Thread: SSHIP - Original Thread (archived)

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (formerly SSMAP) - Beta 8 soon...

This is still being developed, correct?

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (formerly SSMAP) - Beta 8 soon...

As far as I know its still in development, the development team is small and very busy at the moment. If you've ever written code or tried modding this game, or even worse tried editing any type of code that somebody else wrote, you'd see its quite a time consuming process. Just be patient, it'll be out when its out

It's still developed, we're making very good progress right now. At the moment, we're modelling&texturing new units, we are redoing the existing units stats/pricewise, we're finishing the new factions, and we're overhauling the campaign map.

Expect a new preview pretty soon.

Preview to a preview to a preview...j/k

Glad to hear you guys are plugging away on this, cannot wait!

Well, here's the stuff I've been working on lately: Overhauling Agart's awesome cities and redoing resources, trying to create a more immersive and realistic feeling on the campaign map (especially when playing zoomed in a bit).

Cities now have much more houses, some new buildings like wells, wall and buildings heights are adjusted, there are some random surrounding buildings, byzantium has it's own cities again, and city sizes are much more different.
    A small town now actually is a small town, sizes are slowly getting bigger. For example compare arras and paris. Paris has almost double the size, and much more buildings around it.

Not all resources are done yet, some also need a location change on the map (like linen in italy, which sticks out way too much), but you can see the new grain resource, as well as linen, wool, hides and fruits.

Oh and the roads are also new.

Please tell us your thoughts. We hope you like it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

France

Constantinople

Italy

Looks amazing! A much more realistic feeling

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

@ Aaron92, sorry, I missed your log. Anyway, I can find the reason of your CTD in your log. Can you tell me which town is the last Serbian one?
    Also, I've noticed that you don't use the last fix I did. You can find it here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12845847

Not sure that it will fix your issue.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

That's far better than even the current version!

helloooo!!anoyne alive here?!?!??!

i would like to ask,whats the finish date of the campaign?i think i read somewhere its around 1400,which is a same cause i would like to kick some ass with landsknechts pikes!

and how is going the 8th version?

besides new factions/units will you have any surprises?

Checking in. I am alive and awaiting the day of 0.8. Rome II is nice, but... I always come back to Medieval II. Especially disappointed in the lack of family trees. Very disappointed :/

It's on it's way. Besides factions, units, we will have new buildings, new settlement mechanics, campaign map improvements (as seen in the preview), stronger slaves, etc. If everything goes well and we don't have to remove stuff ofc.

Campaign finish date is 1560 winter.

Personally I Did redo the water depths to be realistic, and adjusted colors. Right now I'm altering the heightmap the create a more impressive, non-flat feeling.

Small comparison between 0.7 and 0.8:

Are you going to lower the population growth rate in the new version?

Yes, we have a new formula we're trying out. With this, we can represent the actual settlement population(approximately) in this time. Meaning population will stretch from 500 to a maximum of around 150.000. More if you have the right management and the right ruler in your settlement.

Growth rates are extremely reduced and almost non-existant in the beginning of the game. Meaning most settlements numbers are stagnant. If you raise taxes, your income will rise significantly, but your population will leave the town. So you have much more power and there are a lot more consequences in choosing what you want to accomplish. It will take some time to develop a settlement now.

Also, there is alot more diversity. Some settlements, like for example Zara are really hard to get to the next level, some others like Vienna grow much easier and faster. In our current internal version, the only problem remaining is the chivalry of the governor, because it's too easy at the moment to get a very chivalric general, and chivarly boosts settlement growth A LOT. Once we fixed this (by making it harder to get chivalry, or reduce the influence of the trait), it should work very well.

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Doesn't work for me, i get a CTD immediately when i run the modpack. Any good advice?

Well you probably installed something wrong. Immediate CTD's can be caused by a lot of things. Do you get an error log from the CTD?

Just try again and follow the installation instructions 1 by 1. Other than that, I can't really help you because it works for everyone else. I'm starting it almost every day.

Marcvs Antonivs's Avatar Senator

great job guys, I still play stainless still and this mod is totally a must have!
    Cassius: "Our men at arms have secured the city. We've received representatives from all the best elements. The senate is with us, the knights are with us."
    Brutus:"The pontifs, the urban cohorts, the lictors guild..."
    Antony: "Oh, the lictors guild, very good. Only rally the bakers and the flute players and you can put on a festival."

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    Doesn't work for me, i get a CTD immediately when i run the modpack. Any good advice?
    Do you have any log you can post? That would help.

@ Marcvs Antonivs, many thanks for your message. That encourages us to carry on.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I just installed SS 6.4, with BGRV IV and then I tried installing The Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project. And now I am getting a CTD at the crusader guy. Are there any incompatibilities between these two submods?

Quote Originally Posted by Konig91 View Post
    I just installed SS 6.4, with BGRV IV and then I tried installing The Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project. And now I am getting a CTD at the crusader guy. Are there any incompatibilities between these two submods?
    I don't think this submod works with BGR.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkonath View Post
    I don't think this submod works with BGR.
    Really?