Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 555809596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2135

Thread: Feature requests - what's missing from Total War?

Default Re: Feature requests - what's missing from Total War?

i want to be abl to auto combine my depleted units together on the campaign map .I also want to be able to chose wich factions to follow on the campaign map, it takes way to long to watch every single faction and is especially anoying watching a faction on the other side of the map that i dont care about, also i want to be able to click in drag my units on the battlefield so i control thier path finding, this would make macro a lot easier. Also to be able to organize my unit cards by what type they are like calvery then bows then spear men then infantry.....i would apreciate it if you guys added this stuff, i cant imagine it being that hard

Default War Council

Maybe some kind of war council, where you can make plans with your allies & vassals. Where you can order you ally to focus on a specific province or enemy clan to attack. That would be awesome! So your allies dont randomly goes around & make stupid & random moves.

Khysamgathys III's Avatar Foederatus
    Loaqqasema Feudatory, Kingdom of Tsangbokha.

Three things really

-A game in Mainland East Asia. Though I do know the challenges of making such a given given how huge the place is and how much major factions loved fighting themselves and the odd Steppe-People invasion.
    - Have in-faction royal families/noble houses/political parties that will scheme/support you and the possibility of civil wars. No not the rebel/free peoples factions of old total kind thats usually caused by poor management, but *within* one's faction.

Also, I do not know how the hell you can do this but a "Custom" faction? Like at least can get to customize faction name, colour scheme, faction logo/banner, culture/religion/unit setup (using existing units) names of family members (and christen names to newborn ones) and pick any of the unclaimed rebel/free people territories (at least 1 or three) as your starting territory. Gives a feeling of a personal space in (alternate) history rather than forcing to play any of the existing ones. Perfect for wacko-dictator/megalomaniacal tendencies

That'll be quite the dream come true.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Like above, how about creating your own clan?

Or outside Shogun II, how about creating a whole new kingdom, or specific monarchies and republics for Empire and Napoleon? With customizable banner, colour, government, troops etc.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Civis

Limit the number of troops that can be in a stack without a general to minimum and the set general stacks limits according to level/rank. Also limit number of possible garrisoned troops by town level. Add back in the AI army feature, but allow hot tabbing between them for direct control of each though the AI takes over again as soon as you tab to next though it completes originally ordered task first. Add in a patrol mode that though the unit stand motionless its radius of control doubles or even triples while in this patrol mode and allow the patrol mode to have a chance of revealing stealth units every time they pass which increases with ninja type unit. Change the general and familial leader characters level possibilities making a general max at level 8 and a familial leader max at say 13 with the leader maxing at 15. Take away the food requirements and reassign it as say a bonus or penalty to happiness and growth depending upon the way the level matches the town level and population. I love the S2 options for developing your own town the way you want it through choice, but it should also allow downgrading a building to choose another path. Rather than just allow specialty unit heroes to be recruited, also allow a relative to the faction leader option of specializing as a single hero in place of or as an additional hero unit of a particular specialty such as Ninja, Priest, etc... In fact he could always perform double duty as general and agent. OR maybe get rid of recruitable agents and attach them as retinue once a building or technology has enabled this unit and to use it you simply select your general unit and order to action where during this turn if your general makes an action it is without the benefit of this units presence and the unit assigned a task is back with his general the next turn. Obviously this would have to have a radial limit.

EDIT: Generals that get promoted in the field should be whatever unit is promoted rather than defaulting to a new unit with cavalry leaving the original unit intact as well; which should also go for Empire that whatever unit you promote stays the same unit but becomes general.
    Last edited by HawkDreams; August 13, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
    If seeking instant gratification without thought to repercussions, take a shotgun to it!

Quote Originally Posted by HawkDreams View Post

EDIT: Generals that get promoted in the field should be whatever unit is promoted rather than defaulting to a new unit with cavalry leaving the original unit intact as well; which should also go for Empire that whatever unit you promote stays the same unit but becomes general.
    Rather than stay of the same unit type, I'd still like them to become a Cavalry unit, but possess skill/abilities relevant to whatever unit type they were part of. This could also encompass the experience of the prior unit.

Also, when you get the event asking to promote a general in the field, it would be nice if they already came with a level, something to reflect them already having experience.

