Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TROM3 - Bug Reports & Technical Issues

Default Re: TROM3 - Bug Reports & Technical Issues

Quote Originally Posted by d0nutz View Post
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...620?tab=public

A visual issue on the tech tree page with the added tech "Encouraging investments", merely aesthetic.
    There is a line acroos the actual tech and the (" ") are mispositioned.
    I know, but I can't get rid of it.

Ok cool, I saw your tech pages and didnt see it there, realizing now you might have print screened original ones. :|
    Nevertheless its purely aesthetic as I said.

Quote Originally Posted by d0nutz View Post
    Ok cool, I saw your tech pages and didnt see it there, realizing now you might have print screened original ones. :|
    Nevertheless its purely aesthetic as I said.
    The basic problem of modding S2 is that unlike ETW/NTW you can not overwrite vanilla entries with your own. I don't know why CA/SEGA did it because in previous games with the same engine it wasn't the case. Sometimes I think they just want to stop people from moding their games. Anyway, this is why I can't get rid of it and why I can't make more substantial changes to the tech tree.

When I hover my mouse over a Buddist Temple in the beta, I get info, but when I hover my mouse over a Monastary, I get no info. (In the build menu)
    Same with Castles. I can read the Fortress info, but when I hover my mouse to build a Castle, it's stats don't show up.
    Last edited by Edax; July 25, 2011 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltflak View Post
    When I hover my mouse over a Buddist Temple in the beta, I get info, but when I hover my mouse over a Monastary, I get no info. (In the build menu)
    Same with Castles. I can read the Fortress info, but when I hover my mouse to build a Castle, it's stats don't show up.
    That's because there is too much info in the window and the UI can'r display it. I plan to update the building enzyclopedia, so you can access the building stats there. Or if somebody volunteers to do that he is welcome.

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

Im seeing Castles on the campaign map appear as one level higher then they actually are...is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph07 View Post
    Im seeing Castles on the campaign map appear as one level higher then they actually are...is this normal?
    Yes. It helps to make early armies more varied by allowing mnore buildings.

Hi, great looking mod, just downloaded the files, but I have a couple questions:
    1. If I download this, can I still play other Shogun mods and the vanilla Shogun game as well; like in ETW?
    2. Where do I put the full campaign file into, to install the mod?

Thank You!

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

IT's generally like all other mods. The files you get inside the zip archive are to be placed in the /data folder.
    By adding/removing ALL those files, you switch between modded and unmodded (vanilla) version.

Of course, the instructions are all in the mod download post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Hi, great looking mod, just downloaded the files, but I have a couple questions:
    1. If I download this, can I still play other Shogun mods and the vanilla Shogun game as well; like in ETW?
    2. Where do I put the full campaign file into, to install the mod?

Thank You!
    To answer your questions the best I can, with my limited technical know how. Yes you can still play other mods and vanilla, all you have to do is remove each mod and replace it with the mod you like. Its fairly easy if you can manuever around your files on your hard drive and cut n paste where needed. I myself switch between all three mods, mainly this one and Radious's mod. There are only two or three files that you even need to touch so I can do it in minutes.

Secondly there is no campaign files really, its a couple of pack files you cut n paste into the data folder. Unzip the download and there is a text document with step by step instructions. LoL I think there are 5 and two are to remind you to remove other mods and how to uninstall this one.

Hope this helps

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

Yarkis, thanks for the quick answer. Im using the following mods
    • Elvasat's Event Mod v.06
    • uaisgII 2.2
    • FurinkazanPortraitOnly
    • MOD_ATM_sounds_v1.3
    • TROM3_a_Mercenary_Mongonels_Submod
    • MOD_monthly turn v1.0
    I also doubled the length of research and construction for all non early techs and buildings ( i like slow campaigns) so I thought it could be a million things.
    If all I did was double the values for construction and research times will that mess up the AI at all?

Also, this is by far the best mod for Shogun. What you guys have done with resources is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph07 View Post
    Yarkis, thanks for the quick answer. Im using the following mods
    • Elvasat's Event Mod v.06
    • uaisgII 2.2
    • FurinkazanPortraitOnly
    • MOD_ATM_sounds_v1.3
    • TROM3_a_Mercenary_Mongonels_Submod
    • MOD_monthly turn v1.0
    I also doubled the length of research and construction for all non early techs and buildings ( i like slow campaigns) so I thought it could be a million things.
    If all I did was double the values for construction and research times will that mess up the AI at all?

Also, this is by far the best mod for Shogun. What you guys have done with resources is amazing.
    No, there should be no problem with the AI.

Ducenarius

Aloha, I just DLed the Beta 3 as well as having just DLed the Ikko Ikki and Jidai Unit pack DLC from Steam.

Went to go play a Ikko Ikki campaign annnnd, there is no Ikko Ikki marker present in my New Campaign screen to select them

There is however an option to select them to be played in Custom Battle.

Any ideas or suggestions what my issue may be?
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Are you able to play them in vanilla? try removing the trom 3 mod and running the game. It might turn out to be non mod related.. Just a thought.
    京都への道は危険な旅です...

i own 2 provinces from the imagawa (the imagawa are dead). the roads-tooltip says i can recruit imagawa yari samurai, but they doesnt apear in the recrutation menue. one of the provinces got a yari dojo, the other dont, but this doesnt seem to make a difference...

any ideas? ^^

edit:

i also wiped out two other clans (toku + kita) and cant recruit their AOR units, even if the road-tooltip shows their picture...

every one of these clans had 1 (toku, ima) or 2 (kita) agents on the campaign map when i occupied their last province (maybe the script doesn't treat them as dead cause they had agents...but they disapeard after the death of their clan, of course....).

each of these provinces have a fort btw. the lowest castle building. maybe this could be an issue?

i dont use other mods exept this old blood mod.
    Last edited by Chrysantheme; August 08, 2011 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysantheme View Post
    i own 2 provinces from the imagawa (the imagawa are dead). the roads-tooltip says i can recruit imagawa yari samurai, but they doesnt apear in the recrutation menue. one of the provinces got a yari dojo, the other dont, but this doesnt seem to make a difference...

any ideas? ^^

edit:

i also wiped out two other clans (toku + kita) and cant recruit their AOR units, even if the road-tooltip shows their picture...

every one of these clans had 1 (toku, ima) or 2 (kita) agents on the campaign map when i occupied their last province (maybe the script doesn't treat them as dead cause they had agents...but they disapeard after the death of their clan, of course....).

each of these provinces have a fort btw. the lowest castle building. maybe this could be an issue?

i dont use other mods exept this old blood mod.
    Hm, looks like the script didn't get triggered properly. The imagawa yari samurai should be available in the province with the yari dojo one turn after the Imagawa were wiped out. Do you own the Ikko Ikki DLC?

yes, i got both dlc's.

hm. does the script start when a faction is wiped out or when the player reads (enlarges) the "clan destroyed" message?

- i never klick on the message-buttons to enlarge the message, i read only the title. could this be the issue?

btw, the kitabatake-province has a naginata dojo, so - whatever my mistake was, i have done it twice. ^^

No, the script checks if a faction has a turn, and if so disables the unit that is reenabled at the end of each player turn. So, if a faction is wiped out the unit will stay enabled. I had no problems with that script in my games, so I wonder what may cause this. Did you start a new campaign with beta 3? Did the campaign introductions work properly?

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysantheme View Post
    yes, i got both dlc's.

hm. does the script start when a faction is wiped out or when the player reads (enlarges) the "clan destroyed" message?

- i never klick on the message-buttons to enlarge the message, i read only the title. could this be the issue?

btw, the kitabatake-province has a naginata dojo, so - whatever my mistake was, i have done it twice. ^^
    You're playing Oda, right? I have the exact same problem but only when playing Oda in single player. Weird thing is that I've started two Oda/Tokugawa co-op campaigns and in both AOR worked without problems. I've tried starting single player campaigns with other clans and the script seems to work just fine in those too. It is as if the script doesn't activate properly when playing single player Oda I can see the AOR units when viewing the roads tool-tip but they don't appear in the recruitment tab...

How is single player Oda on your end, Yarkis?
    "War is a matter of vital importance to the state; a matter of life or death, the road either to survival or to ruin. Hence, it is imperative that it be studied thoroughly." - Sun Tzu

exactly, oda + single player. havent tried the other clans yet, i just startet a campaign after some custom battle experiments.

hm. is there something special with oda? maybe a single wrong/missing letter in the script or stuff like that?!

and yes, its the actual version (TROM3 v1.0 BETA 3 - i removed the files from the older version before the instalation of the new beta).

the campaign introductions - the "geisha-advisor" at the beginning was there, but i skipped the stuff until the campaign map apears as usual, could this be an issue?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast