Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Ikko Ikki Campaign Guides

Default Re: Ikko Ikki Campaign Guides

Trying this on Hard currently. First try was a bust. Let the Oda do their thing and ended up facing two full stacks of mostly multiple chevron Samurai Units. I said screw it and loaded an earlier save.

This time i was more agressive, blitzing everything that wasn't defended, avoiding the large Hattori FS roaming around doing the same thing. While doing that, i incited a Rebellion at the Oda home province which led the one Oda FS to leave the Castle in order to deal with the rebel army. I took the now undefended castle and vassalized them.

By now, they have wiped out that Hattori FS for me and, in the process, lost most of their military power. The Hattori are gone and the Oda easily managable especially since they're my vassals. The Takeda actually ASKED for an alliance, which i gladly agreed to.

However i never turtled at Kaga and have instead moved up to Echigo and Sado (that precious gold!!).

I'm still on rather shaky legs, economically, but tons of trade agreements keep me afloat for now. I might actually start recruiting actual ronin and warrior monks now...

We'll see how it turns out. Hatekayama have send their first FS out and that might be too much for the weakened Oda.

Foederatus

Default Re: Ikko Ikki Campaign Guides

I recently completed Ikko Ikki Legendary Domination. Took several tries but once I got survivable progress was steady. Late game I was doing awesome research due to JS temple in each town. Builds were formalized: JST, Saki Den, armory encampment. Never tried to build town wealth: kept taxes at Very High almost all of game. Since no metsuke I basically never built a market though I kept some of those I conquered. Ikko Ikko plays (for me) different than all other clans, think communist not capitalist like in current Oda Legendary Dom where Owari had close to 4k town wealth at peak due to lots of min/low tax turns + growth buildings. Never built warrior monks in Kaga, built charge bonus encampment to get marathon monks but built up Yamato eventually as Citadel for main warrior monk production.

Completed all research by 1600 except top tier spear & sword -- again, helped by JST as base building in each city.
    Last edited by Grognir; March 10, 2015 at 08:07 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567