Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: The EBII Recruitment thread

Default Re: The EBII Recruitment thread

i would like to apply. I am really amateur in modeling and i have some knowledge of doing 2D but i hope that i will improve in future.I also have some history knowledge

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

No time to come back on the team, working a lot. BUT I have now had the opportunity to play EB2, lots of CTDs is a bit annoying, but whoever made the AI (I forgot), did the best job I have seen. It is impressive, even more so than the various TATW derivates.

Diplomacy AI still suck (PWNed realms not willing to negotiate peace), but the strat and battlefield AI are really damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    No time to come back on the team, working a lot. BUT I have now had the opportunity to play EB2, lots of CTDs is a bit annoying, but whoever made the AI (I forgot), did the best job I have seen. It is impressive, even more so than the various TATW derivates.

Diplomacy AI still suck (PWNed realms not willing to negotiate peace), but the strat and battlefield AI are really damn good.
    Hey Mac, since you're from the region, maybe you could check out the (short) geography section I've written for the province description of Ingwingoz (the province containing Jutland etc.), see if there are factual errors or glaring omissions. It's on the Org, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post

See: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...her-large-mods

Also, that's the guy who did the AI work, z3n.

The sinews upon which EBII runs are the people who give up their time to contribute directly to the mod in various ways. We need fairly regular transfusions of fresh blood to maintain the momentum and stop too much of the work falling on a few members of the team. We need new talent in four areas:

2D skinning - we have more modellers than skinners in the team, if you have talents with PhotoShop, GIMP, Blender or anything else that works with 3D modelling, we'd like to hear from you.

Trait scripters - there is a huge amount of work still to do in the EDCT. All you need to be able to do is use Notepad++ and be rigorous in your work, with a desire to learn how to do traits. Everything else you can learn as you go, that's how most people get into the coding side of things anyway.

Community Manager - we need someone to take on the job of managing our public-facing presence. That means the Facebook and Twitter feeds, but also moddb, TWC and The Org's respective fora. You'd be responding to people's queries and reporting back feedback and bugs people have to the team. You'd potentially take over doing things like this - making announcements.

Playtesters - we've used up most of our current crop of playtesters - invariably if they stick around they take an interest in a particular area of modding and join the team doing that. It's our feeder for people in the non-historical, non-artistic area. We have both campaign- and battle-testing that needs willing people to spend time on the development build. A subset of this grouping are proofreaders.

Process is the same for any of these roles if you're interested: first notify us of your interest either in this thread or via PM. If you have any relevant work to share, examples of doing any of the above, that's even better. Someone will get in touch and get you into the Campus Martius, which is a sort of probationary area of our internal forum.
    It began on seven hills - a historical house-ruled Romani AAR
    Heirs to Lysimachos - a semi-historical Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR
    Philetairos' Gift - a second attempt at an Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13