Thread: CTDs mid game and other funny stuff

Default CTDs mid game and other funny stuff

Hi,

First off, brilliant mod! Like Empire total war and medevil before it Darth Mod continues to make Total War games playable by narrowing it down to proper strategist and feel rather then the arcade version made for the mob.

Now, on to the issue. I have recently gotten the Ikka Ikko DLC and noticed that the game isn't running as it should.

Unit cards are now messed up "showing archer card for everything" the game also has a tendency to crash halfway through the game. (most often happens when starting battles in campaign) I strongly suspect this has allot to due with the DLC, but until there is a quick fix, is there anything else I can do?

I'd like to avoid turning off the potreats mod for this... Ohhh and going back to Vanilla, might as well bin the game then.

Thank you!

Default Re: CTDs mid game and other funny stuff

Hi, thanks for your words and your DarthMod preference all those years. If you use the Unit Retexture Project mod, disable it, then notice if the CTDs persist.

Hey Darth,

Will give it a go once I get off work, thanks for the tip :-)

Sorry for that, Unit retexture, is that Clan Retexture? As in Clan colours? Now it basicly freezes every time it loads a "battle" turned the graffic boosting options. Reinstalled Darthmod and just to confirm it I see it runs fine in Vanilla. Got a powerfull PC with the newest grafic card updates.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    Sorry for that, Unit retexture, is that Clan Retexture? As in Clan colours? Now it basicly freezes every time it loads a "battle" turned the graffic boosting options. Reinstalled Darthmod and just to confirm it I see it runs fine in Vanilla. Got a powerfull PC with the newest grafic card updates.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you

clan re textures and clan colors are different mods altogether.

If you have both installed and active you are definitely going to run into problems. Uninstall the the textures mod from your data folder and try running the game, play a large custom to push the limits a little and see what happens.
    Or converesely if you do have clan colours mod just take the line out of your script and boot up shogun again trying a large custom battle to see whats up..

please post a copy of your mod list and a list of your mods.

Hej Bayonet,

Thanks for the quick reply,

The only mod I have is Darthmod for Shogun 2.25 (Do you really need anything else)

I tried "unticking" All the graphic boosting mods (Clan Re texture and so on) but it still persists, Vanilla runs fine and I have already run a couple of games where I max it out ( could go pretty far up ). So far I don't seem to have problems with Custom.

It seems to happen when I start loading battles in the campaign, it loads like 1/8th (Not showing map) and the freezes. Shortly after I get a "shogun no responding"

.... help?

hmm definitely sounds like re-texture problem then.

i dont have the installer version only pack file.

What you could try is removing textures from the data folder, copy paste it somewhere, then delete it from data and run it like that remembering to untick it still otherwise the script will try activate it and you will CTD.

if you have colors mod try running with that, but if everything runs 100% without retexture then thats your prob.

post a copy of your script anyway, cant hurt to see.

Thanks Bayonet,

Will do this as soon as I get home, hopefully it can help fix the issue so I can enjoy a sensible game of Darth modded Shogun.

Erm, ok I am a bit unsure here, is it the DMS_ftmch_retextures.pack in the DMS_Pack ?

that will be them

But also i would hold off for a while as it looks like there will be a new update very soon.

Brillent! Got Friday off a I plan on locking myself away with Shogun after the Gym.

Thanks for all the great Help Bayonet

Any time inky, also so you know, recent discovery is that if you are experiencing poor fps and performance with re-texure its because the changes really suck up memory to play so only advisable with a really up to date machine. im posting a recommend in the sub mod list as soon as ftmch approves....