Thread: Greates Victory in THS,or the most crushing defeat

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Greates Victory in THS,or the most crushing defeat

What is your best victory,or the most crushing defeat in THS??

Mine best victory is this one:I am defending a small Seleucid town from the attack of the Parthians{or wathever they are called},i have 2 millita hoplites,6 pesents and the enemy has got 8 eastern infantry,around 4 archers/slingers,5 horse archers and one chatafract unit.They also have 4-3 battering rams.I put one millita at the gate in a phalanks to fight the enemyes at the gates,while i use another one to protect the pleace there are 2 eastern infantry suported by horse archers.Pesents are used to fill in the pleaces where the battering rams are gonna hit,rest of the pesents act as reserves.
    The gates get destroyed shortly afterwards,and my millita phalankses easly hold of against the enemyes,and the pesents,supported by reserve pesents hold the E. infantry and slowly start betting them.
    That was until the catafracts decided to attack the gates and destroy my phalanks,i send the pesents to support the gate,and they somehow kill the catafracts.
    But at one side of the wall the attackers seem to be killing the pesents off,with some cav. support,and since all my units have done with the enemy,they all move to engage the enemy,and,with hard losses,we have won.

There some other battles i fouth against the antrigontis and won,eaven if the trippled my numbers...
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

Default Re: Greates Victory in THS,or the most crushing defeat

My one stack of Carthaginian Scutarii, Punic Archers and Sacred Band Cavalry against three Roman stacks simultaneously in one turn. It was the stack I'd used to conquer Iberia and the Massalians, so was very experienced, with a general who had beaten many Gallic and Massalian stacks. Not entirely sure, but I assume the stacks sent against me by the Romans were quite fresh (little experience).

It was a bloodbath. I set up on in the pass within the Western Alps (just East of Massalia). The Scutarii held up brilliantly, and the Cavalry wreaked absolute havoc in all three battles.

Who needs Elephants?

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
    Who needs Elephants?
    The Seleucids,the Antrigonis are a royal stack factory,and some Eles. coud help the Seleucids.

{Lol,look at my status...i am a Yoda...}

unless you're the Greeks invading Asia Minor, in which case they're mostly mass militia stacks.

18000 Antigonids vs 2100 Greeks, about 2000 of the Antigonids managed to escape from that, i lost around 400

Please rep me for my posts, not for the fact that i have a Pony as an Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by TWWolfe View Post
    unless you're the Greeks invading Asia Minor, in which case they're mostly mass militia stacks.

18000 Antigonids vs 2100 Greeks, about 2000 of the Antigonids managed to escape from that, i lost around 400
    Realy???In my game they massed lancers,artilary{onagers,ballistas},millita,levi and phalanks pikemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Realy???In my game they massed lancers,artilary{onagers,ballistas},millita,levi and phalanks pikemen.
    Lucky, all they had in my game were stacks of militia hoplites, light theuro's and peasants. And for the kicker, they depopulated all of asia minor to field those stacks, so none of the cities had more than 500 people when i took them

Please rep me for my posts, not for the fact that i have a Pony as an Avatar.