Thread: Ikko Ikki DLC pack.

Laetus

Default Ikko Ikki DLC pack.

The funny thing is I was going to post saying how the Ikko Ikki should be a playable fraction and a day later it becomes official DLC. That all cool but will it in anyway effect when using the Darth Mod?

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Ikko Ikki DLC pack.

Game doesnt even work after the DLC update for most people so i would worry about it actually working with vanilla before DMS at the moment.

Laetus

Really? Damn well thanks for the heads up!

Now that it does work, I must state that I believe modders will be able to unlock the faction without the DLC
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

Be able too maybe, be legal to no. No worries tho, modders as a solid rule of thumb are adept at creating better 'DLC' than any company ive seen so far.

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

My game runs after the patch, but I can't play an Ikko campaign. I can only play a custom battle with them.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Vasa View Post
    My game runs after the patch, but I can't play an Ikko campaign. I can only play a custom battle with them.
    me too

but i am pleased to say that all my mods work and my save , first tiem start up no issues, but im shaking my head at why the bastards are available in custom and not campaign???

is anyone playing an Ikko campaign???

Now that it does work, I must state that I believe modders will be able to unlock the faction without the DLC
    Well if you look at some postings in the vanilla section people are so excited about playing with monks and Ronin , something you could of done with AUM all along.....
    Last edited by ♔DARTH LEGO♔; May 26, 2011 at 11:46 PM.

Just started the Ikko Ikki campaign with DMS 2.2. No problems.
    No Bishamonten war god though

Ikko monk leveled; only got 2 points, instead of the 3 from DM.
    Last edited by noesis790; May 27, 2011 at 08:53 AM.

I downloaded Ikko Ikki DLC and can run it with DMS 2.25+AUM with no problems. Despite the various complaints about it, it should add quite a bit of replay value to the game: getting to play as a revolutionary movement instead of just another power-hungry warlord adds a whole new tinge to the game.

Presently unplayable for Darth fans, however, as it needs to be re-balanced to match the other clans. Plus Ikko Ikki JFC unit cards and Evasat/Furinkazan portraits for the Ikko Ikki leader would be very nice.
    Last edited by Midwinter; May 29, 2011 at 05:19 AM.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Presently unplayable for Darth fans,
    No offence mate but that is complete speculation....and wrong on so many levels i dont even know where to begin, myself and Mr Kami have been playing solidly since last night and having the best DMS experience ever, so what do you base this on if you wouldn't mind elaborating...?

if you are having an issue please post in the technical sub and we will assist where possible.

Last edited by ♔DARTH LEGO♔; May 29, 2011 at 06:27 AM.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Presently unplayable for Darth fans, however, as it needs to be re-balanced to match the other clans. Plus Ikko Ikki JFC unit cards and Evasat/Furinkazan portraits for the Ikko Ikki leader would be very nice.
    What is presently unplayable for Darth fans?
    Ikko Ikki is not unplayable by any means if thats what you are refering to.
    As for the unit cards and portraits thats a request you will have to make in their threads not here or in the feedback thread.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; May 29, 2011 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kami View Post
    What is presently unplayable for Darth fans?
    My mistake. I was overstating the case. I simply meant that the II DLC units don't match up with those already balanced by Darth.

So, not unplayable. but unmodded.

dajarvi's Avatar Semisalis
    Marquette, Michigan, right on Lake Superior

I'm not gonna buy the DLC. If they want a DLC worth buying, give us China. Expand the map. Give us an all out expansion. Modders can create new clans, as they should. We shouldn't have to pay for something so easy to make.

Hi dajarvi,

Feel the same way, but I have to admit the Ikko DLC is quite good as it adds a completely new aspect to the game. (I didn't buy Napoleon total war because I thought it was a general ripping when they should have expanded Empire instead. (not unit packs) )

This adds a complete new faction that is quote well done and as mentioned before it's refreshingly different from the other clans... now if I can only get it to work properly with 2.25... grrr

Hannarr's Avatar Civis

I really do hope they expand the map to include eastern China, the Korean Peninsula, Hokkaido and the area around Vladivostok.

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

I have bought the Ikko pack but I have no idea whether it was installed or not... one thing is sure, I can't see the Ikko among the playable factions...

pretorian's Avatar Civis

Of course You tried restarting Steam after buying DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by [G-Shock] View Post
    I have bought the Ikko pack but I have no idea whether it was installed or not... one thing is sure, I can't see the Ikko among the playable factions...
    Verify cache integrity and make sure your not using a mod thats not updated for the DLC. The one that gave me issues was Extended Campaign.

-Instance

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

Not really interested about vanilla... honestly I don't know why I bought it.

Atm I am testing the SR2+ mod, will revert back to DMS when the new beta rounds start.