Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75782979899100101102103104105106107
Results 2,121 to 2,135 of 2135

Thread: Feature requests - what's missing from Total War?

good4eL's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Feature requests - what's missing from Total War?

Hello!

I don't know was it realised already or not. In vanilla S2 game I noticed only commander general of army can gets points of experience after battle.

Can second general (what doesn't commands army) being in army with general gets points of experience after battle as the general what commands army?
    I mean: is it not necessary to divide one army with many generals to some little armies to allow generals get points of experience after battle?

Thx for reply!

What About cutscenes for all agents.
    Cutscenes for every clan, when you start a game, the cutscene shows it's daimyo and your general's. and when you unite japan (complete mission) another one to finish it, showing the currently daimyo.
    More Heros and an option to create, 3 or 5 heros per clan.
    Have playble female agents (like ninjas).
    more option in diplomacy.
    more dialogue from the general on the battlefield.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

What is missing from Total War? A Battle AI that is logical and counters your moves and does not act like a retarded monkey. A campaign AI that develops its regions and has realistic diplomatic relations.
    Oh how about a logistic and supply system? Ever hear of cutting off supply lines in the field. How about siege works-trenches and battle towers aka Alesia.

Hello, this is my first post but I wanted to make a comment about the castles/sieges.

You should add more castles like the ones present in historical battles- smaller, isolated fortress' with LIMITED avenues of approach. Isn't the sign of a strong fortification that a small number of men can hold it against an entire army?

My problem is that the large, open, sprawled out castles are historically inaccurate and very vulnerable due to the fact they can be assailed on all sides.

Secondly, I believe that not all units should be able to scramble right up the walls. Aren't the point of walls to keep attacks out? If at the very least you made it so only NINJA UNITS could climb walls, and regular units could only climb DESTROYED sections of wall it would add a whole new dimension of strategy to sieges.

Gatehouses and artillery would actually play a role in the siege rather than being a mere afterthought as you send your units en masse to climb over the walls as if they were little more than hills.

Those are my thoughts, otherwise excellent game.

If anyone reads this do you know of any mods which solve any of my complaints?

Thanks for reading

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

A free optimization patch for Shogun 2 would be nice, why because in my country its so dam hard to get a high quality Video card. 1 dollar is 55 units. the average income to above the poverty line is 32 units per month. to be middle class around 10000 units. My video card costs 13000 and i still can't play it on anything higher than the lowest level...

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by rijul 2222 View Post
    A free optimization patch for Shogun 2 would be nice, why because in my country its so dam hard to get a high quality Video card. 1 dollar is 55 units. the average income to above the poverty line is 32 units per month. to be middle class around 10000 units. My video card costs 13000 and i still can't play it on anything higher than the lowest level...
    Here in north India it is nearly same. 1 dollar means 50/55 Rupees. But somehow I easily get all kinds of good video cards.
    Last edited by General Maximus; January 19, 2013 at 01:32 PM.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

^ grrr...

2v2 Campaign capabilities!

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Posted this in another thread

Something just came to my mind, that will make the lives of modders much easier.

A WORKING CRASH REPORT!

Not sure why the game doesn't have one (I'm talking S2, NTW and ETW), but in the crash report is just a bunch of useless information, and nothing that tells you why the game crashed.

Most of this has probably been said already, but I would like to see:

* More detailed and realistic family trees and dynastic politics - including different rules of succession for different factions (male premogeniture / king appoints heir / nobles elect successor), personal friendships/grudges between nobles, and split loyalties (e.g. a character is a vassal of more than one king).

This could lead to all sorts of interesting events, like wars of succession if either there is no clear heir according to the rules (e.g. if the heir is supposed to be the eldest legitimate son of the king, but he only has daughters and illegitimate sons), or if the legal heir is manifestly incompetent. Or, if you have an elective monarchy, you could end up with the situation common in the Holy Roman Empire where the nobles tended to deliberately elect the weakest (in game terms, "lowest authority score") noble to be Emperor, to ensure they could keep on doing what they like.

* Related to that, it would good to be able to designate nobles as the ruler of specific provinces, and to recieve various bonuses/penalties accordingly. E.g.
    Royal Province: province belongs to the faction ruler. Faction ruler gets an authority bonus for each province he directly owns.
    Duchy/Earldom/etc: province is belongs to a specific noble (not necessarily the one garisoned there). He takes some of the income for himself (=> % tax penalty), and gains a loyalty bonus.
    Free city: the province belongs to its citizens (or the important ones at least). City keeps more of its income to itself (=> % tax penalty), and gains a bonus to happiness/production/etc.

The bonuses to authority/loyalty should be capped (maybe variable depending on the character's base authority/loyalty), and owning too many cities should result in penalties rather than bonuses (due to the king having too much to keep track of, or the nobles starting to think that if they own that many territories then maybe they should be king in their own right).

* Pre-battle diplomacy: you should be able to negotiate with cities you are besieging, and armies you are about to attack. If your victory is inevitable, you should (sometimes, depending on loyalty/authority/chivalry/dread/etc) be able to persuade your opponent to leave without a fight, or even to defect.

Vioras's Avatar Civis

I want citizens to get a role in the game. Citizens should be a garrison when you attack a certain city.
    But this is not the only new thing, we also need a civilian opinion system, how it works?

Civilians should have a opinion about all the other factions in the game based on prestige, tax levels of the city's of the faction, care for the people for example by building a hospital or buildings where you can organize games for the people.
    But also how you deal with other overcome city's, do you raze them or do you peacefully occupy them, have you send spies which were discovered etc.
    The power the civilian garrison should be determined by the opinion of your faction and the opinion of their own faction (this is the same as revolt risk).

For example a city with a content population and with a hate towards your faction should be a strong garrison with a high morale and will fight you to the last man.
    A city with an unhappy population and with a very good opion towards you should be no garrison at all or will even turn to the side of the attackers and help you with finishing the defending force off.
    This system need to be implemented for the human player and the ai.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Doesn't all this already exist somehow?
    We have citizens joing battle when a city is attacked (at least in NTW).
    And the opinion of the citizens toward a faction can be modelled with religion

okay what im missing in the tw games especialy fall of the samurai and same for the previous games like empire and napoleon is a firing and aiming drills like they did in the century take this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPK5KDCGF7g for example

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    okay what im missing in the tw games especialy fall of the samurai and same for the previous games like empire and napoleon is a firing and aiming drills like they did in the century take this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPK5KDCGF7g for example
    Come on man, what's the need to do such a bad necro?
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Libertus
    Skullcrusher Mountain, New Hampshire, USA, North America

Can you Necro a sticky post?

Anyways, I'd say the ability to train generals up by having them work along side ranking generals would be a great feature missing from the game thus far.