Thread: Ashikaga Shogunate

Icon3 Ashikaga Shogunate

I had a thought wanted to know how everyone else felt about it, I've beaten the game 4 times now and each time playing I felt disappointed in the war with the ashikaga shogunate I roll through em every time without even a thought I would like to see a change in the shogunate the kinda change that would really make think twice before attacking kyoto, maybe add a couple stacks around kyoto if that's possible let me know what you all think

Default Re: Ashikaga Shogunate

maybe not add stacks but once they declare war on you they actually start retaking your provinces

I can make that happen, meaning to make them be as the other clans, aggressive. Will this be historical?

eh, only do that if you can keep their behaviour the same before Realm Divide.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Would it not effect the ashikaga negatively? I mean those big stacks and little income, or is there a cheat around it?

You mean to be peaceful before the realm divide?
    I believe I cannot guarantee that.

It would be funny and interesting to add an option in the launcher to make the Ashikaga Shogunate go rampage on everyone.

Well if you tried to attack the shogun then the shogun would personally try and kick your ass, i know i would and so would most people if they were a shogun

Make the shoganate "resurrect" loyal clans who aide the ashikaga against you. The major factions, or a fraction of them, could rebel throughout the map
    Last edited by Rugin84; May 31, 2011 at 12:26 AM.
    ~Loyalty always, but honor first.~

Quote Originally Posted by daima View Post
    It would be funny and interesting to add an option in the launcher to make the Ashikaga Shogunate go rampage on everyone.
    options GET YOU ASS KICKED BY ASHIKAGA SHOGUNATE!!! ON OR OFF lol sry for language

I seem to recall the Ashikaga Shogunate joining in the defense of some vermin clan I declared war on as Hattori. This resulting conflicted ended with the Shogunate in control of three provinces...

The only major mod I've used in DarthMod.

Is this particular memory flawed?

-Instance

great idea DARTH can u make it an option like the Oda option pretty please

whao i never knew the shogunate could take over provinces...

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    I can make that happen, meaning to make them be as the other clans, aggressive. Will this be historical?
    It would have been more better if there is a permanent Miyoshi stack/Hosokawa Stack permanently stationed in Kyoto. That way, it will add some difficulty to the player to just waltzed into Kyoto after a short rest and recuperation from Omi province.

The 13th Shogun, Yoshiteru was, like his father, a puppet, dependent on the unreliable loyalty of the daimyo, mainly the Hosokawa but the last time it was the Miyoshi Clan. Yoshiteru cant even muster enough power to gain the upper hand when the Miyoshi clan head, Nagayoshi died, and so, the Miyoshi just removed him and replaced him with his cousin, the 14th Shogun who lasted within a month.

No wonder the Ran No Jidai modders just had the Kyoto under Hosokawa control. He was after all the "Kanrei".

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

I am going to implement this in the upcoming version 2.3 as an option.
    I understand that the Ashikaga were granted as "Emperor" family of Japan but they hold their power not by arms but by Japanese tradition?
    In medieval Europe an Emperor should have conquered to take his seat and retain a large personal army to frighten his smaller and divided subjects.
    The Ashikaga should have fallen immediately after some years of battle turmoil between the daimyos.
    But on the contrary they have lasted a hundred years by just observing the turmoil around them.
    I will try to make the Ashikaga a typical "Emperor" like faction, which will have not only traditional power but an army eager to conquer japan under their name as the other Daimyos do.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

I understand that the Ashikaga were granted as "Emperor" family of Japan but they hold their power not by arms but by Japanese tradition?
    I'll try not to delve into that part, Japanese titles and bakufu government is notoriously byzantine, Minister of the Left, Minister of the Right, 3 separate titles for the same post of Deputy Shogun, Imperial Court titles that held little value outside the palace aside from prestige and maybe a good seat in the ceremonies. Kanto Kubo, Kanto Kanrei, Kyoto Kanrei, Kampaku, and many more.

Then again, I'm all for a resurgent Ashikaga, steamrolling to the Kansai region maybe even squaring off with the Ikko Ikki or better yet force to vassal them Hosokawa.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    I am going to implement this in the upcoming version 2.3 as an option.
    In medieval Europe an Emperor should have conquered to take his seat and retain a large personal army to frighten his smaller and divided subjects.
    The Ashikaga should have fallen immediately after some years of battle turmoil between the daimyos.
    But on the contrary they have lasted a hundred years by just observing the turmoil around them.
    I will try to make the Ashikaga a typical "Emperor" like faction, which will have not only traditional power but an army eager to conquer japan under their name as the other Daimyos do.

Exactly they should have fallen immediately but nobody ever conquerors them at least not in my experience however I've played tones Co op, single player, vanilla and with your mod if it does happen then damn it's more rare to see than AQ40 mounts on modern day WoW. I've seen updates in latest Darthmod patch but what I really want to see is other clans other throwing the Shogun the turmoil would be more entertaining and provides less predictable playthroughs with many twists.