Avatar system in SP campaign, Historical Accuracy, Rome Total war 2!
Avatar system in SP campaign, Historical Accuracy, Rome Total war 2!
Support for mods, a much better AI (both campaign and battle), more historical accuracy, less bugs and I almost forgot, where the hell is that uniform editor you guys promised back at NTW?
These are some features I would like to see in the next TW game:
1. More diverse terrain
2. More distance between cities/less movementpoints for armies. I feel like we have less time to anticipate on incoming armies than in previous TW games such as Rome and Medieval 2.
3. Faction unique voices, music and layout.
4. The possibility to resign your faction leader and give control to the faction heir.
5. More advantage in ambushes, spawning closer the the ambushed army in order to directly attack them while they still are in column formation. Otherwise it is just an ordinary battle when facing equal numbers with hardly any atvantage to the ambusher.
6. City battles. I would like to fight in the streets of medieval/roman cities again (or any other culture).
7. Tax level per province. This is something that bothered me ever since ETW.
8. Last but not least: modding tools
For city's (for a certain TWR2 and future TW's) possibly a custom battle map actually based on maps of the city at the time, so each city is unique and accurate, and would be a great experience to have street fighting back!
Japanese castles are full of mazes.
More variety between different clan units.
Less with stupid clips and more with more smart and realistic clips.
Co-op with more than just 2 people.
Game being capable of utilizing more than 2 thread or two core to the maximum.
Last please do give us a full expansion of Shogun 2.
modding at 360°
well what i would like is a brand new total war game not a sequel cuz i liked rtw but dont really want to replay it over but other than that i think you guys can come up with a good idea for a brand new total war game china greece etc lots of ideas
...What’s missing from current Total War games?...
...Pride/Perfectionism/Elitism...Retaining that unassailable exclusive edge that earlier Titles had....
...not this churning out a rehashed warscape title every year...then milking the content with DLC...
...Despite however productive you are, or however many teams you have working, releasing a title and then printing you are already working on a sequel smacks of production line banalism...another year another title....yawn...
....The campaign map bearing full relevance to the battle map...Not the “Japan has mountainous topography excuse”...mountains, hills , streams, ambushes, clifftops, swamps....MEDIEVAL 2 or ROME style....put some straategic thought back into the game..
...Hard Copies...I want a disk, not a license. Even if you print up 10000 serialized copies and we buy them from you...I,Voice of Treason, own copy 9856blah blah blah so I can’t pirate it because of the number, but I can play when I want, in any machine I want, I can scratch it, unpack it, use it as a tea coaster etc etc etc and the Steam monopoly can kiss my ass!
...Full Modability/customization...I think i’ll have start_not_skirmishing with that skin pack and that expanded map....and that battle Ai but i'll edit the unit amounts...Total control = Contentment...play for hours...
...a more mature target audience...blood, humourous, risqué generals speeches...a building browser that is relevant to my strategic options...not dumbed down one click upgrade nonsense...
...STOP SMOTHERING EVERYTHING WITH TOOLTIPS ON THE BATTLEFIELD!!!!!!
...Basically a return to the Medieval 2 engine...with multi-core support...serious,
...apart from graphics, I don’t think Warscape makes for a good total war experience...and i think deep down, with your "rock paper scissors" and "2d paper Japan map" simplicity etc ...You know it too.
For MP, the introduction of a game rule selection mechanism.
Also, automatic map download to support user-made maps in hosted battles at least.
A better support for replays: rewind, allowing to switch off all GUI elements, cinematic editor for camera movement, allow to see both sides' hidden units and move commands...
Tools: MMS 1.3 - PFM 2.4.1 - EditSF 1.0.7
Minor TW Tools: Savegame Autobackup, RandomSeedChanger, Replay Browser, Preference Editor
My mods: Extended Camera - No Handicap on Normal - Add occupation resistance to AI - FotS Defenses Rebalance
If you're artistically inclined, I could do with some icons for my mods and tools....
Hopefully I'll get around to posting vids in my YouTube channel at one time.
One of the biggest things for me would be to bring back the battle map terrain generated from the campaign map.
Also bring back cities for seiges, its so much more fun to fight in the streets etc.
This and more variation in seiges (the ones in S2 are getting pretty dry now). They dont have to be unique but at least they should be based on where they are positioned on the campaign map (ie no sea when inland!)
I've been a lurker on these boards for literally years, and this is the first post that made me want to register. I'm a big fan of CA and their games and supported them for a decade without any complaints (I reserve that for other games ).
Anyway, onto my ideal Total War series additions, and what would me game complete for me:
1) Bigger battles - reinforcement system tied into this. Meaning technical and practical possibility of having campaign battles of 3-4-5-6+ full stacks of units colliding at the same time. Something like in previous total war games with old reinforcement system but better designed
2) Ally system and diplomacy reworked - more diplomacy options, like giving and trading away territories. Ability to give simple instructions to AI allies in a middle of a campaign battle
3) Combined naval and land battles - something that was planned, but didn't come to "life" yet. Would be ideal to have transporter like ships that are carrying invasion armies, and frigate ships that need to protect them. If ships manage to reach land then land battle could start "on the fly" - making players navigating frigates and their invasion force at the same time
4) Better focus on co-op campaign - with ability to play with 3-4 friends and have different/same objectives. Possibility to play battles against AI and not just auto-calculate.
5) Bigger campaign maps and campaign landscape diversity - something similar to Rome:TW and ME2:TW
hopefully this made some sense and someone actually read it hehe. Thanks CA for a great game series!
One thing and one thing only, the ability to put every unit I can get to the battlefield on to the battlefield at the same time, and for my enemy to be able to do exactly the same. I want huge, decisive, era defining battles where my ability to control a vast army against an enemy no less powerful than me is pushed to the limit, and where if I get it wrong I could lose the game then and there. Imagine fighting a Cannae, a Pharsalus, a Guagamela at the end of every war with another faction. Now that's drama, that's tension, and that would make a game.
1) Also, more units on the battlefield. Possibly a "soft" limit; the larger an army is, the bigger logistical problems you face and also the more difficult it is to control, so there is a "practical" size of the army.
2) Possibly differentiate from levees and elite units and also experience levels by the complexity of maneuvers it can pull off. For example, peasants may not be able to do much more than stand still or charge in straight. Any more complex orders can disorganize it. Of course, everything subject to historical accuracy.
3) Decisive Battles! sure, there may be lots of skirmishes, but I want wars to end with a long cat and mouse chase by the opposing armies trying to cut off the others supplies, gaining advantageous ground etc. before a climatic battle where one side has its back broken for years.
Lastly it would nice to really have a 30,000 men or whatever on the battlefield.
Being able to use all campaign units in Custom game.
Its about time.
Modding tools would be top on my list.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)