Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II Feedback for v2.2-2,35

Default DarthMod: Shogun II Feedback for v2.2-2,35

-----
    Post your feedback and suggestions
    and everything will be noticed
    in order to optimise the mod
    -----

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II Feedback for v2.2 and above

Improve the cannons/artillery trajectories. They just float as I reported earlier.
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

I played a new game in vh/vh with tokugawa, waiting for the witcher 2 patch :p

Battles are fun. But what you did to improve melee penetration seem to be weird when chasing troups when you have won. My army was still killing routed units easily but on the screen, it acted weird with my infantries a bit in front of the moving units they were killing. It still works perfectly with cavalry. I guess it's not clear but my english suxx, i gonna take some screenshots later to show you what I mean.

I noticed that Hattori had a lots of provinces like 5 or 6 but their three stacks were only composed of ashigaru, lots of archers of course.

Second thing i noticed is that Tokugawa kissho ninja have not the cheap price like others clans specialized units, nor they are fast to build.

Btw, you always have a bad timing when you release your new pack... CA always screw your work with their patch or DLC.

Now that we can play as Ikko Ikki , will you still maintain a limit of 4 for ronin?
    Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
    [Angelic music plays... ]
    King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
    Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

Please make the Ikko Ikki handicap optional. In my campaigns they never amount to much of a threat so I think the nerf is unnecessary.

Playing Shimazu, latest patch, DMS2.2. Attack battle, two full stacks Shimazu lead by two Clan member vs one full stack Mori lead by a General. During the battle, my Ally didn't show up and there in information or notice about why they didn't show.
    The key to problems is usually the ignition key

diadok's Avatar Senator

Suggestion : Remove all starting wars (whatever as optionnal or not)
    Because with starting wars the game is like scripted and it's really BORING and REPETITIVE to start every time with the same configuration, same alliances, same enemies etc... and, more important, some clans would survive longer.

I really don't care historical accuracy when it is a so big breaking for gameplay... and a thing i have always considered as stupid in TW games is to start campaign at war with an oponent and both have no buildings, no troops, no technologies, no money... it's perfectly ridiculous.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Since Steam added something yesterday I get a CTD before the intro.

Uninstalled Darth. Verified Shogun with Steam. Downloaded and installed latest Darth Mod (2,2). Rebooted.

It still crashes. Is any one else getting this?

Oda, Vh/Vh, Darthmod V2.2. I notice when your food supply is -1 in a settlement, there are no negative affects to the population happiness. Is this a feature of Darthmod?

When units are routing they run in a straight, orderly line, or else group together in a concentrated block. Recall routing units in RTW; they would be scattered about and, when several units are routing it really looks like a defeated army. Can this be done in Shogun 2?

Another thing; in vanilla my Daimyo always got +1 honour after defeating an army, in Darthmod this doesn't happen?

Great mod! truly outstanding work the effort you put in, the battles are great. + rep

Agent point, does anyone notice that in the DMS v2.2 and CA patch (v3444). When the agent gain experience and going to next level, sometime the giving point is 6 instead of 3. I don't know this is right or a bug.
    The key to problems is usually the ignition key

If you recruit an agent in a province with the speciality building for that agent,you get a bonus level of experience so extra points can be spent,well thats what I have noticed

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

Increase Ashigaru unit numbers, decrease samurai unit numbers.
    Population cap
    Structure cap
    More ashigaru unit types
    Lower experience recruitable for units
    Higher Ashigaru training times and upkeep, lower Samurai training times lower upkeep (balances with superior skills vs much lower numbers and unit caps)
    Ensure CAI does not storm/sally out unless it's much stronger than opponent
    Ensure BAI storms using all generals but the Daisho when the battle is still raging not when everyone else has routed and it's too late.
    Bring back the general traits to 2 per rank instead of 3.
    Diplomatic actions should be followed by military actions. Don't let Imagawa invade Shimazu if it is at war with 5 clans already.

Mmmm yes, that's a good beginning.

I'm playing Usenagi, about 40-50 turns now. What can I say so far:

CAI:
    seems not only more agressive - it's making blitzkreig actually. By now most of minor clans were eaten by major clans (or inversly, some minor clans also took out majors).

BAI:
    Very nice.

Archery:
    With boots it's quite nice. Not OP, but not so bad as it was previousley, now at least my samurai archers can finally kill something.

Diplomacy:
    Some (less powerful) clans delcare war on me almost for no reason, even if they were friendly and had trade agreement etc with me. Dunno if that's an issue or the way it should be.

Ai keeps making funny offers, like one have been generousley offered today - you pay us 20 000 and we can make peace (less powerful clan, getting crushed by me at each battle). I lol'd on this one.

Short and generally:
    Mod is real fun now.

Quote Originally Posted by [G-Shock] View Post
    Bring back the general traits to 2 per rank instead of 3.
    No offence but this feature is main reason why i use darthmod.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Feedback for 2.2.
    Using AUM 2.3 beta.
    Playing on Legendary.

-CAI major clans expanding very nicely by turn 23 allmost all of them have 3-4 provinces.
    -Oda now survives allmost every campaign for me.
    -Ikko Ikki has gotten stronger then ever after the AUM update that allows for them to make use of a complete unitroster,they are mighty/affluent after 23 turns and have five provinces still thats not relevant to DMS.
    -Naval landings are happening more often,Hatakeyama have invaded Chosokabe Takeda have claimed Honmas island,Chosokabe owns a region within Shimazu lands.
    -CAI is attacking Kyoto trying to claim the Shogunate for themselvs wich i have never seen before.
    -Archers feel very nicely balanced,two bow ashigaru xp rank 2 focused fire on a moving unit of Yari ashigaru and completly decimated them before they reached meele range.

Gotta get back in my Date campaign now just discovered they joy in using x2 unit sizes.

Not sure if this was deliberate, but Yari Wall option for Yari Samurai is now gone in my newly started campaign with the Shimazu.

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Here is what i encounter on this patch

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Bring back the general traits to 2 per rank instead of

Darth could u please make this an option.

Resoded's Avatar Libertus

I really like the Oda Ashigaru recruitment. It's great.

Fire Bomb Kobayas are too effective. One salvo and they will set fire to a nanban trade ship. Right now, they are the most powerful naval unit. They should be good due to their cap, but this is just too much. Everything catches fire too easy.

MELEE PENETRATION is to great. Spearwalls needs to be insanely deep to be effective. Only a slight change is needed.

RONINS should NOT be limited by a fixed number of 4. Limit it instead to the number of rice exchanges, the same as different agents do(if this is possible)

REBELS should also have some Ronins with them. Seems cool atleast but not a important thing though.

GARRISONS are a good adition that I like with darthmod. BUT they should be altered somewhat. Dojos should add garrison units respectively(thereby maybe lower the number of units the castles give). Garrison edition of units should have lowered stats. They are hastly recruited and this should be reflected. This also would feel better since the garrisons replenish instantly.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Other suggestion = add an option for 12 turns per year

I noticed that Oda boost make them VERY strong.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast