Thread: Puzzled by the line of sight and weather effects.

Default Puzzled by the line of sight and weather effects.

Been trying to reduce the distance at which armies spot each other, and I've gone through every bit of the database that I found reasonable to check, only things I found were the values for increased reload times in the battle_entities.

Any help regarding the line of sight values as well as the weather effect values would be much appreciated.

/Vragos

Default Re: Puzzled by the line of sight and weather effects.

This is still evading me. To clarify, the effect I want is for the AI units to be invisible to the player until they get within range. It happens in fog and on legendary difficulty, so the mechanics are in there somewhere.

To enable the AI to surprise you, I would prefer if I couldn't see their units before they were say 3-400 meters away, making scouting and securing flanks more important, in fog even closer ofcourse.

Default Re: Puzzled by the line of sight and weather effects.

This is a brilliant idea and i'm pretty sure napoleon had this. you could sneak round a mountainside below/out of LoS. Far more realistic. is there anyone who knows what table this could be found in so one might play around with it?