Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The EBII Recruitment thread

Default Re: The EBII Recruitment thread

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    good question! the internet frankly... I know it isn't much... yes you are probably right! you guys search for texts in dozens of books... and document your writing I simply search historical web pages and try to get to a conclusion... thank you for reminding me you are trying to recreate history too not only creating a "simulation of war"!

Edit: well I also read some online books but only scraps that interest me, to get to a more documented conclusion... but I don't keep them recorded...
    Not having access to an university library isn't necessarily a game breaker.

also if you have in EB 2 Epeirus i can help you because o know a lot of thing about Epeirus and if you want to make the settlement of Ambrakia(nowdays is called Arta) as it was then i can help you(i live in arta and here has been made excavations and i know exactly where buldings like temples theatres agora walls even graveyards are also i can help you and with other ancient towns that was in Epeirus incuding Nikopoli(but it was builded later in 30BC).And i have a question you can import in the game greek letter or the game engine doesn't recognise them ?

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank you however at the moment we're mostly looking modelers, skinners, ui artists and scripters.

Abdalqaum's Avatar Laetus

Hello EB2 Team!

I already posted a small essay here about an idea I have for the mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=535272

Since we germans have a fetish for using the official way, I'm now formally offering my help.
    Again short indroduction: I'm studying linguistics and arabic studies (after reaching my bachelor-degree this year I will move to semitic studies) and I've got knowledge of several semitic languages.
    So what I can offer you is help with the languages of the arabian factions. As seen in the thread linked some lines above, I'm a supporter of reconstructing the vowels of those documented consonant-skeletons that make up the words of ancient north and south arabian.
    I could also do voice acting since I am a phonetics-fanatic and I have a well-trained pronunciation of arabic and could easily transfer that ability to the local pecularities of other ancient semitic languages needed for EB2.

So, what do you think?

are you still looking for some ui artist? I think i could do this, i very skilled with gimp and other programms. I would be glad to help!

jmrc's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by el-commandate View Post
    are you still looking for some ui artist? I think i could do this, i very skilled with gimp and other programms. I would be glad to help!
    Yes, we're looking for artists who can help us with the UI: building icons for all cultural groups, banners for the campaign map settlements, etc.
    You can PM me some samples of your work, or post them here if you prefer.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Is there any room for monkey work? I have a few months of spare time with finals over, would be interested in helping out. I've mostly just modded my own version of empire, adding things like units from various different mods and customizing stats, that sort of thing. I've only done basic modding to stainless steel for MTW2, but I'm familiar with the process of how things are done for the most part besides modeling and textures.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jmrc View Post
    Yes, we're looking for artists who can help us with the UI: building icons for all cultural groups, banners for the campaign map settlements, etc.
    Keep this in mind once you got the graphics for it: Creating a World - Editable Settlement Faction Symbols

I still have some research material on the Sarmatian language that I did for the (moribund) Hegemony mod for Mount and Blade. Most of the names I reconstructed are individual troops rather than formations, but would this be of any help?
    Resident Language Geek
    Baseless Assertions on the Celts Since 1996

Lapin's Avatar Laetus

I would like to help!

I got decent gimp-skills and i study history and archeology (in germany).
    Tell me what kind of stuff you need at the moment and i'll show you an example of what i'm able to do, as a kind of... job-application?

Lapin's Avatar Laetus

(Sorry for the double-post but i cant find an edit button)

I made two versions of a faction symbol for a celtiberian faction (since this seems to be one of the potential new factions and theres no preview of them yet) as an example of my work. Do you want me to post them here or do you prefer a PM?

Lapin's Avatar Laetus

(still unable to find the edit button)

I`m just going to post the icons.
    I sticked as closely as possibly to the general style of the other factionsymbols from EBII.
    I thougt orange would be a nice color, but its just a random pick.

Lapin's Avatar Laetus

and also some buttons

(it seems in unable to edit my posts, so i think double posting is okay?!)

jmrc's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lapin View Post
    (Sorry for the double-post but i cant find an edit button)

I made two versions of a faction symbol for a celtiberian faction (since this seems to be one of the potential new factions and theres no preview of them yet) as an example of my work. Do you want me to post them here or do you prefer a PM?
    They look great!
    I've just sent you a PM with instructions to apply.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Ave EB2 Team!

I've been doing some submod work for unit pricing/economy for EBI (I'll post that submod after I've thoroughly playtested it).

I'd like to offer to help with the EBII development. I teach in a game development undergrad degree in Belgium that focuses on both game coding and developing game art. I could see if what is still needed for EBII can be turned into a student assignment. That way the students get to make content for a real game which looks good on their portfolio, and EB gets (hopefully) useful content out of it.

You can check us out at http://www.digitalartsandentertainment.be/#/en/News/
    The Showcase 2009 (top of the page) is probably the best demo for EB related content.

Woha there's some wery high quality stuff in that portfolio. Ma how seh!

JMRC will contact you soon. That I'm sure off!

Excellent =)

I replied over PM but the forum is telling me I have 0 sent items. I don't know if my reply was sent. =/

Normally it should save it in your sent box if you replied...
    Best to do it again.