Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unit Mod for Total War: Shogun 2 UPDATED 14.01.2012

Default Unit Mod for Total War: Shogun 2 UPDATED 14.01.2012

UPDATED 14.01.2012

-Added Bow Wako, recruitable at Pirate Fortress.

Note: I'm not sure why they have upkeep cost of 300(!). Nothing seems to be special about them apart from the fact that they can hide and resist morale shock a bit better than Ashigaru units. Do you recon I should lower the cost or add abilities like ability to hide almost anywhere and hide while moving, like hattori bandits, or leave as is?

- Onna Bushi can be recruited in Custom Battle.

Hi,

This mini mod adds the following units to single player campaign:

Loan Sword Ashigaru (unit_mod1_katana_ashigaru.pack),

Naginata Warrior Monk Cavalry (unit_mod2_naginata_cavalry.pack),

Matchlock Warrior Monks (unit_mod3_matchlock_monks.pack),

Onna Bushi (unit_mod6_onna_bushi.pack),

Katana Wako (unit_mod8_sword_wako.pack and inf_sword_katana_wako.html).

Bow Wako (unit_moda_bow_wako.pack and inf_missile_bow_wako.html).

Loan Sword Ashigaru can be recruited at Fort, Naginata Warrior Monk Cavalry requires level 2 Stable as well as level 3 Buddhist temple. Matchlock Warrior Monks require Gunsmith and level 2 Buddhist temple to train. Rebels can recruit those units as well, but Christian rebels cannot possess Warrior Monk units (obviously). Onna Bushi require Castle as well as Naginata Dojo. Katana Wako require Pirate Lair or Pirate Fortress. Bow Wako units are produced at Pirate Fortress.

Confirmed working with the latest patch (patch_14.pack).

INSTALLATION:
    Extract and copy files you want to add to shogun2\data folder.

There are six pack files for each unit as well as html file for Katana and Bow Wako.

Please install the pack/html files you want to use; if you want to prevent a specific unit from being built, simply delete corresponding .pack file (html files in case of Katana/Bow Wako) from data folder.

IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING MOD FILES PLEASE DELETE THEM IMMEDIATELY BEFORE STARTING/LOADING THE GAME. THEY ARE:
    multi_mod1.pack
    multi_mod2.pack
    multi_mod3.pack
    multi_mod4.pack

multi_mod1_katana_ashigaru.pack
    multi_mod2_naginata_cavalry.pack
    multi_mod3_matchlock_monks.pack
    multi_mod4_ikko_ikko_katana.pack

FEATURES:

-savegame compatible (you don't need to start a new game to recruit those units in a campaign; tested on vanilla)
    -AI builds new units
    -modular
    -may conflict with other unit mods

UNINSTALLATION:

Please delete the following files from shogun 2\data folder:
    unit_mod1_katana_ashigaru.pack
    unit_mod2_naginata_cavalry.pack
    unit_mod3_matchlock_monks.pack
    unit_mod6_onna_bushi.pack
    unit_mod8_sword_wako.pack
    unit_moda_bow_wako.pack
    encyclopedia\units\inf_sword_katana_wako.html
    encyclopedia\units\inf_missile_bow_wako.html

If you have any question please feel free to PM me or reply.

Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD LINK

SCREENSHOTS:

Ikko Ikki faction recruits Ikko Ikki Loan Sword Ashigaru:

Non-Ikko Ikki factions will use Loan Sword Ashigaru, but will still recruit Samurai units:
    Last edited by leeho730; January 13, 2012 at 06:12 PM.

Default Re: Unit Mod for Total War: Shogun 2 UPDATED 01.06.2011

The only suggestion I would have is less generic names for the pack files

Are the units balanced out-of-the-box? Does the AI recruit a million loanswords?

Lastly: because of the loan sword name and implied mercenary nature, any thought of recruiting the loan sword units from the sake den chain instead of fort chain? That would put the unit in the hands of the more ruthless clans, notably Hattori, who always seem to go heavy Katana Samurai against me. It may help to avoid loansword spam.
    Last edited by Charsi; June 03, 2011 at 08:00 AM.

Default Re: Unit Mod for Total War: Shogun 2 UPDATED 01.06.2011

Haha, yep, I thought simplified mod file names might make the mod easier to manage, but I might be wrong...

In terms of balance, I did not touch the unit in any other way. AI does not seem to recruit many of them; in a single army you might see maybe two or three sword ashigaru and never more than four, at least in normal difficulty, and it's same for the AI-controlled Ikko Ikki. But I understand your concern; Human player can recruit more sword ashigaru than yari ashigaru, making the game much easier. For example, when I play as Oda, two units of sword ashigaru supported by a general (just for morale bonus) could rout three yari ashigaru as well as one bow ashigaru unit!

I believe the name "loan sword ashigaru" came from the perception that since Katana belongs to Samurai and is expensive, and because Ashigaru, being rather poor and had to provide his own weapon, had to "loan" katana. I was actually planning so that player will have to research some sword technologies in order to recruit sword ashigaru (like matchlock ashigaru requiring gunpowder mastery), so that might be an option.

Hattori does not seem to produce many sword ashigaru unit either; it seems that unless you modify AI file, you won't see AI spamming sword ashigaru.

Default Re: Unit Mod for Total War: Shogun 2 UPDATED 26.06.2011 BUG FIXED

Hi huans171,

Updated. tested with Ikko Ikki DLC and recruitment icons work now. Thank you for your patience!

hey U ARE THE MAN! THX I NEED TO ENDORES THIS FILE! WOOOHOO!

hey man i love your mod but can u update a mod that have ashigaru horsemen and make that oda have bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Hattori Hanzo View Post
    hey man i love your mod but can u update a mod that have ashigaru horsemen and make that oda have bonus?
    Well, I'd love to make one, but that would be historically inaccurate (then, neither is black ship).

I was trying to make matchlock samurai cavalry so perhaps I can release both mods, with separate files for each unit.
    Last edited by leeho730; June 27, 2011 at 04:49 AM.

funny thing is blackship incident is at the end of tokugawa shogunate regime. Blacjship refer to admiral Perry's fleet from america and has nothing to do with any event during 1500s or 1600s. This is definitely historically inaccurate.

i always like separate mod anyway. i dont like cluster mods

Laetus

Hi, this may seem like an odd place to ask this question but I'm terrible with computers and this is the first relevant page I found I'm trying to change an entry in a mods file that will basically let me build in one turn (I want to see what I missed out on when I played through), I can't seem to get it working with Ikko-Ikki though, what entry am I supposed to be using for their faction? I've tried "ikko" "ikki" "ikko-ikki" and "ikkoikki"as well as "shimozuma" "ikko ikki" and "ikko - ikki", still no luck...
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Wondering would it be possible to make two more of these mods akin to the four already released; one for Onna Bushi and another for the Samurai Retainers?

to Munkiboi: Sorry mate, no clue.

Yes, it should be possible. do you want them? They're fairly easy to do, can whip them out in a few minutes. Gotta ask you a few questions: at which building and which tech do you want them? And what kind of recruitment and upkeep cost are you looking at?
    Last edited by leeho730; September 11, 2011 at 11:40 AM.

Demonic Punisher's Avatar Civis

สวัสดีครับ ผมก็ยังใช้Modของคุณอยู่ และผมชอบมาก.
    Hi, I have to use your Mod and I like it.

และก็ยังอยากขอร้องให้พวกเขามีสกิลล์ด้วย จะเป็นไปได้ใหมครับ.
    I also urge them to do with skill. Is possible now.

ขอบคุณมากครับ.
    Thank you very much.

I want to thank you for your mods, I like that they don't go overboard like so many other unit mods and I can easily pick and choose what I want. It's one of the few mods I use.

That said, I wouldn't mind an Onna Bushi unit mod! The 4 new hero units from ROTS for people that have the DLC would be nice too

Thanks again for your work!

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Awesome Mod man. However, you should somehow make the AI recruit way more Loan Swords instead of Yari Ashigaru. They really need to be reversed. You only need a few Yari Ashigaru to stop calvary charges.

Do you have a link to the Garrison Mod Add-on? Is it possible to add a requirment like "must have castle at fort"? I would give Onna Bushi the same requirements as the Naginata Samurai with addition to having a Castle Fort.

Requirements would be:
    Naginata Dojo
    Castle
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; November 26, 2011 at 04:54 PM.

Hi Bad213Boy,

Ai recruitment is quite tricky, don't know how to do it, it's quite complex, and until CA releases Mod database file, no one will have exact clue as to how to properly adjust AI priority for unit recruitment. Sorry, mate.

About additional building requirement... Yes, you can add additional building entries at the unit file. It's under db\units_tables\units, column "Uknown 28".

So for Onna Bushi,

1. please add Onna Bushi at db\buildings_units_allowed_tables\bulding_units_allowed.
    For castle, Building_IDRef is "SHO_Castle_4_Castle".
    The only thing you'll have to be careful is "Unknown 5" column... you need unique number for each unit.
    Onna Bush unit name is "Inf_Heavy_Onna_Bushi"

2. Please go to units table under db\units_tables\units.
    On colum "Unknown 28" section for Onna Bushi, please add "SHO_Yari_2_Naginata_Dojo."

3. That should be it. If unit cards appear broken somewhere, appropriate unit cards needs to be extracted and copied to an appropriate folder. However, Onna Bushi should have all the required unit card and info pictures so no worries there.

Hope this helps :-)

Default Re: Unit Mod for Total War: Shogun 2 UPDATED 10.01.2012

Updated 10th Jan 2012. Added Onna Bushi and Katana Wako (comes with encyclopedia file). Any unit request please feel free to reply. Thanks!

Demonic Punisher's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Unit Mod for Total War: Shogun 2 UPDATED 10.01.2012

๐ Thank you very much. ...

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Unit Mod for Total War: Shogun 2 UPDATED 14.01.2012

What about naval ships? I want to be able to recruit all ships like The Black Ship, Caravel, Red Seal Ship, Wako Trade Ship.

Default Re: Unit Mod for Total War: Shogun 2 UPDATED 14.01.2012

Possible, but not sure which tech you'd want them at. If you can make a suggestion, please post it here and I'll make a mod.

Perhaps black ship requires fortress or citadel with nanban quarters?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast