Thread: Replacing S:TW2 Music with your own

Icon5 Replacing S:TW2 Music with your own

I've seen a good number of mods which replace the music for S:TW2, but I'm more interested in listening to music from my own collection while playing. Being able to enable playback through the game would be much nicer than using an external player for a variety of reasons.

Would someone mind telling me how this is done? A mod that would make this easier for inexperienced users like me would be fantastic, of course.

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, wasn't quite sure where to put it.

Default Re: Replacing S:TW2 Music with your own

What i usually do is download an existing music mod and use that as a base.

To open it you will need the shogun PFM (Pack file manager). Can be downloaded from the modworkshop - tools section.

Once youve installed that double click on the music pack file you downloaded, itll say "windows cant open, etc etc, choose a program to open this file with".

Browse for the pack file manager exe, select it and choose "always open with or choose this as default program bla bla bla"

Now, once this opens you will find a file structure in the PFM window something like:
    "+MODNAME
    +music

Go into music, double click on the files inside to preview them in yer mediaplayer, right click and go to replace file to replace them. Browse for the file/s you want to replace them with.

Also, the files you are modding into the game need to be given the exact same name as the original to work properly.

After all thats done, go to file, save, then your done

Hey all, thank you for this thread and I'm actually using some of my own music...A question:
    I'm using the PFM 1.6.5 beta (I'm new as you can tell) and everytime I try to play the music, the program is throwing an error saying access is denied (the music will still play via WMP). I can just click continue and it will. However, when I try to replace the file and then save, the program just froze.

I tried running the application as admin and that removes the access denied error, but still froze upon saving. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Excuse me, but if you want to listen to your own music while playing, isn't it easier to just turn Shogun music off, and run some music player like winamp in background? Alt-tabbing from and back to the game is quick and easy , so changing music at any time shouldn't be a problem too. Why complicate things?

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

If I may be so bold as to leave a suggestion, there is a game called Genji Days of the Blade which imho has great traditional japanese music. I will post a link below, listen if you so desire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slpx...339AE9A05829F2