Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Total War: ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

Icon7 Total War: ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

SHOGUN 2 Mod Manager

Feature list:
    • Mod directory for storing unused mods.
    • Enabling and disabling of mods.
    • Auto update of user.script.text
    • Shoutcut to the game.(Mod manager closes)
    • Portable.
    • Detects game & script directories for easy use.
    • Can lock modlist to prevent deactivating/activating mods.
    • Can delete mods from the Mod Manager.
    • Added Messages to certain functions.
    More to come!
    -Happy-i-am

See attached File

Latest 1.1

BUGS:

Can't tell the .pack type, always uses MOD in user script, if its movie or anything you'll have to edit the user.script.txt yourself.
    Last edited by Happy-I-am; June 21, 2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Redone MM
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0Ghz OC'D to 3.53Ghz
    MOBO: M4A89TD PRO USB3, Bios 2001
    RAM: Kingston PC3-10700 2 GB x 2 & Kingston PC3-10700 1 GB x 2 OC'D From 1333 Mhz to 1553Mhz
    GPU: Shappire HD5870 1GB
    HHD(Is immportant) 1TB WD Caviar Black, sata 3 64mb cache
    Moniter: ViewSonic 24' LCD 1920x1080@60Hertz
    ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

Default Re: Total War: ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

Very nice and much needed!

Icon7 Re: Total War: ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    Very nice and much needed!
    Thanks ^_^

I've got a new version showing the .packs without the long path line, having trouble getting renaming to work, can get it to rename.. just can't get it to remove the ~

I'm Nooby at Visual Basic >_< But current Release is stable(in my testing)
    RAM: Kingston PC3-10700 2 GB x 2 & Kingston PC3-10700 1 GB x 2 OC'D From 1333 Mhz to 1553Mhz
    ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

ime gona test this heavily right now m8, u do this ul be a legend in my books, u got my unrivald thaks providing it works =p it means i cna get back to unlocking all factions

ah this isnt a total mod manager. hang up ime gna try all my old verts of mods, se if it makes them compatable or not

-----no doues not work like lt's mod manager for empire ------
    Last edited by Lord Zarmack; June 09, 2011 at 07:43 AM.

Was purely made to install/remove .pack files. Makes it simpler and faster, since I can leave this on my desktop and doing have to go through my HDD. Most mods i've seen are only editing .packs so thats why it's so limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zarmack View Post
    ime gona test this heavily right now m8, u do this ul be a legend in my books, u got my unrivald thaks providing it works =p it means i cna get back to unlocking all factions

ah this isnt a total mod manager. hang up ime gna try all my old verts of mods, se if it makes them compatable or not

-----no doues not work like lt's mod manager for empire ------
    Can you please speak in English?

That is very hard to understand..

If you can't speak english, as in it's not your first langauge please use google translator. (:

Thanks

UPDATED TO 0.2a
    Last edited by Happy-I-am; June 11, 2011 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Update notice
    ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

i am english i just type like this, direct to the point. itherway ime waiting for a real mod manager lt style, shogun 2 is just not even worth playing otherwise- and besides i couldent car eless, ive been modding fall out nv to hell recently, and ime enjoying my self, just waiting for oblivion 4 cant wait

Wasn't trying to be offensive, so what features should be added too this then?
    ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

Come on guys, I need some feed back so I know what to add/improve.
    ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Happy-I-am View Post
    Come on guys, I need some feed back so I know what to add/improve.
    In the past mod manager for Empire Total War only ever worked. Napoleon was a disaster with Mod Manager as it keeps crashing!
    Good old User Script never fails me and good luck with this one for Shogun 2 mate.

User Script is the easiest way to get any mod to work with no problems.

Well I've more or less made this to make adding/removing .packs more simple, allowing people to change edited .packs before game play faster than going to the data directory and deleting or moving the files.
    A mod will still need to be set as movie or done with userscript for it too work.

- Shorter code
    -Closes when starting game
    -When you enable mod it will auto add mod 'pack name' ; to the user.script.txt file
    -When you disable a mod it will auto remove mod 'pack name' ; to the user.script.txt file

