Thread: Realm divide bug

Default Realm divide bug

So, I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but I was playing as Ikko Ikki, and was allied with Oda the entire game. Oda eventually took Kyoto and started the realm divide, however instead of the clans getting pissed at Oda, they actually all got pissed at me. Looking back at the diplomacy window, it looks like the player still gets the effects of the realm divide even if a comp grabs Kyoto. Now I started to think it was because I was allied with Oda, but Oda actually had the negative effects of realm divide and betrayed me too.

The next few turns were quite frustrating to say the least

Default Re: Realm divide bug

went back to an older save and the same thing happened.

resorting to a no realm divide detriment mod for now, but this is something that needs to be looked at.

If you were allied with Oda and Oda took Kyoto, wouldn't that have most likely made you an enemy of the Ashikaga shogunate?

In that case, it's scripted in that if the Ashikaga take too much damage and you're not super friendly with them, then they begin "hating" you (a silly, badly-scripted gimmick where the ashikaga are forced to have an arbitrarily hostile relationship with you for no reason whatsoever even if they had +300 diplomatic relations the previous turn) and from then on there's absolutely nothing you can do to repair your relationship with them, at least until they are reinstated in Kyoto.

Hatred from the Ashikaga will rapidly turn into a negative diplomacy feedback and artificially increase your notoriety when calculating whether to trigger the realm divide, if I remember correctly. After that, you've seen the results.

The best fix I can think of would be to rewrite that rather arbitrary bit of script that seems almost like it was written at the last minute two days before release, and instead put something where the Ashikaga's relationship drops and tells its allies to attack whoever took Kyoto and give a negative relationship hit between factions neutral to the shogunate and the faction that took Kyoto.
    Last edited by DaFranker; May 29, 2011 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Suggested possible solution.

Did you join your allies, the Oda, in declaring war against the Shogunate when they invaded? If so, you automatically trigger the Realm Divide.