Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 4.6 Bugs, problems, questions thread

Default Re: 4.6 Bugs, problems, questions thread

Wow I guess you learn something new everyday
    That is the flaw in your theory, gentlemen and I will not help you out of it. If you choose to deal with men by means of compulsion, do so. But you will discover that you need the voluntary co-operation of your victims, in many more ways than you can see at present. And your victims should discover that it is their own volition - which you cannot force - that makes you possible. I choose to be consistent and I will obey you in the manner you demand. Whatever you wish me to do, I will do it at the point of a gun. If you sentence me to jail, you will have to send armed men to carry me there - I will not volunteer to move. If you fine me, you will have to seize my property to collect the fine - I will not volunteer to pay it. If you believe that you have the right to force me - use your guns openly. I will not help you to disguise the nature of your action. -Hank Rearden

Please help! I cant find the NTW appdata folder to put in the scripts, this might have to do with the fact that i bought it from steam, all help is greatly appreciated!

My Computer => properties => box that says "Show Hidden Folders"
    That is the flaw in your theory, gentlemen and I will not help you out of it. If you choose to deal with men by means of compulsion, do so. But you will discover that you need the voluntary co-operation of your victims, in many more ways than you can see at present. And your victims should discover that it is their own volition - which you cannot force - that makes you possible. I choose to be consistent and I will obey you in the manner you demand. Whatever you wish me to do, I will do it at the point of a gun. If you sentence me to jail, you will have to send armed men to carry me there - I will not volunteer to move. If you fine me, you will have to seize my property to collect the fine - I will not volunteer to pay it. If you believe that you have the right to force me - use your guns openly. I will not help you to disguise the nature of your action. -Hank Rearden

I have CTD when attacking a city and when i attack an enemy besieging army.
    Is there a solution for this problem or do i have to wait for 5.0?

Have you installed 4.6 or just 4.5?

I have 4.6

Very cool. Can you clarify the situation alittle bit? like which city are you attacking, what nation are you playing, who controls the city, who is attacking your city, ect? Also, have you tried the 4.6 Hotfix? The Russians in particular have a bug with their generals in stock 4.6 that causes quite a bit of crashes, of which was fixed by the hotfix.

Semisalis

The Russian campaign typically seems to crash for my by late 1914. Last campaign on Spain's turn and this time and this time on Greece's.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureNight View Post
    The Russian campaign typically seems to crash for my by late 1914. Last campaign on Spain's turn and this time and this time on Greece's.
    Are you using the hotfix?

Semisalis

Of course. 4.6 and the hotfix, and 4.7 unofficial startpos. Also modified deployment zones and tracers.

hmmm How weird. I wonder if the 4.7 startpos has anything to do with that.

Semisalis

Now that I think of it, last time I installed NTW, it was from a pirated version to conserve bandwidth; then after that I simply did the file check on Steam to have it enabled there as I also own the game. Maybe that somehow screwed things up. I'll have to do a fresh install soon and try it then. TGW never crashed so much on me before, so it seems that may be the problem.

Illegal versions of NTW aren't supported...

There is a hotfix for 4.6? Where, because i can't find it

Original post

Ohhh...
    Thank you.
    One last question. Is it savegame compatible?

The hotfix? I believe so.

I was having similar problems but since I removed the 4.7 starpos its worked perfectly for me ...

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman96 View Post
    I was having similar problems but since I removed the 4.7 starpos its worked perfectly for me ...
    The problem where it crashes at some faction or another during end turn?

I reinstalled NTW, reinstalled 4.5/4.6/4.7/modified deployment zones/tracer patch and I still get the crashing at the end of turn. Usually around late August or September 1914.

Semisalis

I have bad campaign map lag, that is seemingly staying consistent. I lowered settings, etc. did the basic trouble shot, I play FOTS and Empire with no issues. So is it the mod?
    I never lie to any man because I don't fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid -John Gotti