Thread: Launch Error (Additional issue)

Default Launch Error (Additional issue)

All,

I've installed 5 times and follow the install instructions to the letter. I've read the "Know Issues" post that notes that "you've probably installed incorrectly" when you attempt to launch a campaign and are in the screen after the one asking you to select your exe when it continues to ask you to select an option from the list. I have attempted to follow the instructions as shown in the screen shots on the Known Issues page which tells you to click the button at the bottom before clicking the arrow to the right. This however does not fix the problem.

I'm running Windows 7, am running the program as Admin and using BI without Steam.

Also, when I shut down and try again I get an error message that says: "Script Error in play_roe/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.xtx, at line 12, column 1. Xepected start date of campaign or battle"

I have no doubt that this has all been resolved 50 times but for the life of me I have not been able to find the answer no matter how much I look. Any assistance would be very greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Launch Error (Additional issue)

Hello.

A few questions.
    Do you have RTW patched to 1.3 then 1.5?
    Do you have another mod installed in the same folder?

As for the error message, did you try to play an historical battle?
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

Also to add to Paedrics questions, whats your install path?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I'm fairly sure the error indicates that either the game is not patched correctly (quite often this error is seen after the 'select an item from the list' error) or it's just a bad install of RSII.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here