Thread: SSHIP - Original Thread (archived)

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project - Second patch for Beta 8 released!

Thank you Lifthrasir. I'm sure you'll correct the "Dome of the Rock" build in Paris. Also, France seems to be unbalanced a bit (my opinion, from playing and comparing France and England). England is certainly the stronger. Again, my opinion.

byzantineklibanophori's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project - Second patch for Beta 8 released!

Anyone got a full unit roster for Byzantines?

How do u get Varangians!
    ☻ This is the Prophet, lusty, promiscous, self serving and divinely (deluded) inspired messenger of god
    /▌\  Copy and paste him to protest his pederastic perversions on children
    / \

Nordom's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by byzantineklibanophori View Post
    Anyone got a full unit roster for Byzantines?

How do u get Varangians!
    The Varangian Guard unit is recruitable from the later Town Hall buildings...but only after a certain event, (Lateran Council 4, perhaps?). Until then, they are preceded by the Saxon Huscarls.
    Last edited by Nordom; May 07, 2014 at 02:50 PM.

Gotcha
    ☻ This is the Prophet, lusty, promiscous, self serving and divinely (deluded) inspired messenger of god
    / \

I recommend playing on veryhard/verhard. Should still be very doable in SSHIP.

Is there any way to stop getting usurper kings? They up my generals and it's quite unrealistic

Please if someone who knows how to edit the map could change the tripoli province to look like roman africa (if province limit is reached, can't the extra land be transferred to the neighboring (also large) region to the left). Everything is so great about this mod and had I known how to change maps I would have done it myself. Any help I would be very grateful for.

@soviet1920: If a guy is usurping, your actual king is pretty weak. You can buff him up by winning battles, building special buildings etc. You usually don't get that many usurpers. You just have to check that you always kill the usurping heir somehow and get an accepted heir or a regent. It's not that hard in my campaign. If you have a usurper as king, you just need to wait around 10 turns I think. When he is still alive then, he will be recognized as the true king.

@aquarisu: can you show me a map of roman africa?

Here is a wiki link to the roman province of africa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ro...ire_Africa.svg

@MWY I actually killed them off by losing ship battles to pirates. Thanks for your answer.

Another question, is it possible to overcome the "distance to capital" factor? I find financially to hold far away regions given the number of units I have to keep in order to keep them from revolting.

Thank you, the mod is awesome no matter what, finally I can fight against most factions as they aren't devoured by a superpower.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I can't see the benefit of changing the Tripoli region. The Southern part is not accessible anyway
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Aside from aesthetics, I don't know, however you did point out correctly that is not accessible so having one large region representing the whole of sahara as an impassable desert should not affect the gameplay. Sorry I do not want to disturb anyone, it's just that i enjoy recreating the roman empire or ottomans.

Guys, just wanted to add my thanks.

It's a wonderful mod.

It's truly nice to have for a change a situation where there's no stack fest

Realistically, you just don't raise armies on-demand like its cable tv!

It's nice to have to plan ahead and commit to one front or the other.

It's nice to have economic problems and issues of imperial overstretch!

I am now more weary of delegating command of armies without a second thought!

Thank goodness for expensive mercenaries!
    / \

Hey,

I noticed one of my towns went extremely unhappy (0% public order) and had -26.5% population growth. After 1 turn I figured out that one of my family members had rebelled and get the 'not my king' trait - which I noticed gave -100% movement and said something like 'I have locked myself in etc...' I really like the idea of this feature but I was immediately able to remove the family member from the town because he still had a tiny bit of movement - which then put my public order and pop. growth back to normal.

Was I supposed to resolve the problem that easily or should the family member have had 0 movement (which would have led to the whole town turning rebel), and I think it would be better if you could somehow avoid the decline in population (I lost about 2000 citizens in one turn) because I'm not sure why so many citizens would die in this situation,

Otherwise, great mod, adds so much depth so thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EhJay View Post
    "2. Download & run the SSHIP v0.8.0 Installer. Check the path to the location where the submod will be installed to be sure it's correct. Basically, the SSHIP data folder must be merged with the data folder located in your SS6.3 main folder. SSHIP is not compatible with other mods."

So where do we install to? Are you saying we must move stuff around after running the installer? Why are installation instructions so hard for people to make properly?

Don't get me wrong, awesome mod, got it working, many thanks, just grr sometimes.
    OMG, EhJay, I am having the same trouble with installation instruction. could you please explain to me how you installed it. thanks

Guys, pls help me with installation, I installed as described and now my folder is placed like this: D:\Games\Medieval 2\mods\SS6.3\data\SSHIP
    Hope it's correct... But how the do I launch the game? There is no launcher in SSHIP folder. And when I click on my old SS6.4 icon it launches SS 6.4...
    Thanks in advance

Ok. Figured it out. For all those out there not that much familiar with mods installation here is my brief explanation: the key here is when you run SSHIP v0.8.0 Installer you choose some random folder not connected with total war folders. Once the installation is finished, you copy newly installed "data" folder and paste it into SS6.3 folder, and then click yes when asked if you want to merge the new "data folder" with existing one. and then continue installation of the rest pieces by always copying "data" folder from WinRar into SS6.3 folder and click yes when asked if you want to merge. Once you finished, to launch the game, simply click the old SS6.4 game launcher. Hope I was clear lol

Do i must turn off BYG IV ???

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lancelot View Post
    Do i must turn off BYG IV ???
    Yes, it's recommended. I don't think it will do something if you enable it but it won't work anyway. So, it's better to disable it.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Ok. Thank you for fast answer