Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TROM3 - Bug Reports & Technical Issues

Default TROM3 - Bug Reports & Technical Issues

Please report any bugs here.

TROM3 Installation

WARNING: DONīT USE THIS MOD IF YOU GO ONLINE TO PLAY WITH YOUR MULTIPLAYER AVATAR BECAUSE SOME CHANGES IN THIS MOD CAN TRIGGER THE ANTI-CHEAT CODE AND RESET YOUR AVATAR!

1. Battle mod only: Install TROM3_Battle_Standalone_Mod.pack and ONE of the movement reduction packs.

2. Full TROM3 Campaign and Battle mod: Install TROM3_Campaign_and_Battle_Mod.pack and ONE of the movement reduction packs. Don't use the standalone battle mod!

We recommend using the TROM3_Movement_Reduction_All30.pack for speed reduction, which works well with the other combat changes. If you like other speeds, you can choose one of the other variant files from the archive. Just make shure you have only one movement reduction pack installed.

All files you want to install need to be copied into ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data .

TROM3 Deinstallation

1. Before deinstalling the mod go to custom battles and remove any TROM3 units from your army lists (otherwise the game will crash in the custom battles menue after you uninstalled TROM3, because it can't find the units saved in the army lists).
    2. Deinstall the mod by removing all files starting with TROM3.

Typical Installation Problems & Questions

Question: Do I need to make any entries into the user script file to install TROM3 correctly?

Answer: No! The pack files are in the movie format and don't need any entries into the user script file.

Problem: The names and descriptions of the new TROM3 units don't show up!

Solution: There is a conflict with another mod. Make shure you uninstall all other mods besides pure graphics, sounds and music mods and mods indicated as beeing compatible with TROM3 in our release thread:

Problem: My game crashes when I want access the custom battle menue!

Solution: This can happen if you have units in the saved army list that no longer exist because you deinstalled a mod with this units. Either install the old mod again and remove all new units from the
    custom army lists or find your ...\The Cretaive Assembly\Shogun2\... directory and clear out the battle_preferences and the army_setups subdirectories.

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR PROFILE NAME\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\...

Windows Vista / Windows 7 : C:\users\YOUR PROFILE NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\...
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; June 01, 2011 at 12:25 AM.

Default Re: TROM3 - Bug Reports & Technical Issues

Good to see this section completely clean.

EDIT: I removed this post because I discovered the problem wasn't with the mod but with the DLC patch.
    Last edited by Skibbles; June 15, 2011 at 12:51 PM.

It requires NO alterations to the user.script. the mod is packaged as a movie.pack file.

and as for your crashing, it may be the DLC. personally I have played 3 60+ turn campaign with Ikko-ikki DLC and trom .75 and not a single hiccup.

Thank you Feldspar. This is a first for me so I'll remove it from the list and hopefully it may help with any issues.

EDIT: Didn't work =(

Bongfu's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbles View Post
    Thank you Feldspar. This is a first for me so I'll remove it from the list and hopefully it may help with any issues.

EDIT: Didn't work =(
    I've run into some spots myself where one of the AI just stops, but this always seems to be in the case where I will take a vassal and they will expand beyond what they normally would. I think it may be something that is an issue with minor clans not actually having a full AI to expand and build a large empire. I could be wrong, but it is always a case of a minor clan stopping my campaigns from continuing because they have expanded to pretty large factions themselves.
    Lorehammer - Team Lead
    A Radious Total War: Warhammer Sub-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Bongfu View Post
    I've run into some spots myself where one of the AI just stops, but this always seems to be in the case where I will take a vassal and they will expand beyond what they normally would. I think it may be something that is an issue with minor clans not actually having a full AI to expand and build a large empire. I could be wrong, but it is always a case of a minor clan stopping my campaigns from continuing because they have expanded to pretty large factions themselves.
    Minor clans basically have the same AI. But some of them have passive/defensive personalities and therefore don't expand much. I don't think minor clans expandanding too miuch can be a source of crashes. Personally I had no crash on the campaign map for a long time now.

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

I played your mod for dozens of hours and never had it crash.

Foederatus

yeah me too. I've had a few crashes with vanilla but TROM hasn't crashed on me yet and I've played it much more than vanilla...
    "War is a matter of vital importance to the state; a matter of life or death, the road either to survival or to ruin. Hence, it is imperative that it be studied thoroughly." - Sun Tzu

hi guys, i really want to try this mod for so long, i tried couple of times to make this work, but i always get a ctd before the intro video, i remove all files from all other mod, i even removed the shogun2 folder in creative assembly folder, but no luck, im hoping someone can help me, thanks in advance.

Question: Is it possible to unlock the camera through a mod?

Quote Originally Posted by tirador View Post
    hi guys, i really want to try this mod for so long, i tried couple of times to make this work, but i always get a ctd before the intro video, i remove all files from all other mod, i even removed the shogun2 folder in creative assembly folder, but no luck, im hoping someone can help me, thanks in advance.
    Validate your installation with Steam. Then just drop the TROM3 files in the data directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltflak View Post
    Question: Is it possible to unlock the camera through a mod?
    You need to edit the preferences script like in NTW:

Code:
    default_camera_type 2; # default_battle_camera <card32>, default battle camera: 0-totalwar 1-rts 2-debug #

hey! when i play as mori i cant recruit the better "Mori bow koboya" with 45 people on it i only get the regular ones, but the ship stack the Mori begins with is a better Mori Bow Koboya. is this intended cause as far as i can see the other ships seems to be more powerful than the other clans.

THX

Playing Chokosabe campaign in one the first turns during Ikko Ikki moves : everything freezes
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra? quam diu etiam furor iste tuus nos eludet? quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia?

Quote Originally Posted by Alair View Post
    hey! when i play as mori i cant recruit the better "Mori bow koboya" with 45 people on it i only get the regular ones, but the ship stack the Mori begins with is a better Mori Bow Koboya. is this intended cause as far as i can see the other ships seems to be more powerful than the other clans.

THX
    Mori ship should only be cheaper and have sligthly less moral. Will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Catilina View Post
    Playing Chokosabe campaign in one the first turns during Ikko Ikki moves : everything freezes
    I often use chosokabe for testing and never had that. Any other mods involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    Mori ship should only be cheaper and have sligthly less moral. Will fix that.

I often use chosokabe for testing and never had that. Any other mods involved?
    No, but lookin' on the main Shogun II it seems to be a mayor problem since the I-I-DLC. Lots of people have problems and crashes now... I've tried uninstalling TROM III, and the only I_I campaign is playable, a random battle jus crashes. With TROM III problems seems I-I-related to...

Although i read a lot about DixX 9 or 10 to be related also.... any help (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...php?t=460448)?

Thanks!
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra? quam diu etiam furor iste tuus nos eludet? quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia?

Sounds like this issue is not mod related then. I myself have no problem yet on my win xp system.

i have stuck the metsuke of tokugawa in the first turns of campaign, maybe is a bug of the game ,or a feature as its inside a zone of control of an army

Quote Originally Posted by webtax View Post
    i have stuck the metsuke of tokugawa in the first turns of campaign, maybe is a bug of the game ,or a feature as its inside a zone of control of an army
    Not something that is created by TROM3. I don't know how to create such a bug...

heh okey, eventually the army moved and unstuck metsuke :p

btw i'm getting my ass kicked, it has been fun , nice mod

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...620?tab=public

A visual issue on the tech tree page with the added tech "Encouraging investments", merely aesthetic.
    There is a line acroos the actual tech and the (" ") are mispositioned.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast