Thread: The Helios: TWC News, issue V

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

Default The Helios: TWC News, issue V

The Helios - Issue V

No, gentle reader, your eyes do not decieve you. The Helios is back and officially Under New Management (that referring to me, Menander) after the dramatic exit of the supremely controversial GrimSta. (Un)fortunately, I will not aspire to fill his lofty shoes. I am instead aiming to be a little less like the kind of guy you would see at a protest rally and more like the kind of fellow one would expect to share a scotch with while discussing, in a manly - yet still meaningful - manner, the events of the day.

Now that the preliminaries are out of the way, I would like to make a brief Public Service Announcement which has been passed down from the site's esteemed Imperator, Archer.

Public Service Announcement runs as follows: STOP DOUBLE POSTING STOP Public Service Announcement ends.

I would, personally, interpret this to mean either one of two things:
    1. That the moderators of this site are growing more than a little tired of merging double posts and would like to draw posters' attention to the 'Edit Button' which is is intended for use by users who post and then suddenly think "Oh no! I just remembered that other brilliantly relevant comment that I was about to share with the community!" These people can now, thanks to the Edit Button, share their comment with the community by editing the very message that they just posted.
    2. Archer has been using telegrams for a long time.

On to the news of the day (or of that elusive time between "what I can remember" and "what's relevant").

In mod news the brilliant Europa Barbarorum team (who never got around to revoking my membership) have released a patch and hotfix for the beta of their eagerly-anticipated mod (current version is now 0.7.3a). EB focusses of historical accuracy and has more perks gameplay-wise than anyonewould have thought possible! The patch and hotfix correct many bugs and adds another level to the rich EB experience (I must admit that I am still yet to finish my Aedui campaign in which I am getting thoroughly owned by the Romani and Arverni)

Speaking of betas, the Rise of Persia beta has already highlighted some major bugs that are currently baing rectified by the team - who have released a fix to correct animation-related bugs, helpign greatly with custom battles. A fix for some major campaign map issues is eagerly awaited by the fans.

The Byzantium: Total War team have just released their fourth preview, showcasing their Crusader units (click here or scroll down, you can't miss it). I can practically hear the slobbering over keyboards now.

In other news the TWC Members Map is plotting the location of TWCers worldwide - all the better for scary men to stalk you with! Sign up today - I know I have!

TWC members are a wonderfully friendly bunch - at present we're introducing ourselves, discussing what music we'd like played at our funerals and describing our dreams in the Thema Devia forum.

In the 'Pit (our aptly named politics forum), imb39 has provided a welcome relief from the multitude of threads talking about the relationship between Muslims and the West by posting a tongue-in-cheek article entitled "The Homosexual Agenda!"

Also in the 'Pit, the consensus seems to be that 9/11 was not 'overdone' but MasterAdnin continues to defend his views.

That's the news for today, TWC.

This was Menander, who is still searching for a classy sign-off line.
    Last edited by Saint-Germain; March 07, 2006 at 03:08 AM.
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

Thank you for the public service telegram...

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Also in the 'Pit, the consensus seems to be that 9/11 was not 'overdone' but MasterAdnin continues to defend his views. Moderators are standing by.
    I think he means....

Also in the 'Pit, where moderators are standing by, the consensus seems to be that 9/11 was not 'overdone' but MasterAdnin continues to defend his views..

Otherwise, great issue

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

No, the quotations are correct first time, TBN...
    Good one, though, and I'm glad to see my client running the show!

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

That was short.... but sweet.

Peter

GambleFish's Avatar Campidoctor

Yay! My thread got a mention!

Great Article! =)
    Last edited by GambleFish; March 07, 2006 at 03:08 PM.
    The fail whale.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
    ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
    ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

Quote Originally Posted by Squeakus Maximus
    No, the quotations are correct first time, TBN...
    Good one, though, and I'm glad to see my client running the show!
    Yeah, I thought I'd changed that. Changed now, anyway. And it's good to be running the show, SM

I can confirm that this is, at present, a one-man thing and that the next issue will comeout in a couple of day or whenever I can be bothered.

Edit: Do we like the new presentation style? And Rahl's 1337 banner? (I you Rahl)
    Last edited by Saint-Germain; March 07, 2006 at 04:16 AM.
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

It's 1337! Why don't I have an Eagle Standard banner?

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Did you ask him? That always helps...

né Menander

Very good Menander, you replaced me admirably I think a protest rally was perhaps a little harsh though.

And no, im not back for good - I was...I am browisng at college just now saw Menanders excellant first issue and thought i would post my thoughts on it, good work mate, very good indeed

Oh, and sorry about my...err.....actions? yeah, thats the right word. Sorry lads but I was under a variaty of stresses, most of them are unfortunatly drug induced.....

Keep up the good work, and im pleased to see the Helios up and running again.

Grim!

He's back! Thanks for the vote of confidence, mate

Sorry about the protest rally. It was the best I could come up with in a limited time... I hope to see you around again sometime.
    né Menander

heh. I guess I kinda am......the damn TWC Crack adiction just couldnt get let go of could it :laughing:

Ok, Ok, Ok - looks like this horse crossed the finishing line and is now back for good then..............*sigh*

I dont want my old account unlocked though.......I dont deserve to be a civ anymore, let alone a patrician but i still want the account there and left at its current rank, I need something to be proud about ;P

Snaxx? is the new me. Hello World.

Syntax Error's Avatar Miles

Good issue, appreciate your efforts in doing this.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by snaxx?
    Very good Menander, you replaced me admirably I think a protest rally was perhaps a little harsh though.

And no, im not back for good - I was...I am browisng at college just now saw Menanders excellant first issue and thought i would post my thoughts on it, good work mate, very good indeed
    Is it odd seeing one not done by you? Heh, I know it is odd to see others do jobs that were once mine.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

sort of, but ill get over it :laughing:
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey