Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (The Last Kingdom) AAR Preview - Jarldom of Vestfold: Chronicle +++ (new content!) +++

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Default Re: AAR Preview - Jarldom of Vestfold: Chronicle +++ (new content!) +++

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    I did check every other thread and this is this same line that is being spun in all of them: for months.

BTW Haughty condescension does little to salve the anxiety of fans.

Should probably read what I said again...
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Skep's Avatar Civis

So what is the difference between Denmark, Vestfold and Hordaland. I saw Hordaland had the billmen unit. What are the other faction specials? Is it only units or also buildings?

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Each of those factions has it's onw unique weapon - the Billmen for Hordaland for example, as you say. But, you shall just have to wait and see I'm afriad

Different VC, obviously
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Thanks for all of your kind words mates

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

I just got an urge to reinstall med2 and i was looking the forum for some good mods, when i stumbled upon this mod. From what i have gathered reading the posts, this mod is very close to release, i wont wish you good luck since i have the impression that it's success is imminent!

I have to say i am really looking forward to it!!

Harðurāðaz's Avatar Senator

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Svensk Viking View Post
    hahahaha
    But seriously Svensk stop bludging around and come help with the mod!!! haha

Sorry mate... too much work with the mod and with starting a new job tomorrow to continue. At least for now.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Shouting "MOAR!!!" here in Denmark is calling for your mom...often heard from children. Deriving from the word "mor" which means mom in Danish. At first I thought Skeletor was calling for his mom.

You are showing off with this AAR. We all are waiting for mod and this perfect AAR is making my hard to be patient.

+rep danova
    Last edited by Ostrogoth; June 06, 2011 at 11:52 AM.

All of christendom will be awed...

Well, I'm definitely impressed, this is a nice way of doing previews - it builds excitement, but limits wishful thinking/unrealistic expectations to a more reasonable degree than just leaving people drooling over beautiful units or a feature list.

Quote Originally Posted by jackx View Post
    All of christendom will be awed...

Well, I'm definitely impressed, this is a nice way of doing previews - it builds excitement, but limits wishful thinking/unrealistic expectations to a more reasonable degree than just leaving people drooling over beautiful units or a feature list.
    And there is less chance to be disappointed

Nice AAR.

But i have one question. Would not be better to call your guy in Chapter 3 "Dire Wolf" then "Twilight Wolf" ? I personally had never read about a twilight wolf.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Marcus don`t be driving the makers back to the drawing board this close to release haha we have been waiting long enough haha

And the Pictures look brilliant its a credit to the hard work of the mod team.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    Nice AAR.

But i have one question. Would not be better to call your guy in Chapter 3 "Dire Wolf" then "Twilight Wolf" ? I personally had never read about a twilight wolf.
    Twilight Wolf is the name of one of the Berserkers under King Haraldr Fairhair, Kveldulf Twilight-Wolf. That's why I called the chapter Twilight Wolf

Yes i know, but i was wondering if this is really the correct translation, cause i never read about guys who have this nickname

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Yes i know, but i was wondering if this is really the correct translation, cause i never read about guys who have this nickname
    Yes, Kveldulf literally means "Evening-" or "Twilight Wolf"
    From Old Norse Kveld meaning "evening" and the suffix -ulfr meaning "wolf".

I've got two points:
    1. Kveld = Evening while Skumring = Twilight
    2. To be honest it's not his fitting to translate his name Kveldulf. E.g Skalla-Grimr could be translated as it was his nickname Skalla which means bald. Grimr turned bald at a very early age, earning his nickname Skalla-Grim forever after. And his name Grimr could be translated to ugly...So I wouldn't be fond of having Bald-Ugly running around on my campaign map
    Last edited by Úlfhéðinn; August 13, 2011 at 02:55 AM.

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12