Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EoR Team & the Recruitment Office

Default Re: EoR Team & the Recruitment Office

Your lucky day is here! I'm English but my best friend is hungarian!!! He isn't a total war fan himself, but seeing as he knows english, through my life I've learnt hungarian to be polite, y'know? So I think I can help you I'm glad I can be of service to you Tell me what you need to find out about and I'll get on it right away.

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Could we see a model by you plz?

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvisimo View Post
    Your lucky day is here! I'm English but my best friend is hungarian!!! He isn't a total war fan himself, but seeing as he knows english, through my life I've learnt hungarian to be polite, y'know? So I think I can help you I'm glad I can be of service to you Tell me what you need to find out about and I'll get on it right away.
    Wow, excellent. I will certainly let you know about the Hungarian stuff.

I'm sorry but it looks like the modelling idea is impossible atm - 3ds max is playing up and I can't find another download link.... If you were to send me a link, it'd be great. Alternatively I could help with the research towards the Avars, who I've been reading up on over the last few days

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of the house most of Friday and Saturday

I'm sorry but it looks like the modelling idea is impossible atm - 3ds max is playing up and I can't find another download link.... If you were to send me a link, it'd be great. Alternatively I could help with the research towards the Avars, who I've been reading up on over the last few days

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of the house most of Friday and Saturday
    Do you have any model examples my friend?

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

I'm sorry, but no. I did, but on Friday afternoon, I got phonecall scammed I caught on before they could gain access to my computer, but just to be sure I wiped my laptop to factory conditions, as advised to me. I'm sorry. To be honest, I'm currently right in the middle of my GCSE exams - you'll understand I haven't really got time to be modelling heavily. Research, however, is something I can do gladly, ast in short timeframes when I'm not revising

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Why don't you make an impression by researching a topic, I don't know, perhaps the battle of Dara or Faventia?
    Remember to reference your sources and use trusted academic sites.
    PS I speak totally unofficially, but just thought if you made a good impression perhaps mod leaders will take your research skills seriously, its not a case of quoting wiki .

Signature made by Joar

Yes, ok. At the moment I'm trying to fix Napoleon total war - I'm getting a startup screen that lasts for ever until I force close it - if you know anything about this, please help!

I'll put some time to it later. thanks for the tip.

As Constantius said. Choose an EoR era and start if you wish...

Hello.
    I'm sorry to say this but I'm afraid I just don't have the time to work on a mod right now. I'd love to help, but now I review my situation irl I need to be concentrating on school etc. I'm sorry for wasting your time.
    Good luck with EoR, I can't wait to see this released..

Hello.
    I'm sorry to say this but I'm afraid I just don't have the time to work on a mod right now. I'd love to help, but now I review my situation irl I need to be concentrating on school etc. I'm sorry for wasting your time.
    Good luck with EoR, I can't wait to see this released..
    Thanks for your kind words mate. Stay tuned .
    Last edited by Alkimachos; February 07, 2012 at 11:23 PM.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Hi, do you guys still need modeller? I have been dying to do Rome-related content.

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Hey Kahvipannu!

We have always need for good modellers Please look inside your pm

Hey guys im not a modeller but i will help you with anything sassanid related or beyond if you wish just pm (older persian names for generals that appear to be adopted etc or just historical stuff)my mother is also working at the university as professor so i can get information from her aswell and i know its offtopic but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtcE3...feature=relmfu from minute 2:50 was just too lazy to go back to the unique building thread

Hi!

We would prefer actually 1st to see an example of your skills my friend... You could make for example a small research about the Sasanian units with pictures and descriptions. After that post on this thread again your work and we'll be here to see it.

Thank you...

sure I might not have time today but tommorrow to do so, sorry for my late reply, when Im finished Ill post here

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    Hi!

We would prefer actually 1st to see an example of your skills my friend... You could make for example a small research about the Sasanian units with pictures and descriptions. After that post on this thread again your work and we'll be here to see it.

Thank you...
    Sorry for having delayed my post, anyway here it is (and please forgive me my bad english grammar)
    Sassanian units: The Cavalary
    The military of Persian empires had vast number of different units, though what they are probably best known for is their Cavalary such as Sassanid Cataphracts or Parthian horsearchers.

Sassanian horseriders (Savaran in persian) consisted of vast different types going from light to very heavily armored units.Every unit had its own banner (derafsh) under which they went into battle.
    Their Savaran units where led by Sardars, some of the most high ranked generals in the army, the only people who had more authority to them where the Sepahbod (Commander in chief of the army or only the cav) and the Shah of Eranshahr himself.
    One of the highest in rank and most well armored and trained unit was the Poshtiban.
    A type of Cataphract that was used as heavy shock cavalary covered in scale armor with an iron or bronze(not really sure what material that might have been) mask covering the face but also served as the Sassanid Shahs own royal bodyguard.
    They wielded a kontos (aprox. 4m long) and a long sword for close combat as most other cataphracts did. Although there had also been Cataphract archers they where rather rare, since this unit was so heavily armored they where not as steady as their lighter horsearcher counterparts and thus not as effective. The Cataphracts equipment was very expensive and only the nobles could afford it, so mostly the Cataphracts where drawn from the royal or noble families of Eranshahr and lowerclass and nomads formed the lighter cavalary.
    Here a quote for more detailed info to Cataphracts armor itself:
    ''On the banks of the Euphrates, at the Ancient Greek location of Dura Europos (fourth century BC, destroyed by the Sassanids in AD256) a well-preserved set of horse’s armour of this period was found. It includes scales for protecting the neck, and larger plates for the animal’s head (chamfrons).....The armour was made of iron scales....about 4 mm thick. They were rounded at the bottom, had two holes on either side, and four more arranged in a square at the top. The scales were held together by bronze wire threaded through the side holes. A set of armour consisted of about 1,300 scales, arranged as 50 scales in 16 lines on each side of the horse. Armour like this, together with the rest of the horse’s equipment, could weigh up to 40 kg/88 lb. There was no armour under the saddle.''

(I have left out some unimportant measures at .... parts of the quote.)

But not only did the Sassanian army field those early ''knights'' of you may call them,
    they even fielded the Poygaspanan Banu, a female horse archer of some type of noble status as they even acted as governess or military leaders.

i will continue this i have alot of sources and im not done reading them as i have exams this and the next week so please forgive me for leaving this incomplete also please tell me how to link pictures(really found alot of nice stuff for cataphracts the poygasp. banus and other units) as it always fails for me on this forum thanks in advance

I would like to see more things from yu my friend and related with 6th century... Search the "Insert Image" icon to put the link of the picture there.

Thank you...

ok sure when i get back home i will do so should i post again in this thread or the Sassanian research thread?

Quote Originally Posted by AfghanKhan View Post
    ok sure when i get back home i will do so should i post again in this thread or the Sassanian research thread?
    Sen' me PM if yu wish... Just try to provide your work with pictures (wherever you can) and descriptions related with the 6th century AD... Then, we'll see...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast