Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CA/SEGA Customer Support - An Experiment

Default Re: CA/SEGA Customer Support - An Experiment

With this kind of argumentation anyone could justify any still existing bug in the game as "working as intended" if hes not interested in a fix.
    No.
    If there is a funds limit and the game allows the player to break it somehow, that does not work as intended and is a bug. If you can't distribute skill points although the documentation says you should, that's not working as intended and is a bug.
    If you're not allowed to capture an enemy artillery piece with your own crew, you can say that you should be able to do that, but it's working as designed.

back it up with substantial reasons or evidence
    In the Encyclopedia page for "Battle List", it says "Battle List battles do not count against the Leaderboard or Clan Competition, but will allow the upgrading of your avatar, the exploration of provinces and all other avatar progression".
    So I guess you're right, it's a bug. Classic Battles shouldn't be available from the Battle List at all

But seriously, there is no reason at all to put Classic and Avatar battles together; people play either one or the other. The easiest thing I can think of is the battle list remembering what filter you chose in your last session.
    I'm sure CA has numbers on how many people play avatar and how many classic, and there aren't enough classic people around to make a design change worthwhile. It may in turn result in more players starting with classic by tricking them into those games; but really, why would CA want that?
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I'm sure CA has numbers on how many people play avatar and how many classic, and there aren't enough classic people around to make a design change worthwhile.
    Even if those numbers existed, which I highly doubt, this data would be statistically insignificant because the variables are completely messed up. Why? Because those numbers do not show how many players would like to play or are potentially interested in classic, but only how many are actually able to play through clansnetworks. Try hosting a classic battle and wait for casual players to join. You can sit and wait for hours and get no game running. Simply because most/all players, especially casual players have their filter on all and most probably never tried classic filter or tried 2/3x, waited for and hour, got no game and never tried again.

Once again, the popularity of avatar conquest at the moment is not because all players want to play it per se, but from the abscence of the practical possibility to get games done on classic. If you like avatar thats fine, I know lots of people who prefer classic. And the community should have a choice in the way that classic is fully supported with full accessability and on equal terms to avatar mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucullus View Post
    Even if those numbers existed, which I highly doubt
    They do, there was a statistics post some time ago (for SP, but I have also seen a post about them even knowing what units are used how often).

those numbers do not show how many players would like to play or are potentially interested in classic
    Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    It may in turn result in more players starting with classic by tricking them into those games; but really, why would CA want that?
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

why would CA want that
    Because this is business and customer support is everything for a company, especially in IT.

It's simply because customers are turning their backs to businesses that do not deliver value. And good customer service adds value. There's no way around it. No shortcuts. Customers demand value for money, or they are out of the door.

And if customers feel bad about how he or she has been treated, she will tell her friends about it. Or even worse, drop a note in a user group or other forum that is heavily trafficked. Each complaint hurts reputation and sales.

On the other hand, if you deliver good customer support, this same mechanism could work really well for you. In the meantime, you're converting ordinary customers into lifetime ustomers, just by delivering good service and take all wishes serious.
    Last edited by Lucullus; May 28, 2011 at 04:25 AM.

agree with Lucullus

^^same for me..

BTW...if you klick friendly Battles you can rlly see "all" games running.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vaenson View Post
    BTW...if you klick friendly Battles you can rlly see "all" games running.....
    Of course. He wants CA to redesign the game to save two clicks a day.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

What vaenson posted just prooves that it is a filter bug.

He wants CA to redesign the game to save two clicks a day.
    Yet another meaningless and destructive phrase in complete ignorance of the problem. I will avoid to call it trolling but you are just looking for provocation and derailing of the topic. If you are not able to provide any productive input and just go for your personal agenda which is very obviously the end of classic battle mode then please leave this thread.
    Last edited by Lucullus; May 28, 2011 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucullus View Post
    What vaenson posted just prooves that it is a filter bug.

Yet another meaningless and destructive phrase in complete ignorance of the problem. I will avoid to call it trolling but you are just looking for provocation and derailing of the topic. If you are not able to provide any productive input and just go for your personal agenda which is very obviously the end of classic battle mode then please leave this thread.
    daniu is right, what your asking for in the OP is nothing more than a UI change. There is nothing wrong with the setup as is and you claim its broken and want it fixed.

And what vaenson said is half correct, if you want to play your friends, you should know what game they are playing (mod, classic, or avatar) and thus that answers why friendly battles shows all. Just accept defeat that you cant afford to take time out of your life for 2 clicks to get somewhere that no one else has complained about.

Let CA fix whats broken, not what you think is broken.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    In the Encyclopedia page for "Battle List", it says "Battle List battles do not count against the Leaderboard or Clan Competition, but will allow the upgrading of your avatar, the exploration of provinces and all other avatar progression".
    So I guess you're right, it's a bug. Classic Battles shouldn't be available from the Battle List at all
    If we doing English play, that interpretation is off. No where does that exclude the presence of classic mode in battle list. Battle list with both avatar and classic mode still allow you to upgrade your avatar. A bag of green and orange chips does allow you to pick out orange chips. A bag of "all chips" on the other hand never properly mean "all green chips only"

Whether you know it or not, there's sizable part of the community that want classic mode. Even if there's statistic that said more people play avatar mode, it means nothing per individual. The filter is bug and CA can not understand English that "all" means "all" to the on looker. They can imagine whatever they intended to means in their own free time.

Quote Originally Posted by VersionLangley View Post
    If we doing English play, that interpretation is off. No where does that exclude the presence of classic mode in battle list. Battle list with both avatar and classic mode still allow you to upgrade your avatar. A bag of green and orange chips does allow you to pick out orange chips. A bag of "all chips" on the other hand never properly mean "all green chips only"

Whether you know it or not, there's sizable part of the community that want classic mode. Even if there's statistic that said more people play avatar mode, it means nothing per individual. The filter is bug and CA can not understand English that "all" means "all" to the on looker. They can imagine whatever they intended to means in their own free time.
    If it was bug, then under battle type, there would be something other than land, sea, and siege. There would be classic, but if classic was there, there would be no way to tell what type of classic battle it was, land, sea, and siege. Therefore, it is not bugged and you are all wrong. Go ahead and switch the filter to all, how could you tell if any of the list were classic, you cant because it wasnt designed that way. What column is bugged that would show classic battles? The answer is none because the UI is not bugged. You lose your argument.
    Visit my Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by AlfonsoVIII View Post
    And what vaenson said is half correct, if you want to play your friends, you should know what game they are playing (mod, classic, or avatar) and thus that answers why friendly battles shows all. Just accept defeat that you cant afford to take time out of your life for 2 clicks to get somewhere that no one else has complained about.

Let CA fix whats broken, not what you think is broken.
    have you read the OP or previous posts m8?
    The reason why we want the workable filter is so that casual players can see them. Friends does not appear all the time at same gmt, and in no way anyone want to manage a list of 1000+ friends

The bug filter severely restrict traffic to classic mode. There's a lot of players who want it fix and simply dont have the time make a constant post here. So plz don't casually say that no one want it fix

Quote Originally Posted by AlfonsoVIII View Post
    If it was bug, then under battle type, there would be something other than land, sea, and siege. There would be classic, but if classic was there, there would be no way to tell what type of classic battle it was, land, sea, and siege. Therefore, it is not bugged and you are all wrong. Go ahead and switch the filter to all, how could you tell if any of the list were classic, you cant because it wasnt designed that way. What column is bugged that would show classic battles? The answer is none because the UI is not bugged. You lose your argument.
    That just means the game is more bug and more need to fix. They should add in label "classic land", classic naval, avatar naval, avatar land etc.
    Since when does "all" suddenly not mean "everything" because of improper labels?
    Last edited by VersionLangley; May 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM.

yes i read the thread, the OP wants it fixed, but its not broken, therefore it doesnt need fixed.

but if they want to redo the whole battlelist, then I am fine with it, but the OP thinks its bugged right now, which it is not.
    Visit my Youtube Channel

...yes yes...just show "All" games in one list in a manner that you can see what kind of game it is...
    And this List should be the default List....and fair to everybody....Avatar & Classical Gamers.

DOT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12