Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get 20+ units per army in the campaign.

Default How to get 20+ units per army in the campaign.

Since this also works for ETW and S2TW:

Now i'm not sure if this has ever been listed before. But yesterday I stumbled upon the following thread in which osean quoted a guy named Julle Cesar for giving a small tip on how to increase land armies. The thread in which he said that can be found here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=431332

So this is not my discovery, it's his.

So for the tutorial on how to do this, it's easy!

1st you need to download ESF editor, I've used the following one: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?catid=275&linkid=8783

Then open up your savegame and navigate to the following:

CAMPAIGN_SAVEGAME -> CAMPAIGN_ENV -> CAMPAIGN_MODEL

Here there are two values set at 20, the upper one is for land battles and the lower one is for sea battles.

Change both values to your liking, mine are set at 30, but it has been tested at 80 units per army.

Now save your savegame and load it up! You can now place more units in an army and the AI will do so also!

The only downside is that you can't actually see the extra units, you you'll have to write everything down on a paper or something. You can also count the small yellow blocks next to the banner.

So that's it. Hopefully I can make someone happy with this piece of information. It has made my NTW game a lot more fun!! Don't forget to REP Julle Cesar for his findings.

edit: The same thing should also work van ETW en S2TW!

edit2: It also appears that you only have to do this ONCE. The game saves your edits everytime you'll create a new save for the same campaign.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/fatbattle.jpg

Problem CA?

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: How to get 20+ units per army in the campaign.

very nice find!!!!
    great

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

WTF?
    You're joking, aren't you?

Can someone make smaller cards for the units?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

No jokes

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Ishan; August 26, 2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Added Spoiler

Well, up to 21 are visible in that without crossing over to the reinforcement thing. If you had a second army, it would be hell to tell who's who.

If anyone can please reduce size of cards by 20% so we could have 24 visible units in campaign and battles?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Does this work on already started campaigns?

It worked for me after I edited the save.

OMG! BUMP! AND STICKY THIS!!!!

So many people have been waiting for this. I think it most definitely deserves a sticky.

Are you certain this works for Empire? When I change the first value to 30 and the second to 20, the campaign crashes upon load.

These two values are at the very bottom of the list, correct?

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

BUMP this looks brilliant, definitely should get more attention. If only you could sort out the unit card sizes all would be well!

Taw has given me a couple of suggestions on how to make them smaller or overlapping but... I don't know enough to proceed.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Sounds like a glitch but an interesting one at that. Problem with larger armies is computers.

Nope, the AI uses the large army nicely. I think it started from the fact that in smaller unit settings, you can have less ships in a navy. So they needed the number of units in the army to be changable.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I meant some computers prob couldnt handle it.

Yes, that's true.
    Mine for example has trouble dealing with 20 vs 20 units if they bring in the battlefield 15K+ soldiers.

I have a question...Is it possible to get/use the overlapping unit card system that the generals have in their recruitment option?...it would be ideal for this as they pop-up when you mouse over them...(i havnt got a clue where to start looking for this or i would have a go myself)

That was what I was also thinking of. But we have 2 guys that I know who could do it ... and they both told me "More or less do this and that with this tool and it may (or may not) work". I.e. I have to do it myself.
    Let's be sincere here, with DMUC I have some minor problems when I have a full stack vs a full stack with lots of large infantry (the 400-500 guys). If I pull it up to 24 or 26 I'll have more problems. So decided to not spend the time it would take me to do it myself, the bughunting, etc.

I've been testing this on NTW and ETW and ETW is having some intermittent problems when you get above 20+, random crashes, etc... Seems to be, for me anyway, when grouping your units in pre-battle deployment. NTW on the hand has no issues so far as I can tell. Currently have a campaign going with 51 as the setting (20 infantry, 15 artillery, 15 cavalry, 1 general) and have fought some serious brawls. The good thing about this is the unit experience factor. Once an army of this size fights a major battle it gains major experience, which I like.

I didn't have any problems with ETW and this, but I've not used it extensively.

Is there a way to get this to work for MP? I would love to fight some real battles with accurate manpower. Maybe it can be done through MP campaign?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast