Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TROM3 - Gameplay Questions & Advices

Default Re: TROM3 - Gameplay Questions & Advices

Quote Originally Posted by peank View Post
    Awesome explanations on the unit differences, I think this is something I can try in the game. I havent even tried the matchlock units first (did you remove matchlock samurai?) I shall try it and give feedback in the appropriate section if needed...

In regards to tiredness, I think it would be better if you can make the AI also tire as quick as the players as right now they can run around the map and not be tired. Either that, or maybe make the army recover a tad bit faster. It just seems sluggish right now that my archers are tired just walking short distances to cover different sections of the castle and shooting, only to be decimated by very tired yari samurais that have been running around and climbing the walls...
    Regarding tiredness: Player and AI are subject to the same rules. This may be modified by the difficulty level though.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

I think that garrisons need to be beefed up a bit.

Is it possible to convince the AI to leave some forces guarding it's castles, rather than risking all in a full-on assault, or is that asking too much of the CAI?
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

I'm currently installed TROM3 and very satisfied with this amazing mod.

However I still can't find where and how to build that gorgeous 'Fire Rocket Kobaya'. I've completely upgraded all buildings to legendary level (include Arsenel) and mastered all Arts but there is no menu to build it.

I'm playing with Oda at present. Anyone knows what's going on?

La Bestia Von Garlet's Avatar Tiro

Hello, I have a question: is it correct in this mod that I cannot build a stable?
    How do I recruit battle horses then?

I played this game just a couple of times without the mod, and it was months ago. Now I am back to the game but with this mod.
    Maybe I did something wrong, or the stables were never in the game...
    I don't know what's going on. Please help!

Wundwolf's Avatar Tiro

The stable building tree is disabled in this mod. You can recruit cavalry directly in the dojos (2nd level i think).

Quote Originally Posted by Wundwolf View Post
    The stable building tree is disabled in this mod. You can recruit cavalry directly in the dojos (2nd level i think).
    Thanks for your answer! +rep mate!

One more question: so you can recruit all cavalry from the dojos. Where can I find this information, so I know when I will be able to recruit better horses (for example if I build level 3 of sword dojo?)

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

You can recruit light cav anywhere with yari dojo but for big cav you need the horse resource.

How do you recruit calvary (not light calvary) as the Ikko Ikki? All the dojos for the Ikko Ikki show no calvary types to be recruited except light calvary.

Quote Originally Posted by [G-Shock] View Post
    You can recruit light cav anywhere with yari dojo but for big cav you need the horse resource.
    So I would need a province like the one of Takeda's with horse resource in order to be able to build better horses? mmm
    This means that only few clans can recruit horses and even if I do I must recruit them in only few provinces? This could be a bit unfair.
    But oh well, I am no modder so...

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by La Bestia Von Garlet View Post
    So I would need a province like the one of Takeda's with horse resource in order to be able to build better horses? mmm
    This means that only few clans can recruit horses and even if I do I must recruit them in only few provinces? This could be a bit unfair.
    I think you misunderstand. You can recruit the heavier cavalry from level 2 dojos in any province. You just need access to the horse resource to do it.
    "War is a matter of vital importance to the state; a matter of life or death, the road either to survival or to ruin. Hence, it is imperative that it be studied thoroughly." - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by La Bestia Von Garlet View Post
    If you are trading with anyone who has access to warhorses you will import them and be able to utilise them. It will be the same with your other resources. Incensce for higher level monk buildings and so on.

I havent been able to build any ronin units. playing as togukawa...dlcs units seem to be ok although i havent created the mounted gunners yet. no crashes so far.

i think i can rem fighting some but am not sure why i cant recruit any...(only have around ten techs left to research just on pike and shot atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    I havent been able to build any ronin units. playing as togukawa...dlcs units seem to be ok although i havent created the mounted gunners yet. no crashes so far.

i think i can rem fighting some but am not sure why i cant recruit any...(only have around ten techs left to research just on pike and shot atm).
    Only Ikko Ikki can recruit ronin samurai. All other factions can only get some by chance through a dilemma.

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

Or bribe... I suppose.

Ducenarius

Doesn't look like the Hororemoval mod works along with TROM, is this correct? or is it compatible and I just must not have something set right?

If it is not compatible, is it at all possible, time and energy permitting, in the future to get horoless versions?
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Quote Originally Posted by uos_spo6 View Post
    Doesn't look like the Hororemoval mod works along with TROM, is this correct? or is it compatible and I just must not have something set right?

If it is not compatible, is it at all possible, time and energy permitting, in the future to get horoless versions?
    I never looked into that, so I don't know. Maybe somebody can do a working submod. I myself don't mind the horos.

Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemlozmode View Post
    I myself don't mind the horos.
    They are dandy for riding but I like to get all bushido with my generals and dismount thus bringing the pain more intimately, and horos on foot are so last sengoku

Also just noticing that in doing so my general units can throw torchs at ai arrow towers and set them aflame, very sweet have never seen this before, although i have no fire on my torches so it's looking more like german potatoe masher grenades to be honest!

At any rate, horos and potatoe mashers or no fantastic mod! required fix for shogun 2.

Any tips on this mod-gampelay? or strategies?

I've noticed its a lot harder then vanilla, but i like it. Money mostly seems to be no problem, bu very powerfull other clans pouring in at midgame is rather difficult...
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra? quam diu etiam furor iste tuus nos eludet? quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia?

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

I am curious about some gameplay tips as well My main problem would be the income, i cannot keep up with the CAI, as in build up a economy while turtling and having a army on par (with AI)to defend the territory. Close 2nd would be town management, i am used to market/den combo's everywhere while focusing recruitment in a few key spots. I tend to demolish everything i conquer and use the same town layout almost everywhere, i.e. market first slot, den or building related to town perk in 2nd slot (or in this case the building required for the AOR unit) however demolishing what the AI has build seems a big no no, low cash to rebuild and u lose a potential conquered market/exchange which u cannot rebuild (and thus i cannot move it to the proper building slot so it has the same layout as the rest of the regions)

Any tips on how to tackle this best would be welcome

Ducenarius

If playing on Hard or higher maintaining peace, a requisite for turtling, is incredibly difficult. You can buy time with diplomatic maneuvering somewhat. Make trade agreements asap, within first five to ten turns forge an Alliance or two and definitely marriages are a must. You can get marriages much easier than Alliances even with unfriendly clans.

Besides that careful positioning of your armies can keep hostilities down. I find that my unfavourable neighbors are much less likely to declare war on me if their borders are already threatened. Use agents wisely as well. The sabotage army skill is very very useful. Playing as Hattori i have 4 ninjas right now all level 4 or 5. They proved more useful in ending a war against the Hatano and Asai at same time than my lone full stack army.

At times create yourself a vassal clan instead of keeping a province if it not practically defendable in near future. The AI will usually build up at least a half stack rapidly, then you can split your forces to help defend your vassal against incursions and use most your main force to protect your own provinces.

Regarding tech, pound out some Chi before getting in to the tier 3 bushido techs (aside from getting fire arrows for yourself) Get yourself to Level 3 farms asap before focusing on military techs again.

Other tactics i use to survive are relative to specific clans. I just started a new Ikko Ikki campaign last nite and my initial focus was to bum rush Sado (the small island the Honma clan has) before they got chance to build up their usual 1.5 stacks. I got there just in time for a fair half on half stack fight. They were yari samurai dense and I had many many, archers, yari ashi and just a couple samurai units. Barely won the battle, i separated out a single extra general and Diasho Sam i had in my army to come in separately as reinforcements which ended up being my saving grace. I plan to make Sado my capitol. Going to rush to get Heavy Bunes, try and catch that damn Black Ship and just raid the coastal mainland for awhile for fun and funds. Loot loot loot.

Try Shimazu or Date for relatively smooth easy experiences as well. Their butted up to map end orientation makes them easily defendable at first. Chosokabe are a breeze as well as having the most important resources on island (stone and wood).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast