Thread: how to add custom general

Default how to add custom general

hi.. i was wondering if anyone could teach me
    how to add my own custom general in a faction..

if possible..
    i chould choose the general face..

even better

add or edit the family tree of a faction
    Last edited by eytchdi; May 29, 2011 at 01:24 AM.

Default Re: how to add custom general

The family tree is a relatively complex thing to edit since it requires some familiarity with ESF editing, all the data relating to those being found in startpos.esf if I'm not mistaken. It would also be a one-shot mod, and you'd need to re-edit the file each time you want to make the slightest change.

Choosing a general's face would also be a one-shot change, as would any stat or name changes. Most likely, in this case also, you'd have to edit startpos.esf, possibly with some database editing (you could use the PFM for this) to make a custom unit for it if required. Whether a general can have a General's Guard battle unit that is different from all the other General's Guard units I'm not too sure of, but there might be a way to make a particular general (that would already exist at the beginning of the game, or be created through an event - but the latter would require more advanced scripting knowledge) have a guard made up of, for example, 160 teppo ashigaru (mostly being inspired by the Oda here).

None of these are changes that I'd recommend to someone not familiar with modding ETW/NTW/S2TW, but if you're still determined then you should start with the Pack File Manager here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433370 and the ESF Editor here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428754. Read their threads to get a better idea of how to access the files you need to edit. startpos.esf can be found under campaigns/jap_shogun/ in patch5.pack. That's probably where I'd start. Extract the file, and then open it with the ESF Editor (you might have to use an older version for it to work properly - read the thread for more information). The rest is outside of my current knowledge.

Default Re: how to add custom general

I've been looking for a way to edit my starting general with takeda to have 500 horseback and edit some stats at the beggining, Ive been searching these forums for hours and came up empty handed. I edited the PFM with my generals name but start a fresh game and nothings changed. I've seen many ppl ask this same question on a lot of threads here but no real answer. Radious has a mod that changed all the generals stronger but I just want to change my general only. Thanks.