Thread: A few Selucid Issues? Or is it me?

Byzantium's Avatar Semisalis

Default A few Selucid Issues? Or is it me?

Hi all/Darth,

I have a few quick questions about the Selucid campaign i have just started.

Firstly i cannot see via the Tech tree screen how to build the Selucid legionaries,nor are they mentioned anywhere on it? I have checked all buildings such as barracks,temples etc but there is no mention of them.Can you shed any light on this?

Secondly,I have noticed that the Levy Pikemen (240 men 150 upkeep) have a lower upkeep than the Militia Hoplites (172 men 170 upkeep).Ok the Militia's have a higher overall defence rating and they are 100 gold cheaper to build initially but the Levy's still seem better value overall as both garrison and battlefield troops.I'm not complaining by the way as i prefer to have 240 man units as garrison troops.It just seems to render the Militia's a little redundant.I'm just wondering if i'am missing some other advantage to them?

Thanks for any replies and thanks again for your great mod and continuing work on this game.

EDIT: Apologies i should have said i was using DarthMod 6.9 with the ver 7.0 quick patch plus your new standalone formations.
    Last edited by Byzantium; March 08, 2006 at 02:21 AM.

I dunno about the militai vs levi but you cant see the legionaires because they are a post marian unit. So you can only build them post marian
    Living in the Netherland but am a Frisian the noblest of Germans. NOW playing SAI Julian campaign, http://www.unihorn.nl
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent, Isaac Asimov
    F@ck de massa, grijp de Kassa, Bas Hoorn 2009

Byzantium's Avatar Semisalis

Ahhh thanks Ramsesii I completely forgot about that with me not playing as a Roman faction.