Thread: Need a British Noble Chariot Javelinman

Default Need a British Noble Chariot Javelinman

Is anyone doing quickie modeling requests? I would like to "finish" the British faction by converting their heavy chariots into javelineers. To do this I need their weapon changed from a sword to a javelin.

Vanilla RTW barbarian heavy chariot models are:
    unit_barb_crew_heavy_400.cas
    unit_barb_crew_heavy_300.cas
    unit_barb_crew_heavy_200.cas
    unit_barb_crew_heavy_100.cas
    unit_barb_crew_heavy_70.cas

I suggest the new name of unit_barb_jav_crew_heavy. Might be easiest to just do 3 levels of the model or so.

Vanilla RTW Textures are:
    unit_barb_heavy_crew_briton.tga
    unit_barb_heavy_crew_slave.tga

(the slave texture is an "if you have time" thing, I'm primarily interested in the Briton version.) I suggest the new names of unit_barb_jav_heavy_crew_briton (or slave).tga.

I will use these with the existing 1.3/1.5 fs_chariot_javelinman skeleton that CA added for BI. I'm already using a version of this with hidden british skirmisher warband skin as the chariot javelineer in place of the chariot archers.

Thanks to anyone who cares to tackle this.

Here you go. I didn't actually test if it works, but no reason why it shouldn't.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

You're a modeller tFighter?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I
    You're a modeller tFighter?
    I wouldn't quite call myself a modeller, but yes, I can model.

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

Please guys use PM's for these kinds of off-topic conversations.

(ok I admit, I only wanted a reason to use that picture) :original:

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Quote Originally Posted by tFighterPilot
    Here you go. I didn't actually test if it works, but no reason why it shouldn't.
    Thanks! I'm going to plug these guys in to verify they are functioning. My plan is to put them into a historical mini-mod pack for the vanilla RTW Brit units/recruitment (with attribution for this model and skin of course.) Bye-bye, doggies, head hurlers, and chariot archers. It will probably take me a few days to sort this all out, and get/make unit cards etc. I seem to be suffering from a case of "scope growth" as well...lol.

Merged double posts

Seems to work well in the tests I've run so far. No anomalies noted on the first pass. Thanks.
    Last edited by Proximus; March 09, 2006 at 03:24 AM.