Thread: Darthmod mini-mod in the works?

Default Darthmod mini-mod in the works?

I like how you guys reworked the tech tree and new events so would it be possible for you guys to make a minimod for darthmod sometime soon?

Default Re: Darthmod mini-mod in the works?

If anything Darthmod should be a making TROM mini-mod first imo. Not the other way around.

RobotDwarf's Avatar Laetus

Thats like asking Intel to make processors for AMD.

What an insulting question
    Sweat Saves Blood
    -Erwin Rommel

Precisely. I'm pretty stunned at the request.

Foederatus

Why don't you just try TROM instead. I also started with Darthmod but quickly switched to this mod. It's not that Darthmod is bad, it's just that TROM is so much better.
    "War is a matter of vital importance to the state; a matter of life or death, the road either to survival or to ruin. Hence, it is imperative that it be studied thoroughly." - Sun Tzu

Wow, being a little over-sensitive are we?

I guess this mod is for 13yr old girls, my mistake.

Your original post really appears to be a little diminishing towards the work the trom team has done(even if it wasnt your intent..it was taken as such)....by suggesting they make their unique overhaul into a minimod for another overhaul with different goals.

Foederatus

C'mon man, look at your request one more time and tell me it can't be interpreted as a little rude. If it was the other way around I'm sure some Darthmod players would react in the exact same way.
    "War is a matter of vital importance to the state; a matter of life or death, the road either to survival or to ruin. Hence, it is imperative that it be studied thoroughly." - Sun Tzu

mr.blonde's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Clamchop View Post

i am 14 and btw you can always ask the GIJOES in darths forum for a submod for trom

Walk softly and carry a big gun

This thread made my day.

Hilarious.

To stand out from the current trend of this thread:

This would have to be done in bite-sized "transplants", so to speak, in a modular format similar to Radious' mods. You'd have one that would transpose the tech tree specifically, another for the new units with balancing to be on par with DarthMod units, another for the new events, etc.

However, it would be much more practical to simply make one or two submods that would transpose DarthMod's balancing, stats and AI changes into TROM. There would also most likely be much less work involved.

Either way, none of this would be the responsibility of the TROM team. Someone else who sticks to playing DarthMod might want to do the latter, or someone really ambitious (perhaps even Darth himself) could attempt the former to have those modules as optional submods (maybe to include them as options in the launcher). The TROM team seem to me like they already have their own goals and objectives, and this kind of endeavour would deviate quite a bit from what I perceive their motives to be.

If you know exactly which parts of which mod you want in the other mod, and are willing to say so, I or someone else might be willing to attempt the transplant. Don't expect any elaborate balance work from me, though. I don't even yet know the algorithms behind unit combat, and without that information I'm not nearly in any position to understand how changes I make will affect gameplay and balance.

Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Clamchop View Post

LOL, At this point exactly the thread was worth it.

Although TROM is the better overhaul IMNSHO and the original query was a smidgen off etiquette
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate