Page 213 of 215 FirstFirst ... 113163188203204205206207208209210211212213214215 LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 4288

Thread: SSHIP - Original Thread (archived)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project - Second patch for Beta 8 released!

I'll check them anyway. It's always good to improve any aspect of the game
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project - Second patch for Beta 8 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I guess you're talking about Rûm, located in Anatolia, right?

What do you mean by "mercenaries disappear next turn or a couple more later"?
    Are you referring to hired mercenaries or to mercenary units that you can recruit? I think I know the answer for that one but that's just to be sure.
    Can you give me the name of that archer unit? That can help me to find out.

Regarding the muslim rosters, they haven't been reworked much so far. We have just re-used existing units. That's why they offer a poor variety of units in the actual version. It's part of our next goal to rework them, introducing some specific units per faction.
    rum in anatolia, yes. mercenaries the ones i hired. archer - mourtatoi

Blog Entries

Correct me if I'm wrong: basically, you hire mercenaries who disappear after 1 or 2 turns from your army.
    That's really strange.

Does the same thing happens if you put your hired mercenaries in a settlement and leave them there for a while?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Correct me if I'm wrong: basically, you hire mercenaries who disappear after 1 or 2 turns from your army.
    That's really strange.

Does the same thing happens if you put your hired mercenaries in a settlement and leave them there for a while?
    they disappear in 1 or 5 (weird, couse not in 2, 3 or 4) turns if u keep then in the field. when i put them in cities, kept there for 7 turns, then outside for 10, everything was fine

and is it possible to make faster turns? there was one submod for s.s.6.4. faster turns, but link is broken

Civis

Does anyone have a problem with no FMs being born after about 100 turns?

have u guys think about adding models for knight orders and Kingdom of Jerusalem from Broken Crescent 2.3 ?

Edit: i believe they will give u, as they give u other units of ther for muslim factions. if someone can told me how to add that models, i would gladly do that..

Thank you so much for all the feedback during the recent days guys!
    About the voices: I can't really change them, since I'm using an originally german version which has like 3 accents. Perhaps some of you can change that and upload it somewhere.

@trenktas: Faster turns are not possible and not compatible with SSHIP either. I already optimized the script as much as possible within the game's limitations.

If mercenaries simply dissappear, there probably is something wrong with your installation. I've never heard anyone else report about this.

@achilles-91: miles will be fixed (already are in my version). Dismounted knights use a twohanded weapon with the new geminy unit pack. They're still pretty good I think.

No this submod is not going to merge with titanium. The concepts are simply too different and it would be one hell of a work.

I also don't think we have permission to use battle for the baltic models.

@accapulco: WOW! This is the most detailled feedback I've read in.. ever. Thank you so much! Some notes:

Again, miles will be fixed in the next release. I'll check the corracio standard. About acre, should also be fixed next release.

We overhaul unit costs within the next release. It should mostly stay somewhat the same, but more reasonable and diverse.

No, there is noo troop tree (yet). Feel free to create one though. But perhaps wait for the next release...^^

The Italian Trade Center is not available to every faction (intendly so). You can use it when you conquer a settlement, but not rebuild it. I mean you are italian afterall, and those tradecenter should simulate the various trading establishments in byzantium, the levante, and everywhere BUT the main italian factions.

Well, you can change the % rate shown for agent actions. Perhaps there is some hardcoded hidden stuff, perhaps you're just unlucky. I really don't know this one.

EDIT:

@Sassanid Saxon: What do you mean with FM? Females? Faction..males? As far as I know, we can't really control the birth rate or the birth ratio of m/f.

@achilles-91: Not yet. I'm researching about the medieval muslim unit rosters right now. One thing at a time. If you want to add models, there are a lot of tutorials in the mod workshop section.
    Last edited by MWY; June 02, 2014 at 02:13 PM.

thank you for fast answers. i already searching in workshop how to do this. if i can suggest something about muslim unit rosters.. ayubids need better archers, and heavy infantry. and fixed al-haqa(they are silver). also moors need rework, other muslim factions can wait for now also, lowering persian spermen upkeen would make sense, cause they weaker then dismounted spahis, and still have more costly upkeen..but thats not that much problem.. also i think kwarzmian noble cav should be little down with upkeen, but thats up to you to decide..i simply cant afford that cavarly, even throug, im number one faction in every aspect, with 2 vassals

Is there an update in the near future?

awdaeedawd

FM = Family Members, as for the answer... there is a set ratio in the game engine of family members to settlements. If you own fewer settlements than you have generals none will be born. I believe it was made to offset the strength of family members in armies. If you had a large family tree continually growing over time soon all your armies would be FM. What I am not sure about is the hired generals available... I believe it does affect that ratio so if you have small family but many hired generals you also won't have new heirs born though there is no limit on new generals you can command and you can still get man of the hour events even in that situation.

Ayyubids having more/better archers- the game starts with Fatimids and historically most of their archers that I've read were Armenians or Nubians. The later Ayyubids did away with both of those troops types due to considering them disloyal and only had some Turkomen archers far as I know- haven't seen any large amounts of foot archers like the earlier Fatimids used but Ayyunids also introduced much heavier cavalry more like European knights in the ghulams and some other elite cavalries than Fatimid armies used other than Armenians.

For heavy infantry of Ayyubids... they have about the best in the game with the Tabardiya but it takes awhile to unlock those. Some Armenian or Syrian infantry might be made available to Fatimids from campaign start eventually. The heavy Persian spearmen costing more than some other units is related to the fact of unit class- the costs value equipment and unit class and type the highest. Sometimes units close in armor style and unit type are different classes which might mean 1 unit is more available but costs more despite having lower stats. Sure you'd prefer the better unit but if you can't get enough of those guys at discount prices you'll take the professionals that cost more to train but are always available to retrain etc.

We haven't completely settled on roster changes for the next release as I've just finished list of late era units in EDU we can remove (500 limit means every unit we introduce another unit has to be removed) and we have to see how many units we need to introduce for the focus factions of the next release.

For next release most attention is going to be on Moors/Almoravids, Zengids, Abbasids, and Cumans. Also we have some new models made just for Titanium and SSHIP that hopefully we can introduce for Fatimids and a few other factions but not sure on the timeline for that. Better Nubian models, Pisan sailors, Elephants, Templars, etc were previewed earlier in this thread along with some other stuff and will eventually appear in the mod.

For the comments about the horse armors/covers I've noticed it but honestly its a bit further down the list to change.

Most likely unit availabilities will also be shuffled and more local units tied to specific regions both as mercenaries and AOR units recruitable by anyone who controls territory in that region will appear over the next few releases when we can fit them in.
    Last edited by Ichon; June 02, 2014 at 07:33 PM.

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Could someone give me an alternative Link/Download option for SSHIP v0.8.0 INSTALLER as the link provided seems to be corrupted/has a virus.

Thanks.
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Blog Entries

I've checked it and it works fine for me.
    Have you checked your anti-virus settings? It might be the reason as sometimes anti-virus consider some installers as virus.

Overwise, you'll have to wait tonight and I can make another link once I'm back home (I have to do it anyway as the installer causes some installation problems).
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 03, 2014 at 05:49 AM.

Hey, I don't know if the soundtrack is a priority at the moment, but I think it should be modded. It greatly increases immersion.

Especially the Eastern/Muslim soundtrack should be modified. I'm sick of hearing lutes and flutes instead of drums and other Eastern instruments. Currently I am playing as Abissaid Caliphate, and boy it's hard to face the Slejuks with all their might at Hard difficulty.

Anyway, I am mostly referring to the Strat_Map music. Battlefield music is reasonable enough, though I'd love to hear the Islamic call to prayer on the Strat_Map.

i want to report bug on hasham shields for some factions like seljuk turks. also if i can suggest using models from broken crescent (emir guard and mamluk cavalry, also tawashi can be nice , and quapakulu mount, and roman katapracth mount).

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

I've checked it and it works fine for me.
    Have you checked your anti-virus settings? It might be the reason as sometimes anti-virus consider some installers as virus.

Overwise, you'll have to wait tonight and I can make another link once I'm back home (I have to do it anyway as the installer causes some installation problems).
    Okay, you're right, after a third try or so it worked.

However, game/mod crashes on loading screen. I've reinstalled and reinstalled and followed install instructions to the letter. Any reasons why this crash happens?
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

MatVego's Avatar Civis

I can't run the game, my log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    16:38:36.082 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE216:38:36.082 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    16:38:36.087 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:38:36.088 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:38:36.089 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:38:36.091 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:38:36.092 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:38:36.092 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:38:38.722 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 227, column 53
    Invalid ownership type 'pisa' found in unit 'carrack'.
    16:38:38.722 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

MatVego's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by bieluxd View Post
    I can't run the game, my log:
    I installed "SSHIP setup.exe" in wrong path, now it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post
    Okay, you're right, after a third try or so it worked.

However, game/mod crashes on loading screen. I've reinstalled and reinstalled and followed install instructions to the letter. Any reasons why this crash happens?
    Install "SSHIP setup.exe" e.g. on your deskop, cut "data" from installed "SSHIP" folder and paste in SS6.3 folder. It worked for me. Next patch SSHIP 8.0 with correct order.

Can I turn on Permanent Watchtowers in this mod or other small submods?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    i want to report bug on hasham shields for some factions like seljuk turks. also if i can suggest using models from broken crescent (emir guard and mamluk cavalry, also tawashi can be nice , and quapakulu mount, and roman katapracth mount).
    We are likely to add some more units from BC as they have kindly allowed us to use most of their units (not all) with credit given. Not sure exactly which ones we will use but probably mamluk cavalry of those you mentioned as I remember it being nice.

For the bugs reported-

If you followed install directions and did everything in the right order it should work- crash on loading screen and that error log usually indicate something done wrong on install.

Just to be safe you can make sure you are running as administrator and UAC is off. Then run SS6.4 setup and choose early campaign, savage AI, and arrows on or off only. Than paste in everything in the SSHIP folder overwriting the SS6.3 mod folder. Then launch or create shortcut from the launcher.exe inside that folder.