Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA/SEGA Customer Support - An Experiment

Icon10 CA/SEGA Customer Support - An Experiment

@ customersupportuk@soe.sega.co.uk

Hello CA,

classic battles are still not visible in the battlelist under filter "all". You have to set filter to classic battles to be able to see them this only very few players join these games. Actually only through invitation. Please fix this so classic battles will be visible under filter "all" as well. It would be a shame if this game mode would be further alienated.

Best regards

Lucullus

Added: 2 Screenshots about the subject

Reference link on Total War forum: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/18827-Classic-battles-still-not-visible-in-battlelist

Default Re: CA/SEGA Customer Support - An Experiment

Acknowledgement of enquiry
    Reference: [xxxx-xxxxxxxx]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We confirm that your message has reached our service on 26 May 2011 at 19:49:10. You will receive a response within 2 working days.

Kind regards,

Sega

Mmm... dude you are aware that SEGA did't make this game, CA did, right ?
    you started you email with Hello CA, but sent it to SEGA...
    With Total war since original Shogun, made my life better!
    My videos about Total War on YouTube :
    https://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof

CA got customer service?
    Your resistance only makes my penis harder!

GambleFish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Pedophillip View Post
    CA got customer service?

The fail whale.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
    ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
    ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Pedophillip View Post
    CA got customer service?

Great Joke!

You could probably write (the old fashioned way, using paper and a pen) to them here

The Creative Assembly
    Spire Court
    Albion Way
    Horsham
    West Sussex
    RH12 1JW

(infact, if many of us did this, completely spammed their offices with our complaint mail/suggestion mail/rant mail etc, maybe they will pull finger from backsides, stop releasing dlc and start fixing there bloody games)

Hey, if any of you are lucky (unlucky ) enough to live in Horsham, you could also just drop it in to their offices yourself, map is here

KittySN's Avatar Senator

Yeah, Sega is the owner/publisher of CA. They're not the creators. They'll have no idea what you're talking about.

No, he's right, on the official forum CA gave SEGA's email address for support queries too.

But OP won't have any luck with this because what he complains about is not a bug, it's working as intended.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Ye...CA only have an info e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    But OP won't have any luck with this because what he complains about is not a bug, it's working as intended.
    I'm not following...how is "All" intended to not include all hosted game? Classic mode game is hosted game

Quote Originally Posted by VersionLangley View Post
    I'm not following...how is "All" intended to not include all hosted game? Classic mode game is hosted game
    Pretty sure the designers meant "all" to mean "all avatar" here.
    Avatar is the mode in which MP is meant to be played in S2, classic is just a leftover and for use in tournaments I guess.

Seems to be accepted by the majority too, I only know of two or three people who prefer classic.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

however, the filter doesn't say "all avatar"; it said "all"
    If they want an "all avatar" they can put in that additional filter. "All" simply mean All with no separate definition

And no m8 perhaps you're in some different circle, but over here, a lot prefer classic mode. Some replay databases, they all in classic mode. I can only see Jmartin database contain avatar base replays.
    Last edited by VersionLangley; May 27, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

it is bull crap but i do believe it is working as intended as well. and no i don't agree with it, but if u ask me CA is trying to kill off classic mode and this is one way to do it.
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

however, the filter doesn't say "all avatar"; it said "all"
    If they want an "all avatar" they can put in that additional filter. "All" simply mean All with no separate definition
    The button means what they want it to mean is the point here, whatever it says.

And no m8 perhaps you're in some different circle, but over here, a lot prefer classic mode.
    Where is "here"?
    If you're referring to TWC, I'm curious how you come to that conclusion, since every single topic is about avatar mode. Official forum too.
    Even most of the high level old school clans (like Aggony and Wolves) play mostly avatar mode, and they were somewhat prejudiced about it beforehand, IIRC.
    I understand Lucullus and you are in TWR... still preferring classic mode is indeed very rebellious of you

Some replay databases, they all in classic mode. I can only see Jmartin database contain avatar base replays.
    Replay DBs of tournaments or what? I did say tourneys are still mostly classic... and if you play in a tourney, you don't really need to see "all" games to find your current match, do you?
    Haven't seen many Youtube vids of classic (but haven't been looking for new channels lately either tbh).
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

@dmcheatw...dunno why they want to kill it. It add more variety to the MP experience beside the avatar mode

The button means what they want it to mean is the point here, whatever it says.
    True...but the casual players don't look to know what CA want it to mean. Players see "all" and it means all
    Where is "here"?
    If you're referring to TWC, I'm curious how you come to that conclusion, since every single topic is about avatar mode. Official forum too.
    Even most of the high level old school clans (like Aggony and Wolves) play mostly avatar mode, and they were somewhat prejudiced about it beforehand, IIRC.
    I understand Lucullus and you are in TWR... still preferring classic mode is indeed very rebellious of you
    Ye...that was unclear. No I don't mean TWC nor official forum, I meant the community I usually play with and watch replays of. I can only see Aggony and Wolves play avatar, a lot of old school clan are playing classic mode. French clans stream tv only classic mode. I only join TWR recently (1 week). Before that classic mode is still prefer choice.
    Replay DBs of tournaments or what? I did say tourneys are still mostly classic... and if you play in a tourney, you don't really need to see "all" games to find your current match, do you?
    Haven't seen many Youtube vids of classic (but haven't been looking for new channels lately either tbh).
    No...tourney games are hardly published. Casual games are also classic. Occasionaly if we don't have enough member it will be impossible to find passer by as the lobby chat is not global
    Last edited by VersionLangley; May 27, 2011 at 04:25 PM.

True...but the casual players don't look to know what CA want it to mean. Players see "all" and it means all
    Yeah, that's what I mean. CA wants casual players to play avatar. Like dmcheatw says, they do want to kill it off basically.
    They do have a point, the MM at least only works if there are enough people around to play it, so there's no reason to give people any incentive to not use it.

So what I'm saying is Lucullus might as well start lobbying for a change of the text on that button.
    I know that's missing the mark, but he is on a lost mission as is.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

the MM at least only works if there are enough people around to play it, so there's no reason to give people any incentive to not use it.
    Thats an invalid argument. If that was the reason they would have to kill off hosted battles/battlelist completely. It makes no difference for MM if players play hosted avatar or classic battles thus there is no logical reason to alienate classic in the hosted battlelist. all is all, simple.
    Last edited by Lucullus; May 27, 2011 at 04:38 PM.

With the current avatar, it driving off players as buggy as it is. You can see players complain about OP/useless upgrades and cuztomization all the time. It drive the game balance completely off
    If CA indeed try to kill off classic to support avatar, then their plan is backfiring

I'm just explaining things as they are, whether you agree or not.
    Why they don't include classic in "all" doesn't matter; they don't want to. Simple.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I'm actually positively surprised about the unit balance in avatar mode. Adding skill points makes the unit more useful and their relative cost increase seems to balance it out perfectly well in most cases.
    They just need to fix/reset some bugged skill points, like having 2 level 9 skills on 1 unit (they could be acquired at lvl 5 before patch 2).

Why they don't include classic in "all" doesn't matter; they don't want to. Simple.

Good sir, do you stand in personal contact with the developer? Have you taken part in their weekly strategy conferences? Can you provide a link and the source of this valuable information? If not then your opinion is just an opinion, quite biased by the way. It doesnt help to generalize your opinion as that of CA and part of the community that prefers avatar mode with phrases like "Its working as intended", "They dont want to, simple" when you cant even back it up with substantial reasons or evidence. With this kind of argumentation anyone could justify any still existing bug in the game as "working as intended" if hes not interested in a fix.

Why its not included? For the same reason that minor or bigger bugs havent been touched or touched very late after many months in previous TW games as well. They fix those things first that people moan the most about, which is not allways the most important thing. For insteance they tried to fix the "dishonourable coward trait" 2x allready because many people complained about it. But for the game itself this fix was probably the very least important one, it changes nothing.

I have no problem going on this lost mission, Ive done it before, at least partially successfull. And this is the only way CA moves. At least Im voicing my concerns and try to get more options for the TW community in this game and not sit in my comfort zone and block everything that would enlarge the possibilities but isnt on my personal agenda. Its not like classic in the battlelist under "all" would harm anyone, not even matchmade. If CA wanted to get rid of classic they wouldnt have given the option to host it in the first place.

Anyone who wants more options to play is welcome to support this matter. All avatar fans and classic haters are welcome to open an avatar praise topic.

Best regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast