Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GallusMod- Oda Tokugawa Alliance V2.0: an elegant solution for Oda survival [1640 & monthly turn versions fix]

Icon3 GallusMod- Oda Tokugawa Alliance V2.0: an elegant solution for Oda survival [1640 & monthly turn versions fix]

UPDATE Version 2.0:
    Ok I redid everything from scratch. I'm much better at this now than I was when I made the first one.
    The bug where Tokugawa is unable to declare war is fixed, also fixed is another bug where Oda and Tokugawa aren't actually trading even though their diplomacy says so.
    Tokugawa should no longer turtle after it wipes out Imagawa(I kind of liked it that way, but better do it through CAI than a bug), and should be expected to play a larger role in the campaign.

This mod is simply making Tokugawa Oda's vassal instead of Imagawa. It works flawlessly and doe not come with any other changes.

(old post)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This mod is simply making Tokugawa Oda's vassal instead of Imagawa. It works flawlessly and doe not come with any other changes.

Why does one need this? Because giving Oda starting troops is an inelegant kludge where Oda surviving just means Tokugawa being wiped out.

If anyone complains about how the Oda and Tokugawa weren't allies historically until 1561, realize you are talking about a game that puts Date in Iwate, calls Matsudaira Tokugawa, and pulled a Hattori clan out of its ass.
    Also, more practically, if Oda is only given troops to survive it will expand eastward taking Tokugawa and Imagawa's territory(never historically owned by Oda) instead of expanding toward Kyoto like they're supposed to.

Quick test with vanilla Shimazu on VH:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This mod does conflict with any other startpos mods. I don't use any myself, so I don't know whether there are any out there...

-Here's a version with the diplomacy pasted into 1640 extended campaign mod by spartan_warrior in case anyone would like both mods: Attachment 166143

--(tested working) Version with Monthly Turn(by Langtuthesky) w/Ikko Ikki support(by Booke) + 1640 extended campaign : Attachment 166627

Download "Gallusmod-OdaTokugawaV2.0.rar" for the latest version.
    (Remember to delete the previous version from your data folder)

-Download OdaTokugawaV2.0+1640ec for this mod combined with 1640 extended campaign mod by spartan_warrior-
    -Download OdaTokugawaV2.0+monthlyturn+1640ec for this mod combined with monthly turns mod by langtutheky (updated version by Booke) (also I fixed the problem with Mori not getting the 1640 extension)-

(I made a small screwup while porting the diplomacy into the 1640 ec and monthly turn versions which left a bug unfixed.
    The normal V2.0 is still perfectly OK. Just download the fixed version for extended campaign and monthly turn.)
    Last edited by Gallus Domesticus; July 09, 2011 at 03:57 AM. Reason: V2.0 Update

Default Re: Oda Tokugawa Alliance: an elegant solution for Oda survival

I kind of like this, really. It's actually a solution for either clan; in a game where you aren't playing Oda or Tokugawa, one or the other dies on turn 2. I'd prefer both great clans survive and Saito/Imagawa is lost in their place.

I wonder if its possible to make the Oda lord Nobunaga by default, since I usually just sacrifice him in battle anyway. Or Oda Gozen.
    Last edited by Charsi; June 01, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

This is a great idea was just thinking about this not that long agio why not make historicla clans who were allied, actualy allied the vassalage of the tokugawa to the imagawa only lasted until oda nobunaga was rasied to oda clan leader. I aint sure if this is historical but he freed leyasu form his place as a hostage to the imagawa who he eventually betrayed and they had a very close relationship as depicted in all forms of media i see and read.
    Last edited by goblinking; June 01, 2011 at 01:32 PM.

Been waiting for this. Love it. Will use it in my next campaign.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Nice will try this one out +rep mate!
    Edit,been trying it out and it works great!
    Last edited by Mr Kami; June 01, 2011 at 03:21 PM.

Just gave this a try but It still start like vanilla version, Tokugawa vassal to Imagawa. Do I have to play other faction not Oda & Tokugawa for this to take effect?

You probably have to edit your modscript like any other mod after you throw it into the data folder. Or you have another mod that does something to startpos?
    The mod changes initial diplomacy for all three clans, so no reason it shouldn't work.