Civis

My reasons for not changing unit type and not adding additional units for the general... In Shogun, not being able to hire generals has stopped some of the issue, but I could not tell you the number of unwinable battles I have won with say four real units and promoting as many generals as needed to fill the stack and then using auto battle to win a battle that could not be won fighting it directly. Maybe an alternative could be to limit the number of gernerals promoted within a region to one per turn. As far as promotable soldiers in the field becoming general, allow them to keep all but one chevron of experience, can make then cavalry, but suntract the number of units from existing cavalry units through taking three soldiers away for each two soldiers added to the general for balance purposes in order to create a real sense of the turmoil(?) of reorganizing. Combining stacks should also come with a manpower loss of a small percentage with experience being averaged between the two. Reinforcing units that have been damaged should also come with a loss of experience comiserate with loss of experience through the additional adding of raw troops. Another option is promoted in the field generals could also be allowed the choice of serving as general or as agent and should be free as it was earned rather than having the expense of deliberate training.
    If seeking instant gratification without thought to repercussions, take a shotgun to it!

Quote Originally Posted by HawkDreams View Post
    Maybe an alternative could be to limit the number of gernerals promoted within a region to one per turn.
    Or not allowing a general to be recruitable is there is already a general present in the stack. Or limiting the number of generals per stack to 1.

Α middle-late 19th century era TW with a global map (or like ETW's map) , and later maybe an American Civil war DLC . Rifles, ironclads ,colonialization, breech-loading cannons ,huge armies with high killing rate (high accuracy and reloading)

Quote Originally Posted by Count von Orlok View Post
    Α middle-late 19th century era TW with a global map (or like ETW's map) , and later maybe an American Civil war DLC . Rifles, ironclads ,colonialization, breech-loading cannons ,huge armies with high killing rate (high accuracy and reloading)
    Fall of the Samurai? The only thing is, it is based on Japan, and only Japan.

Victoria/Victorian: Total War?

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Fall of the Samurai? The only thing is, it is based on Japan, and only Japan.
    That's the problem, it's only Japan. Imagine that era-technology etc in Europe-colonies

Imagine if we had to fiddle around with an actual chain of command, which might not be valid for a Shogun campaign.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

That's the problem, it's only Japan. Imagine that era-technology etc in Europe-colonies
    I wonder, how many days are left when we have a Franco-Prussian War at our hands. I would love to play it.

Customize the battle cry; I rather like hearing "Tigers, Tigers, Tigers," though the aesthetic doesn't compensate for their dismal performance, I'm finding.

Icon6 Re: Feature requests - what's missing from Total War?

The infamous answering calls of Rome: Total War.

The shudder you get and the feeling of power when you hear "Triari!".

Give the soldiers life. Give them strength that we feel in their numbers.

As forRome II. Let him be the true heirRome I would be proud of!

Regards

Well, I tend to find the colours that are used pretty annoying. It's not as much the fact everyone wears the same colour, but the fact that some colours looks just rediculous. I mean, c'mon, the Ito in Shogun 2 where purple, that's just silly. I also saw some light-blue and other colours that just look stupid. If you would use the same colour for a specific faction, but keep those colours a bit realistic and natural, it would look so much better.

At the moment I feel like agents are fine, at this point they are usefull on the campaign map and can influence the turn of battles if used right (demoralising, assasinating general or agents in a stack, etc.). You should keep agents this usefull in Rome 2.

Maybe a bit more unit diversity? Shogun 2 had very few units in the standard game, and most of them used only different models, the animations seemded to be the same in many cases.

Decent looking horses, I already like the fact that Shogun 2 had different coloured horses withing a single units, but the models are just weird, a bit more work and they look fantastic.

Bigger unit sizes, although I'm concerned about the lag we get when zooming in on a melee fight, I hope you get that solved for Rome 2. Maybe multi-core support can solve this a bit?

I also liked the generals abilities in Shogun 2, they had more than just the rally ability and unlocking others through as skill tree was a delight to me, you should keep the skill trees.

Naval battles, well, if I see the screenshots there will be very big navies, I like that, but you should try to make sure the battles aren't too chaotic.

Well, that's about it, I hope you'll consider these things.

Sun Jetzu's Avatar Vicarius

Idk if it's been said but maybe a feature for specific units, situations or retainers that give a unit or units unbreakable moral. Not only that but also make their stats stronger and let them fight to the death. Like in sun tzu's art of war if u put an army where there is no retreat than they will be transformed and fight as fearless fighters to save their lives. It would awsome to implement this. A retainer for a general or even specific elite units. I rather enjoy the thought of just giving it to units who are in a position that they cannot retreat from. This would make dynamic gameplay, and give more humanity to these pixel people we use to fight one another. If you put then on death ground, maybe with the beach to their backs or mountain, then they fight because they have to survive, for them and there buddys, i always though a broken unit that runs toward the enemy to escape seemed like suicidal ai

Need a firing platform for my Gatling during sieges, and the Wooden Cannon cries for mobility during land battles.

A warship armed with wooden cannons would be interesting.