Thread: GallusMod- Oda Tokugawa Alliance V2.0: an elegant solution for Oda survival [1640 & monthly turn versions fix]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon3 GallusMod- Oda Tokugawa Alliance V2.0: an elegant solution for Oda survival [1640 & monthly turn versions fix]

UPDATE Version 2.0:
    Ok I redid everything from scratch. I'm much better at this now than I was when I made the first one.
    The bug where Tokugawa is unable to declare war is fixed, also fixed is another bug where Oda and Tokugawa aren't actually trading even though their diplomacy says so.
    Tokugawa should no longer turtle after it wipes out Imagawa(I kind of liked it that way, but better do it through CAI than a bug), and should be expected to play a larger role in the campaign.

This mod is simply making Tokugawa Oda's vassal instead of Imagawa. It works flawlessly and doe not come with any other changes.

(old post)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This mod is simply making Tokugawa Oda's vassal instead of Imagawa. It works flawlessly and doe not come with any other changes.

Why does one need this? Because giving Oda starting troops is an inelegant kludge where Oda surviving just means Tokugawa being wiped out.

If anyone complains about how the Oda and Tokugawa weren't allies historically until 1561, realize you are talking about a game that puts Date in Iwate, calls Matsudaira Tokugawa, and pulled a Hattori clan out of its ass.
    Also, more practically, if Oda is only given troops to survive it will expand eastward taking Tokugawa and Imagawa's territory(never historically owned by Oda) instead of expanding toward Kyoto like they're supposed to.

Quick test with vanilla Shimazu on VH:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This mod does conflict with any other startpos mods. I don't use any myself, so I don't know whether there are any out there...

-Here's a version with the diplomacy pasted into 1640 extended campaign mod by spartan_warrior in case anyone would like both mods: Attachment 166143

--(tested working) Version with Monthly Turn(by Langtuthesky) w/Ikko Ikki support(by Booke) + 1640 extended campaign : Attachment 166627

Download "Gallusmod-OdaTokugawaV2.0.rar" for the latest version.
    (Remember to delete the previous version from your data folder)

-Download OdaTokugawaV2.0+1640ec for this mod combined with 1640 extended campaign mod by spartan_warrior-
    -Download OdaTokugawaV2.0+monthlyturn+1640ec for this mod combined with monthly turns mod by langtutheky (updated version by Booke) (also I fixed the problem with Mori not getting the 1640 extension)-

(I made a small screwup while porting the diplomacy into the 1640 ec and monthly turn versions which left a bug unfixed.
    The normal V2.0 is still perfectly OK. Just download the fixed version for extended campaign and monthly turn.)
    Last edited by Gallus Domesticus; July 09, 2011 at 03:57 AM. Reason: V2.0 Update