I finally got it to work. But I had to delete MOD_monthly turn_and_extended years v1.0. Both aren't compatible. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Solman88 View Post
    I finally got it to work. But I had to delete MOD_monthly turn_and_extended years v1.0. Both aren't compatible. Shame.
    Both edit startpos.esf, and there can only be one instance of that file loaded. Any mod that changes it will overwrite other mods that also change it. You'll need to merge them manually in this case, or wait for someone else to do it and share the result with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranker View Post
    Both edit startpos.esf, and there can only be one instance of that file loaded. Any mod that changes it will overwrite other mods that also change it. You'll need to merge them manually in this case, or wait for someone else to do it and share the result with everyone.
    Thanks. I think I will just stick to editing my saved games for now.

Yeah, I once played Tokugawa, made peace with Oda on turn one(requires most of your gold :p), allied later, and they survived to become the new shogunate with 24 provinces xD.

This should be an interesting mod to see if a Tokugawa/Oda NPC alliance can repeat that feat.
    Last edited by Unahim; June 02, 2011 at 08:22 AM.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Been trying all day to include the extended campaign victory conditions to this mod for personal use but when i save it crashes for whatever reason.
    Yea i suck at editing startpos

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kami View Post
    Been trying all day to include the extended campaign victory conditions to this mod for personal use but when i save it crashes for whatever reason.
    Yea i suck at editing startpos
    Does it crash when you are making the pack file? Or when you start campaign in game?
    If it's while making pack file, you have to place an existing working pack file inside the folder that the "campaigns" folder is in(the folder you exported into). Make the PFM relative to that folder, load the existing pack file, then add the startpos(I delete whatever is already in the file and then add...).
    Also make sure you are using PFM 1.6.6 Hotfix version and ESF Editor 1.4.6 instead of 1.4.8(which guarantees in-game crash).

...assuming you didn't mess up elsewhere
    Rather I do not finish than to finish something imperfect.

GallusMods:
    -Import Matchlocks From Trade Nodes: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=462376
    -Faction Units Recruitable At Castles: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=463489
    -Oda-Tokugawa Alliance:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=456383
    -trying out UAI mod for goodies. GallusMod Proper coming up!

@Mr Kami Ive been trying as well but i fail too lmao Id appreciate it if somebody made them compatible or smth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lius View Post
    @Mr Kami Ive been trying as well but i fail too lmao Id appreciate it if somebody made them compatible or smth.
    I helped Mr Kami with this yesterday, looks like you could use it too. So here you go:Attachment 166143

It's the diplomacy from my startpos pasted into the 1640 extended campaign mod.
    If you want to port this to other startpos mods just copy the diplomacy manager from Oda Tokugawa and Imagawa faction array folders in my startpos ino the mods. It's the safest way.
    The rest just do as I said in the other post about this and it should work.

GallusMods:
    -Import Matchlocks From Trade Nodes: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=462376
    -Faction Units Recruitable At Castles: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=463489
    -Oda-Tokugawa Alliance:

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Oda Tokugawa Alliance: an elegant solution for Oda survival + 1640 extended campaign version

Gallus, that's an excellent mod. I will use it in my S2R+ mod, full credits will be given to you
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

malidros's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Oda Tokugawa Alliance: an elegant solution for Oda survival + 1640 extended campaign version

Interesting idea, now that the 1640 Extended campaign is included , I'm able to slowly work guerrilla warfare tactics.

Will this be compatable with the monthly turn mod as well? And thanks for making the extended campaign version much appreciated!

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

This mob not work. Oda and Tokugawa are still in war, when I tested Oda campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Noif View Post
    This mob not work. Oda and Tokugawa are still in war, when I tested Oda campaign.
    Are you using any other mods right now? It will conflict with else using startpos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lius View Post
    Will this be compatable with the monthly turn mod as well? And thanks for making the extended campaign version much appreciated!
    I guess I will make a monthy turn version. It should be much easier to do than the extended campaign one.
    Last edited by Gallus Domesticus; June 04, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

GallusMods:
    -Oda-Tokugawa Alliance:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast