Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Best clan/player left in Rome multi?

Default Re: Best clan/player left in Rome multi?

Quote Originally Posted by dacder View Post
    I CAN FINALLY USE MY CATCHPHRASE!
    OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!
    No you

Quote Originally Posted by |-HoS-|-Zeke View Post
    How is Varus overrated? If anything he is underrated. Maybe playing styles have kinda caught up with him nowadays, but he was playing at today's level back in 06 ffs.
    Actually met a guy in my World of Tanks clan who used to be in Hell, who used Javcav in 2006. Said that his clanmates called his pontic army noob and that they tried to give him "good" armies. pretty funny since they are a common sight in seleucid and pontic builds today.

the jav cav revolution shall take over teh world

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Maximius Thongus View Post
    the jav cav revolution shall take over teh world
    Jav cav give you so many tactical advantages
    [insert awesome buffalo here]

there are over 9000 ways of using javcav

Quote Originally Posted by roam View Post
    Jav cav give you so many tactical advantages
    QFT

Now you can't make any excuses for the Rome v Rome we had. ^^

The fact you had 7 heavy cav to my 5 and we had equal numbers of infrantry didn't play a part then lol

TheFoolOnTheHill's Avatar Centenarius

there is no best player there are only good ones ok ones and bad ones
    Crème tangerine and Montelimar,A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news,But you have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,Cool cherry cream, nice apple tart,I feel your taste all the time we're apart,Coconut fudge really blows down those blues,But you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,You might not feel it now,When the pain cuts through,You're going to know and how,The sweat is going to fill your head,When it becomes too muchYou'll shout aloud,You'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,You know that what you eat you are,But what is sweet now turns so sour,We all know Ob-la-di-bla-da,But can you show me where you are?Crème tangerine and Montelimar,A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news,But you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffleYes, you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle. Savoy Truffle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a9TMpAwwBw

Quote Originally Posted by TheFoolOnTheHill View Post
    there is no best player
    Yes there is. That's why tournaments exist. To find the best player.
    there are only good ones ok ones and bad ones
    No.
    Smilies...the resort of those with a vacuous argument

I'm actually not sure if I agree with that. It can be very easy to tell who are among the best, but I think it's much harder to tell who is the best among the best.

Well, the player which wins the tourney is in a way the "best" player of that tourney. I think that a best player exists, just that there isn't any viable way of finding it out.
    Smilies...the resort of those with a vacuous argument

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

Well said Plant.
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

Well, the player which wins the tourney is in a way the "best" player of that tourney.
    Unless they don`t cheat (stats altering) or fake. Happened a lot though. The results of those tourneys are invalid of course.

An average player could win just by being on the right side of a tourney draw eg. somehow missing all the good players, and then getting lucky in the final.

Unlikely but possible

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

Yep, but that wouldn't tell anything about his skill would it.
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

Ive begun to buy into the idea that skill levels can be summarized into some kind of hierarchy where dozens of players can have almost identical ability. I mean there are very few players in the game who play quality competition and win a vast majority of their games and even fewer still who play and win repeatedly against the top twenty or so remaining players. RTW is hard to assess skill level of individual players especially since some are significantly better in 1v1s or in team games and beyond that better or worse with particular factions and units. I mean I have beaten players (even at times with faction disadvantages) who I know are much much better than myself and have also been beaten by players I would assume are not as skilled in-game as myself...hard to definitively say one player is better than another unless a large sample size is taken into consideration with a level of fairness

"You just moved up on my list of known players from that one witty guy from RCC to a walking smileyface."-Max

If I ever make one of those trendy players' qoutes sigs this will be one of them, a touching compliment indeed

JEDI clan is quite obviously the best clan ever, I'm not sure which one of us is the best player though.

I couldn't agree with Anakin more.

there is no best player there are only good ones ok ones and bad ones
    I stopped trying to make out who is the best YEARS ago. its just pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Plant View Post
    Yes there is. That's why tournaments exist. To find the best player.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi View Post
    Unless they don`t cheat (stats altering) or fake. Happened a lot though. The results of those tourneys are invalid of course.
    dont forget friend politics. I stopped trusting

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalII View Post
    Ive begun to buy into the idea that skill levels can be summarized into some kind of hierarchy where dozens of players can have almost identical ability. I mean there are very few players in the game who play quality competition and win a vast majority of their games and even fewer still who play and win repeatedly against the top twenty or so remaining players. RTW is hard to assess skill level of individual players especially since some are significantly better in 1v1s or in team games and beyond that better or worse with particular factions and units. I mean I have beaten players (even at times with faction disadvantages) who I know are much much better than myself and have also been beaten by players I would assume are not as skilled in-game as myself...hard to definitively say one player is better than another unless a large sample size is taken into consideration with a level of fairness
    Basically what rome has is not a ranking system per player but a caste system where players vary from Veteran to good to decent to mediocre to noob. it takes a few years and considerable skill to be considered as a veteran player and all it really achieves is that you are bored as cause the loss to win rate is ridiculous, and that annoying new players go around calling you out to unnescessary 1v1's to reassert your status. whats worse is other veterans or good players calling ones status into question because you are not there for a month or because you do not participate in tournaments. the fact that most people dont even remember most players from 2004 already shows that new people dont know jack . I just dont ing bother trying to figure out who is the best, most peoples opinions dont matter. that and none of them respect their ing elders.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalII View Post
    "You just moved up on my list of known players from that one witty guy from RCC to a walking smileyface."-Max

If I ever make one of those trendy players' qoutes sigs this will be one of them, a touching compliment indeed
    i suppose.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast