Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: TROM3 - Feedback and Suggestions

Default Re: TROM3 - Feedback and Suggestions

Has anyone else noticed how ludicrously overpowered cavalry are in this mod? I noticed it whilst playing campaign and then tested it in custom battles, even ashiguru scouts can beat almost any unit in the game by charging directly into the front of them, even spear units. It's such a pity because the rest of the mod is great but the cavalry are just so gamebreakingly overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Elianus View Post
    Is this not already done by their weapon-->role? Do not get me wrong, I really appreciate what you have done with the mod and this is a minor thing (and certainly the modders' choice to make). It just doesn't feel right.....

EDIT: Just played a battle with the Takeda and I noticed that their Tachi Cavalry can't hide in woodland.
    As you said, it's a matter of choice. The bug with the tachi cavalry will get fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by TNstrangelove View Post
    Has anyone else noticed how ludicrously overpowered cavalry are in this mod? I noticed it whilst playing campaign and then tested it in custom battles, even ashiguru scouts can beat almost any unit in the game by charging directly into the front of them, even spear units. It's such a pity because the rest of the mod is great but the cavalry are just so gamebreakingly overpowered.
    My tests are different. Light cavalry looses even against early yari ashigaru. Household tachi cavalry will win with more then half the unit dead (had the yari ashigaru not in spearwall formation). Against nagae-yari ashigaru no cavalry can win a frontal charge, even if the ashigaru are not in spearwall formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    My tests are different. Light cavalry looses even against early yari ashigaru. Household tachi cavalry will win with more then half the unit dead (had the yari ashigaru not in spearwall formation). Against nagae-yari ashigaru no cavalry can win a frontal charge, even if the ashigaru are not in spearwall formation.
    I have repeated the tests and my earlier findings stand. Maybe its just something wrong with my install though so I will try a reinstall.

last time i had time to play (beta 2) i accidentally charged a Takeda light cav frontally into some (early) ashigarus and they barely survived with something like ~80% losses
    "Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living."

Don't know about yari ashigaru. But frontal charge of 2 units naginata household guards in the line of matchlock ashigaru (front of 5-6 units) was a suicide. They were almost annihilated and turned back with 5-7 riders left alive.
    With 30% movement speed reduction almost every melee unit looks pathetic against ranged ones.

some suggestion from guy loving Japanese history.

1.more correct specialty for provinces.
    -Adding gold mine to Kai province.
    Kai was infamous from their gold, Koushukin(Koushu is another name of Kai),
    because they suffered other clans around them by bribing their valuable Samurais and make them betray their former masters. Just like Metsuke doing good job in this game.
    Okubo Nagayasu was famous Metsuke who developed multiple giant gold mine including Sado and embezzled a huge amount of gold, more than Tokugawa shogunate's total budget.
    And he started his career from developing Kai's gold mine serving Takeda Shingen.

-Taking out horse breeder from Mikawa.
    Mikawa never was a notable horse-breeding province. Actually, it should be blacksmith chain or sacred place chain.
    because Mikawa Samurais were lack in number, but famous from their steadfast loyalty and battle skill.

-Divide and correct Tohoku provinces, like Fukushima or northern provinces if possible.
    They have either wrong name or too big.(for example, Fukushima is current province name, not for 16th Century Japanese)

2.Make names of agents&generals more realistic.
    I'm one who tired of playing with generals have randomly generated name and agent having weird Samurai-styled name, regardless of their social class.
    For Generals, I suggest putting real generals who actually served that clan.

Ninjas and Monks have stupid Samurai's name. Monks should have more Kanji-like name, and Ninjas are common people, cannot have Samurai's name.
    and for Females, they have modern girly name, so it looks silly. especially name ending ~ko was only authorized for imperial family or someone extremely noble, until Meiji Restoration.

3.Ikko-ikki ruling Echizen, Hattori clan ruling Iga.
    Hattori clan never was a Daimyo clan but only minor clan serving Tokugawa clan, and they were not Ninjas. Hattori Hanzo was just Samurai leading spies and assasins.
    Iga should be rebel-owned province, because until Nobunaga's Invasion of Iga, it was ruled by local minor warlords and Ninja familys working as mercernary.
    Ikko-ikki never owned certain country. Echizen was domain of Asakura Yoshikage, one of formidable enemy of Oda Nobunaga.
    but in this game, existence of Asakura clan itself is completely forgotten. that is so insane...
    Ikko-ikki should replace buddhist rebels, make them much more powerful and annoying rebel, popping out randomly or certain condition.
    Last edited by lament9582; August 19, 2011 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bydlo View Post
    Don't know about yari ashigaru. But frontal charge of 2 units naginata household guards in the line of matchlock ashigaru (front of 5-6 units) was a suicide. They were almost annihilated and turned back with 5-7 riders left alive.
    With 30% movement speed reduction almost every melee unit looks pathetic against ranged ones.
    That's how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by lament9582 View Post
    some suggestion from guy loving Japanese history.

1.more correct specialty for provinces.
    -Adding gold mine to Kai province.
    Kai was infamous from their gold, Koushukin(Koushu is another name of Kai),
    because they suffered other clans around them by bribing their valuable Samurais and make them betray their former masters. Just like Metsuke doing good job in this game.
    Okubo Nagayasu was famous Metsuke who developed multiple giant gold mine including Sado and embezzled a huge amount of gold, more than Tokugawa shogunate's total budget.
    And he started his career from developing Kai's gold mine serving Takeda Shingen.
    Something I could do, but then Takeda would not have horses from the start.

-Taking out horse breeder from Mikawa.
    Mikawa never was a notable horse-breeding province. Actually, it should be blacksmith chain or sacred place chain.
    because Mikawa Samurais were lack in number, but famous from their steadfast loyalty and battle skill.
    Could be done. I will think about it.

-Divide and correct Tohoku provinces, like Fukushima or northern provinces if possible.
    They have either wrong name or too big.(for example, Fukushima is current province name, not for 16th Century Japanese)
    We can't change the map. What would be a more correct name for Fukushima?

2.Make names of agents&generals more realistic.
    I'm one who tired of playing with generals have randomly generated name and agent having weird Samurai-styled name, regardless of their social class.
    For Generals, I suggest putting real generals who actually served that clan.

Ninjas and Monks have stupid Samurai's name. Monks should have more Kanji-like name, and Ninjas are common people, cannot have Samurai's name.
    and for Females, they have modern girly name, so it looks silly. especially name ending ~ko was only authorized for imperial family or someone extremely noble, until Meiji Restoration.
    No idea if this can be done.

3.Ikko-ikki ruling Echizen, Hattori clan ruling Iga.
    Hattori clan never was a Daimyo clan but only minor clan serving Tokugawa clan, and they were not Ninjas. Hattori Hanzo was just Samurai leading spies and assasins.
    Iga should be rebel-owned province, because until Nobunaga's Invasion of Iga, it was ruled by local minor warlords and Ninja familys working as mercernary.
    Ikko-ikki never owned certain country. Echizen was domain of Asakura Yoshikage, one of formidable enemy of Oda Nobunaga.
    but in this game, existence of Asakura clan itself is completely forgotten. that is so insane...
    Ikko-ikki should replace buddhist rebels, make them much more powerful and annoying rebel, popping out randomly or certain condition.
    You are certainly right with your analyses, but I don't want to take out two playable factions just to achieve some semi historical correctness.

Sorry about weird suggestion. I will focus on things can actually happen.

1.Gold mine in Kai.
    Kai has cavalry specialty already, so I suggest put gold mine in North Shinano. in that way, we can make more interesting situation to clans around North shinano, because they will surely fight for control of Shinano.

2.Blacksmith/famous place in Mikawa.
    Cavalry is too expensive for Tokugawa because they are vassal of Imagawa clan in start.
    but if we give other specialty to Tokugawa, it will be more clear and unique, for Tokugawa clan will be still small but deadly!

Sorry about weird suggestion. I will focus on things can actually happen.

1.Gold mine in Kai.
    Kai has cavalry specialty already, so I suggest put gold mine in North Shinano. in that way, we can make more interesting situation to clans around North shinano, because they will surely fight for control of Shinano.

2.Blacksmith/famous place in Mikawa.
    Cavalry is too expensive for Tokugawa because they are vassal of Imagawa clan in start.
    but if we give other specialty to Tokugawa, it will be more clear and unique, for Tokugawa clan will be still small but deadly!
    It is possible to switch the Pastures with a Gold Mine, and put a horse farm to give Takeda access to horses.
    Now, the question is, what to do with Izu's mine ?

The way I understand it, they (CA) put horse ressource in Mikawa because Tokugawa was a famous horse rider regardless of whether Mikawa was a region providing horses and because Takeda were famed for their cavalry. Since they put horses in Kai, they couldn't add the mine so they put it in the nearest location.

On second thought, it is possible to entirely ditch the pastures and switch them with some other ressources. Main question is, which region was famous for its horses ? Do japanese horses deserve a region ressource ?
    As it is now, there are 5 horse regions scattered around Japan which are required to recruit cavalry. At the same time, it seems most daimyo had no trouble with fielding cavalry. Though I don't know the number they fielded and if they suffered from shortage of horses.

On a totally unrelated note, I'd like to see an AoR Asakura unit and some kisho Iga samurai
    I reign with my left hand, I rule with my right
    I'm lord of all darkness, I'm queen of the night
    I've got the power
    Now do the march of the Black Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Poulp View Post
    On second thought, it is possible to entirely ditch the pastures and switch them with some other ressources. Main question is, which region was famous for its horses ? Do japanese horses deserve a region ressource ?
    As it is now, there are 5 horse regions scattered around Japan which are required to recruit cavalry. At the same time, it seems most daimyo had no trouble with fielding cavalry. Though I don't know the number they fielded and if they suffered from shortage of horses.
    ???? why do we need them as a resource, in TROM 3 there is a farm that can produce horses. so maybe they can be changed out with other resources.
    京都への道は危険な旅です...

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Not entirely sure if my question is historically correct but would it be possible to receive a 'Kantō kanrei' perk similair to the Shogun perk upon conquest of the Kanto (the x number of regions that make up the Kanto) ?

RaikiTaka's Avatar Laetus

Hoi! I'm new here and I must say I absolutely love this mod! I just have one question though: Why do the Takeda start off with a stable when this mod disables that chain? I think they should start off with maybe the sword or archery buildings since historically they did field a lot more samurai per soldier than the other clans

Ducenarius

Come late campaign I am almost ALWAYS short on food due mostly to conquest acquisitions of higher level castles and the limited availability of high tier "trade resource" farms. In order to break even on food I have to frequently bulldoze resource farms and build up to regular top tier farms (land consodlidations) because otherwise I cannot get the full 4 food a farm space can be worth if I leave it as the resource (which are usually stuck on "Small" worth 3 food when conquered).

Think either the limited construction of resource farms being laxed would help this or if possible addition tech advances for food bonus.
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Quote Originally Posted by RaikiTaka View Post
    Hoi! I'm new here and I must say I absolutely love this mod! I just have one question though: Why do the Takeda start off with a stable when this mod disables that chain? I think they should start off with maybe the sword or archery buildings since historically they did field a lot more samurai per soldier than the other clans
    The start witha yari dojo. If you get something else then TROM3 isn't properly installed or there is a conflict with another mod.

Ai spwn WAY WAY too many archers. can you balance the yari/archer abit. not talking about the samuris just the peasants

RaikiTaka's Avatar Laetus

The start witha yari dojo. If you get something else then TROM3 isn't properly installed or there is a conflict with another mod.
    Ok, I reinstalled and it worked fine Thanks Yarkis!

just a question regarding 2 aor units. kono samurai have exaclty the same stats as normal daisho yet cost more upkeep. also togo yari sam same stats but less upkeep.

shouldnt the stats be diff?

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    just a question regarding 2 aor units. kono samurai have exaclty the same stats as normal daisho yet cost more upkeep. also togo yari sam same stats but less upkeep.

shouldnt the stats be diff?
    All AOR units are cheaper in recruitment and upkeep then standard units.

The new tech tree for the next version. What's new and what could it be?

All AOR units are cheaper in recruitment and upkeep then standard units.
    my bad.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; September 03, 2011 at 08:27 AM.