Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 4.6 Bugs, problems, questions thread

Default Re: 4.6 Bugs, problems, questions thread

Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    Ok the reason I know people are playing TGW mod with soldiers in WW1 uniforms is because of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZAqwT1vUCY&a ForceRecrawl: 0
    Anyways I have 4.5 and I can still play the Napoleon Total War Campaigns I'm on but I thought when you downloaded TGW it's not supposed to let you play the original campaigns, yet I can. But when I try to play TGW campains and battles it doesn't looks as cool as what's in these videos and I don't get the option of choosing America as an army or anything. Can somebody tell me how I can install an actual skin for NTW that has the WW1 skins and models? Or even how to get 4.6 to work and not give me faulty menus... I'm really trying to figure this out.

I've answered your questions so many times. The uniforms you saw were in 4.6. 5.0 hasn't been released yet.
    America isn't available in the Campaign; only in custom battles.
    You're not going to get access to WW1 units in NTW campaigns. Only in the TGW campaign. I thought that was rather obvious?
    There aren't any "skins" that you can download; its all in 4.5
    Please, read the "download and Information thread" for further information.

Did you follow ANY of the instructions I provided? At all?
    That is the flaw in your theory, gentlemen and I will not help you out of it. If you choose to deal with men by means of compulsion, do so. But you will discover that you need the voluntary co-operation of your victims, in many more ways than you can see at present. And your victims should discover that it is their own volition - which you cannot force - that makes you possible. I choose to be consistent and I will obey you in the manner you demand. Whatever you wish me to do, I will do it at the point of a gun. If you sentence me to jail, you will have to send armed men to carry me there - I will not volunteer to move. If you fine me, you will have to seize my property to collect the fine - I will not volunteer to pay it. If you believe that you have the right to force me - use your guns openly. I will not help you to disguise the nature of your action. -Hank Rearden

Default Re: 4.6 Bugs, problems, questions thread Figured it out!!

I finally got 4.6 running because I was given the wrong unicode to run 4.5. I was told to add the last type with " but I needed to use ";" and all of a sudden 4.5 and the 4.6 installer worked thx for all the help guys!

Default Re: 4.6 Bugs, problems, questions thread Figured it out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    I finally got 4.6 running because I was given the wrong unicode to run 4.5. I was told to add the last type with " but I needed to use ";" and all of a sudden 4.5 and the 4.6 installer worked thx for all the help guys!
    We're glad you got it running I recommend using the maps "No Mans Land" and "Alcone" for WW1 scenarios in Custom Battle
    That is the flaw in your theory, gentlemen and I will not help you out of it. If you choose to deal with men by means of compulsion, do so. But you will discover that you need the voluntary co-operation of your victims, in many more ways than you can see at present. And your victims should discover that it is their own volition - which you cannot force - that makes you possible. I choose to be consistent and I will obey you in the manner you demand. Whatever you wish me to do, I will do it at the point of a gun. If you sentence me to jail, you will have to send armed men to carry me there - I will not volunteer to move. If you fine me, you will have to seize my property to collect the fine - I will not volunteer to pay it. If you believe that you have the right to force me - use your guns openly. I will not help you to disguise the nature of your action. -Hank Rearden

self-bumped

King Agamemnon of Mycenae's Avatar Tiro

Perhaps I am not reading correctly, but the first page doesn't really seem to tell me where to put the files manually, or maybe I missed something
    As I said in the other thread, my installer is not working and I believe it is because I installed steam into a different folder.

If you can either show me the relevant post or further explain this to me that would be greatly appreciated,
    King Agamemnon of Mycenae:thumbup2

Quote Originally Posted by King Agamemnon of Mycenae View Post
    Perhaps I am not reading correctly, but the first page doesn't really seem to tell me where to put the files manually, or maybe I missed something
    As I said in the other thread, my installer is not working and I believe it is because I installed steam into a different folder.

If you can either show me the relevant post or further explain this to me that would be greatly appreciated,
    King Agamemnon of Mycenae:thumbup2
    Step 1: open TGW folder
    Step 2: copy all .pack files from TGW folder to NTW Data folder
    Step 3: copy 4.6 to Data folder
    Step 4: copy all "startpos" files from TGW folder into NTW Data/campaigns folder
    Step 5: enable through User.Script or ModManager

TGW Folder = where you put TGW after you downloaded it off the internet

NTW Data folder = Steam\SteamApps\Common\Napoleon total war\Data

the end

King Agamemnon of Mycenae's Avatar Tiro

ok, I did what you said to do up until step 5.
    What exactly do you mean by this? I primarily use rtw or mtw mods that do not require these steps

Sorry for my lack of understanding,
    King Agamemnon of Mycenae

Quote Originally Posted by King Agamemnon of Mycenae View Post
    ok, I did what you said to do up until step 5.
    What exactly do you mean by this? I primarily use rtw or mtw mods that do not require these steps

Sorry for my lack of understanding,
    King Agamemnon of Mycenae
    I, personally, just downloaded the Modmanager for NTW. I believe its on the main page for the NTW forum, but I'm not sure.

I've reinstalled the mod after a break, and I've encountered the old bug that only allows you to play as the Coalition factions. How do you regain access to all nations?

EDIT: Fixed. The download I had was corrupted and didn't have the startpos files. A new download of 4.6 fixed this.
    Last edited by Handgun_Hero; December 08, 2011 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handgun_Hero View Post
    I've reinstalled the mod after a break, and I've encountered the old bug that only allows you to play as the Coalition factions. How do you regain access to all nations?

EDIT: Fixed. The download I had was corrupted and didn't have the startpos files. A new download of 4.6 fixed this.
    Glad to hear

my game crashed while running the 4.7 3rd party update, it just crashed while in campaign after ending go.

and it always does it on spains go

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Their is no 3rd party update. and their is no 4.7 version of TGW.

i jedi uploaded one to fix the countries government type

Blog Entries

I haven't heard from it and i doubt that TGW-team supports that.

Quote Originally Posted by Madine View Post
    my game crashed while running the 4.7 3rd party update, it just crashed while in campaign after ending go.
    Uninstall it and start a new game. It might be just the 4.7 update, but its best to isolate the problem. If it still crashes, try the Hotfix in the OP. If not, PM I_Jedi for help because I haven't used the 4.7 starpos yet

vozd's Avatar Vicarius

I have problem with manual instalation of 4.5!

Can someone please tell me where to put user.script file?

can't find NTW appdata folder like readmefile say!

Quote Originally Posted by vozd View Post
    I have problem with manual instalation of 4.5!

Can someone please tell me where to put user.script file?

can't find NTW appdata folder like readmefile say!
    You need to put in the folder path with your username, because the folder is hidden by default.

For vista: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    You need to put in the folder path with your username, because the folder is hidden by default.

For vista: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts
    same for W7

Hello, I was recently playing as Austria-Hungary on a H/VH campaign. I noticed that the early game AI was incredibly weak. So weak, in fact, that by late August 1914, I already controlled an empire stretching all the way from toulouse to Kiev with probably atleast 100,000 troops on medium size unit levels.

So lets jump to the point, in 5.0 will the AI be at all any better or able to utilize thier economies and recruiting centers better, or are you guys not focusing on this aspect of the game?

If anybody is wondering I won all this land by conscripting as many soldiers as possible in every single city I owned.

If so, please refer me to a thread that could possibly answer my question, or post a comment to me if you can...

again team, your the best!