Should be out later tomorrow, rather tired and only having one wee bug.
    Last edited by Happy-I-am; June 13, 2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Update
    ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

well dude ur owed alot for even trying, i was half way thru unlocking all factions when my entire script set up was overrun witht he patch, my steem ahs a bug were no matter how meny times i click "do not auto update my games" it did it anyway- so ey dude i do have a ruf idear in how to make the auto compatability work, but i assure you it is limited into knowing the script editing and placement- lt, never shared his know how with me or any 1 so it seems-

hell i had posted that i found the on off switch nearly, i had and do know how to isolate the files so the activation 3 key is unlokced, ie i could replace factions with other factions show there name and coulor, but i couldent some how manage to find tht last ket stone that alowed them playable, not the script "faction playable", but the file hiden within a obscure location were it souldent be, delib placed there by ca, ive seen it before done in other games, sutch as scripting oblivion to be online playable with host net server- there oddly was a online or a test rig linked to olbivion by the developers, hell knows why, it was a failed script but nother or less, led to oblivion being multiplayable - ither way shogun 2 related - i am still in denial about it lol, 3 weeks of scaning over and over and testing and testing trial and error =p itherway m8 ur doing a good job so far,
    dont stop. id be inclined to ask you or tell you how to use import mod manager-

what you need to do is rewrite lts transfer mod script, "the script with lets u make empires mod manager compatable with nap", so fas as that guy said it is a uter fail- the reson why is becouse the core scripts with enable it to recognice errors and auto- correct them to the patches script is missing- so far to my knowlage lt is the only 1 who knew how to identify the script that was the culperate to making it possible and stable

and m8 u can never ofdend me , your doing this for the right resons,ur trying and u deserve respect for it.
    Last edited by Lord Zarmack; June 13, 2011 at 04:29 PM.

Icon6 Re: Total War: ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zarmack View Post
    well dude ur owed alot for even trying, i was half way thru unlocking all factions when my entire script set up was overrun witht he patch, my steem ahs a bug were no matter how meny times i click "do not auto update my games" it did it anyway- so ey dude i do have a ruf idear in how to make the auto compatability work, but i assure you it is limited into knowing the script editing and placement- lt, never shared his know how with me or any 1 so it seems-

hell i had posted that i found the on off switch nearly, i had and do know how to isolate the files so the activation 3 key is unlokced, ie i could replace factions with other factions show there name and coulor, but i couldent some how manage to find tht last ket stone that alowed them playable, not the script "faction playable", but the file hiden within a obscure location were it souldent be, delib placed there by ca, ive seen it before done in other games, sutch as scripting oblivion to be online playable with host net server- there oddly was a online or a test rig linked to olbivion by the developers, hell knows why, it was a failed script but nother or less, led to oblivion being multiplayable - ither way shogun 2 related - i am still in denial about it lol, 3 weeks of scaning over and over and testing and testing trial and error =p itherway m8 ur doing a good job so far,
    dont stop. id be inclined to ask you or tell you how to use import mod manager-

what you need to do is rewrite lts transfer mod script, "the script with lets u make empires mod manager compatable with nap", so fas as that guy said it is a uter fail- the reson why is becouse the core scripts with enable it to recognice errors and auto- correct them to the patches script is missing- so far to my knowlage lt is the only 1 who knew how to identify the script that was the culperate to making it possible and stable

and m8 u can never ofdend me , your doing this for the right resons,ur trying and u deserve respect for it.

Hmm, Thanks for that. I never intened to make this convert older mods.

So far I got it doing what I want it to do,

which is mainly controlling .packs and adding/removing them from the user.script.text file

I'll re-read what you wrote later, the way you type makes it hard for me to read it. Sorry. Just need to read it a few times lol.

But so far you're talking about is using a script to make older mods compatible?

Was up all night so sorry if i've lost track in what you're talking about. lol

Thanks

Also I'd like to know if anyone finds this useful so far?

EDIT: I think I understand what you mean, when a patch comes out it changes vaules, so old mods wont work anymore.

I'm not sure how'd I'd fix that, I think someone with more know how will have to do that, unless they're willing to show me how

EDIT 2: Can a mod please move this thread to http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1572

Unless it doesn't belong there.
    Last edited by Happy-I-am; June 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Edit
    ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

what ime saying is there is a way to edit the scripts that run mod manager, and change them to be usable with other total war games, with the right work and determination, you would have to open up the mod manager's scripts and edit them to respond and recognice shogun 2 as the direct link, insted of empire - " it requires you opening the script file of mod manager" and editing the variants to recognice shogun 2 as its default directory- ect imean its a hell of a job - but if u did it rep wise and dude ud be known, my issue is abviously i am not to confedent in my ability to do it, or i would have done it =) but ime coming to the conclusion that i shud just gamble with it and give it ago seing as no 1 elce seems to try lol

Oh, i'd need the source files so I could even look..

Also depends what langauge it is in, I know VB 2010, and a few others, but HTML & CSS wont help me here.
    ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

ey its a pain i know.

Pretty much, could always ask the authour..
    ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

ive tried for months, he dousent reply trust me

Ah, well someone could decompile hiis work, but thats breaking laws and such so no more talk of that and no I can't do that.
    ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

its not breaking any blody law, he made it, and i couldent care less who made it, id still decypher it, the people of this comunity deserve it,

By decompiling it you'd be breaking copyright laws, could be wrong. But anyways, only said that because such talk could be against the forum rules.
    ShoGun 2 Mod Manager

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast