install it as well). And if yes, simply you need create such forder in correct/asked directory)
    3) After you created exact forders in mentioned directory (as you can see it's the same directory where your steam is installed, my case E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data) then try to run your Shogun 2 Mod Manager again. Now you should get another notification which is finally asking you for correct Shogun 2 location (or Shogun2.exe file). Just simply find your .exe file and everything should be fixed.

Guys it's strongly possible, that step 2) which I mentioned in my last Reply is pointless. I guess it's simply possbile to set path for location of the game even without creating additional Folders. That's because of Shogun 2 Mod Manager last version:
    - Updated for patch
    - Can now choose custom path if steam path is not located
    What I consider for important is to run Updater.exe (don't forget to get lastest version first https://sourceforge.net/projects/tws...atest/download). After update program will ask you for game location.

Anyway after all I figured out Shogun 2 Mod Manager as useless. But I found some better Mod Manager. You can check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb2H1GpdJWo It's for TW: Attila game but works as well for Shogun mod managing. I think program XVI32 u can ignore since I heard it's only because of non-showing mods in Mod Manager. Important for us is Mod Manager (Fix Attempt) v2.0 you can download it here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/mod-manag...modmanagerv2-0 Reason, why this Manager is so useful is: 1) it's working 2) even for non-steam users. There is also version 3.0 but is working only with steam. If you have some issue with running this Mod Manager, check youtube video i mentioned.

its not breaking any blody law, he made it, and i couldent care less who made it, id still decypher it, the people of this comunity deserve it,
    https://istanawedding.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345