Thread: crash

Foederatus

Default crash

Hi whenever i try to play a campaign, the game crashes on the 5th or 6th turn. But this isn't like the other crashes, it specificly crashes whenever it's italy's turn . This happened while playing as: Belgium, Sweden, German Empire, but it never happened when i was playing as The Ottoman Empire or switzerland.I'm currently playing as Romania. Thank You in advance.

i would post this in the technical help and bugs thread but no one has posted in a while.

Foederatus

Default Re: crash

isn't anyone here ? HELLOO!

Strange, I often have the same sort of nation's - turn - specific crash - usually later on.
    - =

Is there something wrong with your network?

Foederatus

Uh no

Do you have any other mods installed? What steps have you taken to correct the problem? (re-install, new campaign, ect.) Have you tried the Hotfix for 4.6 and the 4.61 patch?
    That is the flaw in your theory, gentlemen and I will not help you out of it. If you choose to deal with men by means of compulsion, do so. But you will discover that you need the voluntary co-operation of your victims, in many more ways than you can see at present. And your victims should discover that it is their own volition - which you cannot force - that makes you possible. I choose to be consistent and I will obey you in the manner you demand. Whatever you wish me to do, I will do it at the point of a gun. If you sentence me to jail, you will have to send armed men to carry me there - I will not volunteer to move. If you fine me, you will have to seize my property to collect the fine - I will not volunteer to pay it. If you believe that you have the right to force me - use your guns openly. I will not help you to disguise the nature of your action. -Hank Rearden

Foederatus

yay an official response !

yes i have both the hotfix and the 4.6.1 patch i only have the 4.8 startpos which is third party i have re-installed the game several times but with no avail the only thing that seems to work is re starting the campaign but it's 1916!!! i can't restart now. There must be another way

Unfortunately, that seems to be the only other option Try playing another nation up to the same turn and see if the same thing happens again.

Congratulations, by the way. I've only gotten to mid-1915 before dominating the majority of Europe and declaring myself Kaiser of Europe, and therefore bored. To keep things from getting too stagnant, I've started to withdraw my troops from the cities and purposely inciting rebellions.
    That is the flaw in your theory, gentlemen and I will not help you out of it. If you choose to deal with men by means of compulsion, do so. But you will discover that you need the voluntary co-operation of your victims, in many more ways than you can see at present. And your victims should discover that it is their own volition - which you cannot force - that makes you possible. I choose to be consistent and I will obey you in the manner you demand. Whatever you wish me to do, I will do it at the point of a gun. If you sentence me to jail, you will have to send armed men to carry me there - I will not volunteer to move. If you fine me, you will have to seize my property to collect the fine - I will not volunteer to pay it. If you believe that you have the right to force me - use your guns openly. I will not help you to disguise the nature of your action. -Hank Rearden

Foederatus

Thank you. Also yeah its way more fun that way

Now for some reason whenever I try to start a battle it ALWAYS crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Whukid View Post
    Do you have any other mods installed? What steps have you taken to correct the problem? (re-install, new campaign, ect.) Have you tried the Hotfix for 4.6 and the 4.61 patch?

Semisalis

It's the 4.8 startpos that crashes it.

I removed the ww2 mod and it works fine now.