Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AAR Preview - Duchy of Normandy: The Exiled Vikings +++ (new content!) +++

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: AAR Preview - Duchy of Normandy: The Exiled Vikings +++ (new content!) +++

Quote Originally Posted by Avetis View Post
    basically he couldn't be Frankish lord at 865 )
    yes but this is a game ('s mod), not the RealyHistorySociety ...

Default Re: AAR Preview - Duchy of Normandy: The Exiled Vikings +++ (new content!) +++

That's clear, as any mod, any historical game at all
    Just stating a fact

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

basically he couldn't be Frankish lord at 865 )
    And why not? The Frankish empire had been around for centuries before this? The west franks owned what is now nomandy! So it is perfectly feasible that a minor lord in normandy itself, only 10-20 years after it was annexed by the northmen, would be frankish!

Ubermomo's Avatar Libertus

So if theres the East Franks, wheres the West Franks?

There isnt much of france itself on the map, so they didnt warrent a faction

Quote Originally Posted by BLIP99 View Post
    And why not?
    Maybe because Duchy of Normandy didn't exist at 865?

It was founded at ~911 by agreement of the Karl III and the Normans
    Last edited by Avetis; July 16, 2011 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetis View Post
    Maybe because Duchy of Normandy didn't exist at 865?

It was founded at ~911 by agreement of the Karl III and the Normans
    Again, not my problem, ask danova why the duchy exists at this time, or, in that particular campaign of mine something stuffed up and the date was set at 865... I cant remember the correct start date...

Danova already answered
    yes but this is a game ('s mod), not the RealyHistorySociety ...

I've just answer to your question "And why not?"

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The historical correct MOD is illusion, with the medie engine, with "historical" correct units, building, events, characters, music, names... and this an illusion what lasts until the first turn only! The atmosphere, that is the essence!

Offcourse Danova, but it is in the most cases the wish of the Mod-Usern, try to make it as much historical as possible. The name was just a little detail i saw, and yes not really important, but maybe this is something that could be changed in later versions.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Ubermomo's Avatar Libertus

So Rollo was the first ruler of Normandy (911), so wouldnt it be plausible that 865 would could be a possible starting date for the Normans, you wouldnt expect all the Normans (formely vikings) just to flood into Normandy when Rollo was created ruler of this new state. What i mean is, the normans at 865 in this mod were most likely the first Viking settlers, the precursor to the Normans

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    The historical correct MOD is illusion, with the medie engine, with "historical" correct units, building, events, characters, music, names... and this an illusion what lasts until the first turn only! The atmosphere, that is the essence!
    As i sad, I don't see any problem with this.
    just concluding the facts at all

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermomo View Post
    So Rollo was the first ruler of Normandy (911), so wouldnt it be plausible that 865 would could be a possible starting date for the Normans, you wouldnt expect all the Normans (formely vikings) just to flood into Normandy when Rollo was created ruler of this new state. What i mean is, the normans at 865 in this mod were most likely the first Viking settlers, the precursor to the Normans
    Na what you said is exactly what happened Rollo and Sigfred sacked paris and to stop the viking raids on his territory the frankish emperor signed a treaty with Rollo and gave him land in what is now normandy, all at once, And Rollo became his vassal and pledged to protect the coast from further viking raids

oh and in other news

I AM GOING TO BE CONTINUING THIS AAR UPON THE AWESOMENESS OF THE LAST KINGDOM RELEASE!!!!

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice ARR !

Thankyou, this is on hold until i finish my work on the Heddin Vedr mod, but after that i should have some time free

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123