Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (The Last Kingdom) AAR Preview - Jarldom of Vestfold: Chronicle +++ (new content!) +++

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default (The Last Kingdom) AAR Preview - Jarldom of Vestfold: Chronicle +++ (new content!) +++

Jarldom of Vestfold AAR: Chronicle
    AAR Preview by heathen_storm

Prequel of War: The Beginning

The skies across Britain had begun to turn black. The Emerald Isles were about to be thrown into utter chaos, as the tides of war would envelop the land. The Saxon kingdoms lay dormant, waiting for their time to strike against eachother for dominance. But across the sea, in the cold lands of the Northmen, armies gathered and prepared to attack. The two great Jarls of Norway, Harald Tanglehair and Erik of Hordaland prepared to battle it out for supremacy of Norway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter I: The Calm before the Storm

A loud bang resounded through the shield hall. A small group of men - warriors, by their chainmail and swords - gathered at Jarl Harald Tanglehair's table. "The time is NOW, father!" exclaimed Eirik Bloodaxe, the son of the great Jarl. "We must strike, and destroy Erik and his kin now, while we have the chance! Kill him before he kills us!"
    "Calm yourself, Eirik. We do not have the gold or the manpower to defeat Erik now," warned Guthorm, - called the Honest by friends and enemies alike - as he looked into Eirik's glaring eyes. "Great Jarl, we must keep trading with the people around us. The Danes are close, and the Franks are rich. Send out Sulke, allow him to gain us the money we need."
    Eirik and Guthorm began to argue while the entire shield hall watched in anxiety. A tall, brooding man near Harald stood silently. With a nod from Harald, he stepped in between the pair, who instantly backed off. Kveldulf the "Twilight Wolf" was a man to truly be feared, known by all as one of the Ulfheđinn, or "Wolf Coats".
    "Knock it off. We've got a war at hand, and you two cannot stop squabling like seagulls? You two will be the death of us." Upon saying this, Harald Tanglehair stood up, instantly silencing the massive crowd. He commanded authority with every step, word and look from his eyes.
    "My warriors... My landsmen.... My son - Guthorm speaks the truth. We must bide our time. Sulke, go speak with the Danes and the Franks. See if you can gain us a few trading posts. Guthorm, go to Skiringssalr, and tend to building up our Capital. We need a good city to give us troops for our conquest. Erik and Kvedulf, you will each lead an army to take land from Hordaland - this is my will. Go now. Next season begins the war.

Default Re: AAR Preview - Jarldom of Vestfold: Chronicle

Chapter II: War on the Horizon

Meanwhile, across the sea, a young warrior prepared to take more land for the crown. Skalla-Grimmr Hunger - a true bear of a man - had departed from Norway on a massive Orm not long ago with Haraldr Jarl's blessing. He reached the island of Orkneyjar, and upon exploring the island a bit, stumbled upon the small village of Kirkjuvágr. His warriors surrounded the town at nightfall, unbeknownst to the sleeping townfolk.
    "Ready the men," Skalla-Grimmr said coldly, "we attack at dawn."

When the battle was over, Skalla-Grimmr assessed his losses. While only 50 of his men had fallen, they had taken nearly 600 with them. "May they find themselves in Valhalla, feasting at Odin's table."

Back in Norway, the tides were turning. One of Harald's landsmen, Thorolf, overtook the settlement North of Skiringssalr. Suddenly, war had begun. Harald and Eirik made their move, surrounding Eikundarsund and trapping three of Hordaland's jarls. With a combined force of over 2500, they stormed the village.

"Men - do not fear death! For what is there to fear about feasting and drinking with the gods until Ragnarok? So fight, my warriors - and if you die, then maybe I shall join you in the Golden Hall. To Valhalla!" Jarl Harald's battlecry resounded from the buildings ahead filling his army with adrenaline.

The shield wall was formed, and they began to march.

As Harald's troops collided with the enemy, and Bloodaxe's troops pincered them.

The battle dragged on, until suddenly, low and behold!

The enemy General had been killed. He was a worthy adversary, and should be respected as such.

Last edited by danova; May 27, 2011 at 07:01 AM.

Chapter III: Twilight

As Kveldulf Twilight-Wolf stared at the walls in front of him, his eyebrows furrowed worriedly. One of his close friends - and bodyguards - stood near him.
    He waited anxiously, knowing all too well of the anger that seethed beneath the skin of the mighty Twilight Wolf. Kveldulf picked up one of his spears and threw with all his might towards the taunting defenders. They watched the spear sail through the air like a feather, before hitting its mark. A scream echoed up towards them as the spear impaled one of the enemies to his own wall.
    Kveldulf turned around and growled, "Rouse the men. I'm sick of waiting."
    "But my lord," his guard said hesitantly, "they will have the advantage. Our forces are even, and we will be forced to assault them on their terms."
    Kveldulf whirled around angrily.
    "I said we will attack now! Trust in my judgment, or I shall smite you down as I have done to many others."
    The man shrank back timidly.
    "Yes lord.... I will go ready them."
    Kveldulf looked back towards the wall towards his mortal enemies.
    "I will destroy you... I swear by ODIN!"
    His curse echoed across the valley and the sea. It was time....

Morning came, and smoke rose from Avaldsnes. Kveldulf's oath had rung true. His enemies hung from the walls and the gallows. The people of the town bowed to him - and in turn, Jarl Harald.

Across the sea, a new alliance formed. Vestfold and Denmark - two of the most powerful realms in the world - joined forces as one.

01. Reserved!

02. Reserved!

03. Reserved!

04. Reserved!

05. Reserved!

Skep's Avatar Civis

Default Re: AAR Preview - Jarldom of Vestfold: Chronicle +++ (new content!) +++

AWESOME

Had the Hard is a good name.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

So the mod is ready then?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by General_Meevious View Post
    Had the Hard is a good name.
    lol be better if his son was Semi the Sami

Awesome.

Looks like a release is close. Which is exciting!

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    So the mod is ready then?
    Sigh, please check the other threads first before asking such a question, mate...

The Mod is virtually 99.9% complete, everything is just being brought together for release. The very last checks are being made while the final threads are tethered!

Wont be long, promise.

- Celtic
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

I've never been so excited for a mod's release.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Nice AAR
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post
    Sigh, please check the other threads first before asking such a question, mate...

The Mod is virtually 99.9% complete, everything is just being brought together for release. The very last checks are being made while the final threads are tethered!

Wont be long, promise.

- Celtic
    I did check every other thread and this is this same line that is being spun in all of them: for months.

BTW Haughty condescension does little to salve the anxiety of fans.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

NOW, i really can not wait any longer o0

Himster's Avatar Praeses

It's like a bully teasing a baby: "Look I got candy, candy, candy mmm, tastes so ooo good". Waving it in our faces, licking it, telling us how good it tastes. Then you tell us that you've got some candy for us, we just have to wait one more second, nearly there, almost almost just one second, half a second. It's 99% ready. Nah.

Ok, one second, just a little longer, a little longer, half a second. Nope, the candy isn't ready yet, you only have to wait one second dammit. grrrrrr.
    -Betrand Russell

Recon's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    It's like a bully teasing a baby: "Look I got candy, candy, candy mmm, tastes so ooo good". Waving it in our faces, licking it, telling us how good it tastes. Then you tell us that you've got some candy for us, we just have to wait one more second, nearly there, almost almost just one second, half a second. It's 99% ready. Nah.

Ok, one second, just a little longer, a little longer, half a second. Nope, the candy isn't ready yet, you only have to wait one second dammit. grrrrrr.
    lol +rep

Bahh-Bahh-Bahh!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast